I haven't eaten at Taco Bell since that story by Fool - Page 6 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page I haven't eaten at Taco Bell since that story
Page 6 of 11
Dr Dance
VeteranX
Old
101 - 03-02-2011, 10:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunky View Post
Anti-caking agents

Keep powdered foods free-flowing, prevent moisture absorption

Salt, baking powder, confectioner's sugar Calcium silicate, iron ammonium citrate, silicon dioxide

Food Ingredients and Colors

it is super common in pretty much any food item you get powdered. also, you probably get some when you eat anything grown in the ground.
And it's a leading cause of cancer. Bonus.

Sponsored Links
NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
102 - 03-02-2011, 11:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
i don't know how anyone can eat this...even for .88
Once again, watch Food Inc. Families with 2 or 3 kids can't afford fresh vegetables and produce from the grocery store, nor do they have the time to make dinner. So they pull into the drive through.

The fast food places use additives and fillers to make the food taste the way the masses like and get them addicted. They use fancy pictures with slogans saying it's real beef. Right.

Let's look at soda with HFCS. They added more and more to get people addicted until the majority said enough. Now you see Mountain Dew and Pepsi Throwback. The soda makers don't care if HFCS is bad, or if it's addictive, they want people hooked like a drug so they can make money.

BWarMammoth
VeteranX
Old
103 - 03-02-2011, 11:10
HFCS is not addicting.

zorro
VeteranXV
Old
104 - 03-02-2011, 11:15
it's what makes cigarettes addictive you dummy

never question NGFM

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
105 - 03-02-2011, 11:31
Chicken Quesedilla with a hard taco and a Mountain-Dew =

SexPistol
VeteranX
Old
106 - 03-02-2011, 11:48
can we seriously get a mother****ing link to what "story" fool is talking about

been away from the internet

Exodus
VeteranXX
Old
107 - 03-02-2011, 11:52
I think I just got e-slapped.. and it hurt.

Wren
VeteranXV
Old
108 - 03-02-2011, 11:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Once again, watch Food Inc. Families with 2 or 3 kids can't afford fresh vegetables and produce from the grocery store, nor do they have the time to make dinner. So they pull into the drive through.

The fast food places use additives and fillers to make the food taste the way the masses like and get them addicted. They use fancy pictures with slogans saying it's real beef. Right.

Let's look at soda with HFCS. They added more and more to get people addicted until the majority said enough. Now you see Mountain Dew and Pepsi Throwback. The soda makers don't care if HFCS is bad, or if it's addictive, they want people hooked like a drug so they can make money.
You're absolutely ****ing retarded if you honestly believe that going out to eat at a fast food place every night is cheaper than cooking for your family.

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
109 - 03-02-2011, 11:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopharoth View Post
And it's a leading cause of cancer. Bonus.
only when inhaled, you idiot

and HFCS is addictive, but it's pretty sweet, and it's cheap

Senty
VeteranXX
Old
110 - 03-02-2011, 12:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexPistol View Post
can we seriously get a mother****ing link to what "story" fool is talking about

been away from the internet
Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide ?
Or some such that started the whole thing

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
111 - 03-02-2011, 12:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren View Post
You're absolutely ****ing retarded if you honestly believe that going out to eat at a fast food place every night is cheaper than cooking for your family.
I'll have to search for the documentaries. They talk about it a little in Food Inc. They show a family going to the grocery store, and they can't afford produce. They interview them and the mom is saying it's too expensive. They show them buying a few items in the grocery store, then going through the drive through of McDonalds buying burgers, fries, and drinks from the dollar menu.

A bag of salad is $3.50, tomatoes are $3 a pound, and this is a family we're talking about, not a single person, so they'd need a couple tomatoes. Yes, they could buy a head of lettuce, but then they'd need carrots and all the other stuff that comes in the bags. Fries from the frozen section is $4 and would only last 2 days.

Then they have to go home, make it, and clean up the mess. For those who want a good link to watch the entire documentary, it's here.
http://www.livevideo.com/video/Consp...nc-pt-1-6.aspx

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 03-02-2011 at 12:20..
Wren
VeteranXV
Old
112 - 03-02-2011, 12:30
Quote:
I'll have to search for the documentaries. They talk about it a little in Food Inc. They show a family going to the grocery store, and they can't afford produce. They interview them and the mom is saying it's too expensive. They show them buying a few items in the grocery store, then going through the drive through of McDonalds buying burgers, fries, and drinks from the dollar menu.

