[MEGATHREAD]Battlefield Bad Company 2 [Not a Forum!]

But... and I'm just throwing this out there because I'm curious.... wouldn't a game that is as spam-filled (as it appears to be) as this one is... have a problem with players fragile enough to be killed in 2 or 3 bullets?

I mean, it would be nothing but spawn-shoot-die-spawn-shoot-die in a full 32 player MP game. You know those kinds of games... the type where it's just chaos and you getting shot up on spawning in by a random dude just as he gets shot up by some other dude who calls in artillery before catching a bullet by the guy who just leveled the house he was in... before being killed by you again as you spawn in only to get flatten by the roof caving in from the explosives owned by guy you just killed as he touched them off.... blahblahblah.

I'm just making an observation based on what I saw in the videos... with all the readily available explosive, rapid-fire, unending firepower afforded to the players.

Last edited:
I do pretty decent, but I don't like this push style gameplay, just not my type, I prefer conquest and choices, just my 2 cents.

Weapons are fine.

Its much better than 2142, which was fucking terrible. BF2 was a step in the wrong direction compared to the previous two titles, but I'll reserve real judgement for this game until the retail launch.

fun game but it runs like ass on my computer

I would have to upgrade mobo/cpu/memory

What do you have? I just build my sons new PC a AMD system...all i got was the Phenom 4x a new mobo and 4gb ram for $340.97 and everything else like his cards and hard drives were transfered over

I'm currently running an aging system but it seems like my FPS isn't too bad really.

E6850 @ 3.00GHz
8 GB
Gigabyte OCed GTX 260

I've read some people are having issues with quad cores while hyper threading is turned on. So that may be why my FPS is pretty decent while others with better systems are not. I have every set to high except AA, Aniscopic Filtering, and Shadows are at Medium.

I turned off DX10 to see if it'd help my FPS, while they don't seem too much better I sorta miss the DX10 glare you get from the snow. I think my FPS is around 20-30ish depending with drops down into the teens sometimes. It's playable enough for me to do pretty well so far sniping and infiltration.

So far I really like this game, I missed prone as well however I stopped missing it when I didn't see any enemies laying down insides a building shooting straight up at you from a prone position. At the very least you don't mistake prone player for a dead one. I'd be a huge fan of toggle crouch though, since crouching is what you have to do frequently as a sniper, it wears a bit having to hold it constantly. Also I thought they were trying to promote team work by not showing kills/deaths but then at the end of the round they should you it anyway, so I agree score board should include ping, kills/deaths.

I'll definitely be buying this game, it's exactly what I've been looking for in a multiplayer game to fill the void ME2 left after they fucked PC Gaming.

What do you have? I just build my sons new PC a AMD system...all i got was the Phenom 4x a new mobo and 4gb ram for $340.97 and everything else like his cards and hard drives were transfered over

I have an amd 64 4000, socket 939

I do have 4gb ram but I'd have to toss it if I got a new mobo, which I would have to get

Hard Core will be a ranked mode. There will be no kill cam after deaths, no HUD to speak of, no crosshairs and the amount of damage you can take will be decreased dramatically

IGN..
"DICE is adding a hardcore mode to increase the realism. Here there will be no kill cam after deaths, no HUD to speak of, and the amount of damage you can take will be decreased dramatically."

I bet the respawn timer is a bit higher too, maybe even limit your ability to only spawn on squad leader etc.

I really dig the knife stabbing animation. The power behind it is really satisfying, much more so than MW2. Collecting dog tags is a nice touch as well. I've got quite the collection...

I gave sniping another test run and its still the same shit, head shots register when they want....2-3 rounds to the chest to kill another.

Now the tank is bad ass i was raping shit up and had a engineer fixing my tank as i tore down buildings.

I gave sniping another test run and its still the same shit, head shots register when they want....2-3 rounds to the chest to kill another.

Now the tank is bad ass i was raping shit up and had a engineer fixing my tank as i tore down buildings.

I haven't had any issues with head shots not registering. Stupid question, but are you accounting for bullet drop at long range?

That is cool surprised he didn't mention what video cards he is using or I missed it.

He posted it in the youtube comments.

Yes it automatically does it in BFBC2 no editing the ini file .... The resolution is 5760 X 1080 and is supported natively in this game ( there arent many TF2 is supported and Need for Speed Shift is support but COD4 and MW2 I have to run a widescreen fixing program to make those games work. My video card I got is a ATI 5870 and my cpu is a Intel core i7 920 Revision DO running at 3.78

Been playing and having tons of fun now.

paulmezick and I were playing in a server and we had the attackers just stuck up on that rock and in their spawn.

They had this light tank just sitting at the far end of the right road just shelling the sites and we couldnt kill him because he kept dodging rpgs, and we couldn't move up because it was out of bounds.

I stole an enemy 4 wheeler and put explosives on it and weaved my way dodging his shots and pulled some jihad action.

Reminds me so much of having fun with jeeps in BF1942.

Been playing and having tons of fun now.

paulmezick and I were playing in a server and we had the attackers just stuck up on that rock and in their spawn.

They had this light tank just sitting at the far end of the right road just shelling the sites and we couldnt kill him because he kept dodging rpgs, and we couldn't move up because it was out of bounds.

I stole an enemy 4 wheeler and put explosives on it and weaved my way dodging his shots and pulled some jihad action.

Reminds me so much of having fun with jeeps in BF1942.

fuck yah, i know its only beta but holy shit this game really does have a bf1942 feel to it with all the shit going on at once during a map. i am really excited about 1943 and playing wake again with the idea that i can roll into any cap point and blow the buildings up from people who are trying to sap the tanks or house hide.

Back