Ye olde phone battle: Droid Vs Iphone by frozen-rain - Page 3 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Ye olde phone battle: Droid Vs Iphone
Page 3 of 9
cogzinofa
VeteranXV
Old
41 - 02-16-2011, 23:14
the motorola astrix/olympus is dreamy.

I have a droid 2 good solid phone. if I don't charge it during the day it'll be down to 10% by the time I get home. it's battery is about as good as my iphone 3g.

edit: except for the blur crapware.

Sponsored Links
streetwi$e
Veteran5
Old
42 - 02-16-2011, 23:17
i am eager to see these new qHD phones (Atrix, HTC pyramid) in comparison to the s-amoled and IPS of iphone4, right now I say the 4.0 s-amoled are winning out.

Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
43 - 02-17-2011, 00:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetwi$e View Post
i am eager to see these new qHD phones (Atrix, HTC pyramid) in comparison to the s-amoled and IPS of iphone4, right now I say the 4.0 s-amoled are winning out.
I had my Samsung Focus (4" sAMOLED) next to an iPhone 4, playing the same Flight Control game, and the iPhone 4 just looked dark and depressing next to the vibrant/bright colors and deep milky blacks of my phone.

That having been said, his texts was noticeably crisper.

Can't wait for higher resolution sAMOLED screens to come out.

streetwi$e
Veteran5
Old
44 - 02-17-2011, 00:37
yeah the problem with s-amoled is that it cant display the text as crisp, it has the block and fuzzyness. The blacks though are amazing and its awesome for movies and pictures. Retina display is just marketing BS it's just a high resolution SIPS pushed onto a smaller screen, yes it looks good but the marketing is exaggerated. Believe it or not I still really like some of the nicer SLCD displays they are still the best at displaying text if your more into texting and emailing.

Rockstar Psy
VeteranXV
Old
45 - 02-17-2011, 00:47
love my iphone 4, screen is amazing, runs great, no bloated software...also have it jailbroken & its more awesomeness now & battery is damn awesome.

i donno why driod boys hate so much

streetwi$e
Veteran5
Old
46 - 02-17-2011, 00:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar Psy View Post
love my iphone 4, screen is amazing, runs great, no bloated software...also have it jailbroken & its more awesomeness now & battery is damn awesome.

i donno why driod boys hate so much
i dont hate it but it is inferior to android, have fun w/ the 3g though, the non removal battery, antique closed os, and bad screen in comparison to samoled

Vee
VeteranX
Old
47 - 02-17-2011, 00:52
guies meh text is not in hd

wtf is this piece of ****?

i need text in 1440p

Vee
VeteranX
Old
48 - 02-17-2011, 00:54
get glasses already, emo nerds

Psyclone
VeteranXX
Old
49 - 02-17-2011, 01:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogzinofa View Post

edit: except for the blur crapware.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.fede.launcher

Psyclone
VeteranXX
Old
50 - 02-17-2011, 01:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetwi$e View Post
yeah the problem with s-amoled is that it cant display the text as crisp, it has the block and fuzzyness.
Something must be wrong with your phone. I have the Epic with samoled and I can zoom to max in my browser, pdf viewer, etc. and I notice zero block/fuzziness...

streetwi$e
Veteran5
Old
51 - 02-17-2011, 01:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyclone View Post
Something must be wrong with your phone. I have the Epic with samoled and I can zoom to max in my browser, pdf viewer, etc. and I notice zero block/fuzziness...
Nexus One SLCD vs. Nexus One AMOLED showdown

read about it its the way samsung uses pentile matrixes on samoled, the reason you don't notice? you dont see it next to SLCD

Quote:
Every graphic and especially text looked somehow blurry and my eyes had trouble focussing on smaller text. It wasn***8217;t very complicated to find the reason for this by searching the web for a few minutes. The culprit here is called ***8220;PenTile Matrix***8221;. Samsung uses this pixel approach for all of their current (SUPER) AMOLED screens. Each pixel doesn***8217;t have three subpixel (red-green-blue) like on traditional LCD screens, but only two subpixel which are alternating in colors (green-blue / green-red). Let***8217;s take a look at the following screenshot to visualize this (source: Nexus One***8217;s AMOLED Screen under the microscope | Stealthcopter.com).