A bag of salad is $3.50, tomatoes are $3 a pound, and this is a family we're talking about, not a single person, so they'd need a couple tomatoes. Yes, they could buy a head of lettuce, but then they'd need carrots and all the other stuff that comes in the bags. Fries from the frozen section is $4 and would only last 2 days.

Then they have to go home, make it, and clean up the mess. For those who want a good link to watch the entire documentary, it's here.
Food Inc pt 1/6 - Channel: ConspiracyCentral on LiveVideo.com
Didn't you raise a child?

Do you not know that carrots don't naturally come in bags?

For ****'s sake, man.

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
113 - 03-02-2011, 12:39
if you stick to the aisles, grocery store is significantly cheaper than fast food

and don't give me this "but the healthy food isn't in the aisles" bull****, because we're lookin at fast food, which isn't comparable to produce and fresh meat

the perimeter is a different story, in large part due to how expensive produce is, however, a family probably spends $20 at a fast food joint and could easily have several meals' worth of food bought from the store for the same price

Mytzylplyx
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
114 - 03-02-2011, 12:39
I had Taco Bell last night. It was yummy.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
115 - 03-02-2011, 12:53
The Taco Bell near me is open for breakfast. I usually get the big beef breakfast burrito. It's beef, nacho cheese, scrambled eggs, re-fried beans, and salsa. So good. A couple of those and a large mountain dew and I'm ready for the day.

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
116 - 03-02-2011, 12:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by buize View Post
Taco bell is amazing food
this is coming from a doctor so you know it's legit

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
117 - 03-02-2011, 14:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wren View Post
It was in Food Inc., Part 3 in the middle. I knew it was there.
Food Inc pt 3/6 - Channel: ConspiracyCentral on LiveVideo.com

The family goes to burger king and buys burgers and 3 drinks for $11.48. Then they go shopping and can't buy produce, nor do they have time to cook. They work from early in the morning to night. Watch the video.

I have a friend who would do the same crap. He'd tell me he was going to the fast food place. I'd say why? He didn't have time to make anything, he didn't even want to go into the grocery store. He'd say this is cheap, fast, and I'm done.

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
118 - 03-02-2011, 14:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
The Taco Bell near me is open for breakfast. I usually get the big beef breakfast burrito. It's beef, nacho cheese, scrambled eggs, re-fried beans, and salsa. So good. A couple of those and a large mountain dew and I'm ready for the day.
omgomgomgomg

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
119 - 03-02-2011, 14:46
you can definitely eat dirt cheap if you eat off the dollar menu and **** but I mean, realistically, how much do you think a meal for one person should cost per serving? Let me just do some quick math on the food I'm going to eat during the week this week:

1 lb ground turkey $3
2 cans tomatoes $2
2 cans beans $1
various amounts chili seasoning $1
1 onion $.50
2 bags spinach $5
1 lb asparagus $2
1 head cauliflower $3
1 lb brown rice $1

So about $18. This is cooked Sunday and will last my girlfriend and I Monday thru Thursday with a little left over. It's about 9 servings so $2 a serving and has 1 entree eaten several times, with a spinach salad and a side of vegetables each night. Its a lot more filling than 2 dollar menu items.

Wren
VeteranXV
Old
120 - 03-02-2011, 15:00
Quote:
It was in Food Inc., Part 3 in the middle. I knew it was there.
Food Inc pt 3/6 - Channel: ConspiracyCentral on LiveVideo.com

The family goes to burger king and buys burgers and 3 drinks for $11.48. Then they go shopping and can't buy produce, nor do they have time to cook. They work from early in the morning to night. Watch the video.

I have a friend who would do the same crap. He'd tell me he was going to the fast food place. I'd say why? He didn't have time to make anything, he didn't even want to go into the grocery store. He'd say this is cheap, fast, and I'm done.
If you're that ****ing poor and don't care about eating ****ty

go to store

buy 2 boxes of generic pasta
buy 2 jars of pasta sauce

boom, family fed for 5 bucks in a total of 20 minutes

If people want fast food because that's what they WANT because it's easier for them, that's fine.

Don't ****ing say they HAVE to do it, because that makes you sound like a moron.

Page 6 of 11

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page I haven't eaten at Taco Bell since that story

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
crap filled vagaina