New PC for WoW?

f that

new sandybridge, I have the i5 2500k (slightly oc'd on air, temps are still perfect)

nvidia GTX570

fps++

I run DX11 mode in wow, and my fps NEVER dips

runs bc2/crysis2/black ops in high res with everything on perfectly also

if you want to get as much FPS as possible in wow then you want a very powerful CPU, because unlike most other games WoW is more CPU limited than Video card limited.

If you can afford it then get an i5-2500K system and watch your FPS skyrocket over anything AMD has to offer. I would not get that dual core athlon if I were you. I tested WoW on the 4.5Ghz i5-2500K system I built and FPS almost doubled compare to a Quad Core Phenom II X4 at 3.6GHz with the same video card.

How do you force WoW to use DX11/10?

The fix published no longer works, as the settings file gets reverted back to default now on startup. Or is it already automatically implemented?

if you want to get as much FPS as possible in wow then you want a very powerful CPU, because unlike most other games WoW is more CPU limited than Video card limited.

If you can afford it then get an i5-2500K system and watch your FPS skyrocket over anything AMD has to offer. I would not get that dual core athlon if I were you. I tested WoW on the 4.5Ghz i5-2500K system I built and FPS almost doubled compare to a Quad Core Phenom II X4 at 3.6GHz with the same video card.

If you're talking to me I already bought it. It was a assemble yourself package deal. I don't care if I the tech is starting to get old, I was just tired of everything on low and still having sub 20fps on bossfights.

If you're talking to me I already bought it. It was a assemble yourself package deal. I don't care if I the tech is starting to get old, I was just tired of everything on low and still having sub 20fps on bossfights.
AYE
you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

How do you force WoW to use DX11/10?

The fix published no longer works, as the settings file gets reverted back to default now on startup. Or is it already automatically implemented?

No way that I know of at the moment. 4.1 will fix it so you can change it properly in the graphics settings.

Back