[(#)SOCCER] 2009-2010 Season Thread

I like Liverpool a lot and I like Torres a lot. He gets injured a decent bit but is still the most crucial member of the team.

I don't want to see them part, even for that asinine amount of money...even though I sold him for 120 million in fifa, lol.

Chelsea's under 30 years squad is probably:
Bosingwa 27
Ivanovic 26
Terry 29
Zhirkov 26
Mikel 23
Essien 27
J Cole 28
Malouda 29
Kalou 24
Chelsea don't really have a first team striker option in the under 30 age bracket.

rbfj37.jpg

holy fucking christ watching that ball fly felt like watching an airplane take off and land ever so gracefully

absolutely amazing

when you see goals from that distance the ball usually goes way up high and the goalie is so far up he never makes it back in time... but this one just had a beautiful trajectory and even with the goalie in place he was powerless to stop it

bump, Barcelona have confirmed signing Villa

it doesn't look like bojan was included in the final package for Villa but this does signal the fact that Barcelona aren't much better than a whole host of other clubs in their big-spending ways as they are simultaneously attempting to sign Fabregas.

that is 75 million pounds on strikers in the past two transfer windows (plus unloading Eto'o)

that is serious cash

Looking at this trade now make it laughable that they gave $40mil+Eto in exchange for Ibra. Than again you can say the same for Kaka. Villa however is there to replace Ibra.

bump, Barcelona have confirmed signing Villa

it doesn't look like bojan was included in the final package for Villa but this does signal the fact that Barcelona aren't much better than a whole host of other clubs in their big-spending ways as they are simultaneously attempting to sign Fabregas.
Laporta is currently going to do anything he can to ensure he signs Vila and Cesc before Rosell can get his hands on them, and he'll authorizing large sums of money to do that. He's a retard though since Rosell is still going to win the elections, and when he comes in, he will likely put controls on big-spending for individual signings.

And to be fair, half of Barça comes from it's B-squad, so sure they spend some money on big signings, but a ton of talent also comes from within the club itself, so it kind of balances out.

I say there's no way they get Fabregas.
There's a very real chance we'll get him. Cesc has not shied away from expressing his desire to rejoin Barça, and strings are definitely being moved behind the scenes from Laportas end, and likely from Rosell's as well. If for some reason it doesn't happen this summer, it will next year.

Also, I'm very excited to have Vila with us now, I don't know how much he cost, but I think he's going to be a great addition to our squad, can't wait to see how he fits in with our offense :]

Next years going to be fucking awesome, especially if we get cesc, though rather than get cesc I would like to see some reinforcement of the back line, we've . Now I wonder if Madrid's going to pull off signing Mourinho... that would really heat shit up for next season.

yeah im not sure where cesc would fit in either right now

he's not going to leave as captain of arsenal to be a 2nd choice midfielder

Back