+skill

aegisalpha said:
Maladath in PvE (61+), BB in PvP.
I only slap on the Maladath for bosses, because trash is pretty meaningless, but if there's a lot of 63 trash (Wyrmguard pulls) I'll use it then too.

I don't think the -glancing makes up for the 1.31% crit and 18 AP on other trash, but I didn't really care enough to test it hardcore.

I have been going all out getting every piece of blue +hit gear and still using the +6 swords on my twin blades of hakkar.

Holy shit, it's so funny. My gear looks like a noob from lowbie instances.

nyx chain +1 hit
truestrike shoulders +2hit, 24ap, 30ap enchant as well (lmao)
zulian tigerhide +1 hit
primal batskin chest +1 hit, +4 all stats
primal batskin bracers +1 hit
ns gloves +1 hit
belt of preserved heads +1 hit
blooddrenched footpads +1 hit
band of accuria +2 hit
don julios +1 hit
royal seal +2 hit
drake fang +2 hit

and the +5 hit talent spec leading into a 20/31 build

my dps is stupid, it really is. We did a quick Kazzack run with a BWL/AQ40 decked rogue, and I blew his DPS out of the water. He is daggers, has the aq40 dagger, perdis, deathdealers. I mean, there was no competition, I was a good 1% over him (group of about 24, 5 rogues) and I was averaging 515dps.
edit: I screenshotted his excuse when his guildies gave him shit. "Oh, well I didn't have any poisons on."

I *wish* there was an item that gave +swords that I could use in conjunction with the blades, cuz they fucking rock. Everyone seems to underestimate them.

I think I put out about 1.9mil dmg in MC in a 3.2 hour clear. I have a recap screenie I can post. I really don't know if that is good or not, though, as it is quite possible that everyone else who does damage in my guild just...doesnt...

Still can't find another +swords item in the game, I assume one doesn't exist?

edit2: sigh should have rolled human :(

Last edited:
You've got 21% chance to hit, Gringo. Not much of a surprize that you outdamaged a dagger rogue who's probably 31/8/12 or some variant of the Seal Fate build.

Ender P. Wiggin said:
You've got 21% chance to hit, Gringo. Not much of a surprize that you outdamaged a dagger rogue who's probably 31/8/12 or some variant of the Seal Fate build.

His rogue, Cinestro, with Attrition:
16/25/10 pure pve dagger dmg build.
Perdition / AQ
Deathdealer's in some slots
Boots of Shadow
lots of AP gear

Though I don't know if this was his best gear makeup, I've seen this guy idle in IF with 3-4 different sets of items.

the guy had an asston of damage gear, but no +skill, and no true focus on +hit. He is seriously one of the most geared rogues on our server (but he's a transfer to our server,and we're natives, so we give them shit all the time).

edit: I've been reading a ton in that thread that Pessi commented a lot in about glancing. Fuck me for not rolling a human. :(

edit2: I guess I'm not understanding that blue euro post http://forums-en.wow-europe.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-blizzard-archive-en&t=15 as well as I thought, I don't seem to understand the implied Crit Cap.

How does +hit correlate, numbers-wise, to +skill?

I'm smacking myself in the forhead for not working more with the numbers, though I've never been the type upgrade to epics just because. What I'm really attempting to do is get +25 hit, no matter the cost in gear, and consider that point "ground zero" to upgrade items. I'm missing the equation +1 hit = +x dps with my gear, and I guess I just don't have the time to spend on parsing like I would need to.

Last edited:
Yeah I usually troll around with about 61% of my damage from white.
14% for ss
11% for evis
10% instant poison

give or take a few.

Error|550 said:
Aren't all the sites pretty shitty in estimating drop rates? If not, please direct me to one that actually does a better job. I've tried Thottbot, GoblinWorkshop, Allakhazam ...

Thottbot just isn't updated often, and isn't as reliable as most of the other sites. Thott still has some stuff in from beta that shows it as still being in the game.

Either way, Edgemasters are a world drop, meaning that there isn't any single mob that is going to drop it more than any other single mob. The deadwood mobs are one of the few sub-50 mobs that 60s farm.

Gringo said:
Yeah I usually troll around with about 61% of my damage from white.
14% for ss
11% for evis
10% instant poison

give or take a few.
Your biggest prob is that you use evisc. =p

SnD & Rupture > Evisc

PessimiStick said:

SnD & Rupture > Evisc

I guess you're right. I'm usually dazzled by the big evis crit when it actually shows up, but I tend to hit with a 1, 2, or 3 pt evis more often than anything since I have improved evis.

We're on Nef tonight, so I'll try to only use that, see how it work.

edit: im runnin with a 20/31 tonight, think I should respec, drop imp evis, and put the extra points in something else? I always carry deadly V and instant on me, perhaps 3 pts in vile or imp inst? i know they get resisted, but not as much as I expected.

Last edited:
PessimiStick said:

SnD & Rupture > Evisc

I always found it odd DoTs seem to dole out more damage, but I guess the only drawback to that is time. I usually have fun grinding doing a Garrote and a 5-point Rupture, just feels satisfying to watch that life meter "bleed" away.

I just have never focused on using rupture, not even in pvp, as I'd just vigor/SF my way to a quick victory, staying away from high-hp targets most of the time.

I don't see the benefit in trash clearing, and if I'm on a boss, I always have SnD up, pop a thistle, use AR, have a +25 energy regen occasionally. I don't have a problem landing evis usually.

I guess I could ask this question - does +hit benefit landing an evis?

Gringo, yes. If you're at 6-7% hit, you'll never miss a special attack (Cheap Shot, Garrote, Ambush, Backstab, Sinister Strike, Rupture, Eviscerate, etc.).

Gringo said:
I just have never focused on using rupture, not even in pvp, as I'd just vigor/SF my way to a quick victory, staying away from high-hp targets most of the time.

I don't see the benefit in trash clearing, and if I'm on a boss, I always have SnD up, pop a thistle, use AR, have a +25 energy regen occasionally. I don't have a problem landing evis usually.

I guess I could ask this question - does +hit benefit landing an evis?
Rupture and Evisc have the same base damage.

Evisc is subject to armor reduction. Rupture is not.
(Ignoring the fact that evisc loses 35 energy on a miss and Rupture is about 8, *and* cheaper to begin with)

Say a mob has 30% mitigation (most normal bosses):

Evisc with 30% crit (my base)

((936 * .7) + (936 * 2 * .3)) * .7 = 851.62

Rupture = 935

Imp. Evisc makes it *marginally* more damage, but Rupture is still better damage per energy, and the talents can be used somewhere else to up DPS or survivability.

Back