The problem of this approach is that text looks MUCH worse than on an LCD screen with the same resolution. Straight lines appear like zig-zag lines on the AMOLED screen, which is not comfortable to read

Shadow(of)Death
VeteranX
Old
52 - 02-17-2011, 01:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyclone View Post
It's not much of a real issue, but if you compare it to an LCD, you will see the difference. But obviously the benefits of the sAMOLED screen are much more visible, and IMO make it the obvious choice.

streetwi$e
Veteran5
Old
53 - 02-17-2011, 01:31

and yeah the samoled still suffers from those problems

i agree w/ shadow the pros outway the cons its still better then everything including the iphone4 "retina" display which from a technical standpoint is pure marketing

Dresden
VeteranXX
Old
54 - 02-17-2011, 01:38
iPhone has the best games and games selection. That's all I really care about in a phone currently.

I hate apple but their phones scream quality.

Hopefully Google figures out their Droid app store soon and creates a clean and viable marketplace.

I'd like to switch in a year or 2 when droid catches up in software. Hardware is already there if not better.

-[ENIG]ma-
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 02-17-2011, 01:45
I have a droid incredible, I use skyraider 3.5sense and an undervolted kernel. Battery life will last me a day of normal use, half a day of heavy use. the key is to keep a charger wherever you spend time (bed, office, work, car) and in case of emergency a spare battery or something like this Amazon.com: Duracell Instant USB Charger with Lithium ion battery / includes universal cable with USB and mini USB,: Electronics

streetwi$e
Veteran5
Old
56 - 02-17-2011, 01:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
iPhone has the best games and games selection. That's all I really care about in a phone currently.

I hate apple but their phones scream quality.

Hopefully Google figures out their Droid app store soon and creates a clean and viable marketplace.

I'd like to switch in a year or 2 when droid catches up in software. Hardware is already there if not better.
The market will catch up it's almost there if not already, I doubt you have tried the new gingerbread market its much improved. Also, the new https://market.android.com/ web market syncs to your phone via cloud so the market problems can be avoided all together.

As for the apps themselves. You have to remember the android market opened 1.5 years after appstore so it needs another 1.5 years to mature. I think it will catch the appstore before then though. The only thing it really lacks in is games, every other good app has an equal comparable app on android.

From an operating system standpoint ios is an antique now in comparison. Hardware wise its not even close iphone 4 is crap.

I see your point on build quality, I think that the nicest HTC phones match it build quality wise though. Motorola and samsung use some really cheap materials though, why I still refuse to get their phones.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
57 - 02-17-2011, 07:06
^excuses

HTC phones are pieces of **** just like Samsungs and they're the most popular droid phones. Next to an iPhone4 they look like kids' toys... plasticy pieces of **** LOL.

BUT BROS I HAVE DUAL CORE 3 GIGAHURTZ PHONE WAAAAY BETTERRER.

Haha blocky ****ing text,,, yeah your droid is superior bro. rofl

The iOS app store is untouchable. Deal with it, droid ******s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriGiNaL View Post
Androids evolve many times per year, iPhone doesn't. New Galaxy S II is dual-core 1ghz, 1GB RAM, independant gpu, Super AMOLED+ 4" screen. LOL @ "retina screen" and facetime.
yeah bro must be awesome buying a new HTC every 3.5 months because the old ones are unsupported after a year. droidfags

Last edited by amRam; 02-17-2011 at 07:08..
MC Hamster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
58 - 02-17-2011, 07:20
"friend of a friend" apparently does a lot of his own cabinet-making and whatnot, and wound up routing a section of the underside of his bedside table top down to just a sliver, before installing an induction charge pad in there and securing it all back up. So now he can just plonk his phone down on the table at night and it starts charging.

Sounds like a cool idea... not hugely efficient, but handy.

Bounty
Love
Old
59 - 02-17-2011, 07:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Yeah man its totally reasonable to expect to charge your mobile devices 17 times a day... lmao
Okay, talk about ****ing irony, I woke up this morning and it was totally dead. Left it on coffee table with browser open and didn't plug it in.

The universe apparently doesn't want me making snarky replies on t-dub.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
60 - 02-17-2011, 08:26
iOwned!!

The fact that it died just because you had a browser open is extra delicious. **** I love my iPhone.

Page 3 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Ye olde phone battle: Droid Vs Iphone

Social Website Bullshit