[PC] Valheim on Steam is a surprise hit

Im messing around with building now. How can you clip off 'extra' of an object? Like if you have a post that sticks out a little to far, can you some how just knock off the extra bit?

I think they always have small gaps. I've built stuff with posts that have gaps because its on weird terrain. I don't like using the hoe for flattening because vegetation will never grow there. I plan stuff so the gaps are the least noticeable from the angle I usually play at.

I really want to find the merchant. I'll hunt around for one those worlds to go to where its right outside the spawn. Ive seen videos mention them.

It's one of these dime a dozen games, there's a hundred every month. Bought it for the boys, these devs are going to cash in and run for the hills. The game is a total dud.

tbf absent theyre your wifes boys, we rly dont have any proof theyre actually urs

You can tile grass with the cultivator. Laying a bit of temp flooring helps find the grid and mark out wall/pole locations. Combat is different to minecraft. Viking theme is nice. With the boar I cull them from ~20 to ~4 occasionally. Long boat so much better than the raft. Carrot farm booming. Planting lots of carrots back in for more carrot seeds. Carrots feed the boars with a few berries or shrooms added. Building fortified outpost (from old stone tower) close to water near copper deposits for shelter and ore storage. Planning to ship ore back in long boat or cart. Will post some snaps. I only recently unlocked bronze. Haven't thought much about boss 2. It's a huge time sink and I have lots of time atm so I'm enjoying it.

It's a nice change. I been playing Battlefield 1 almost every night for an hour or two and was getting due for a break.

Whilst I've gone out to sea I've only found small islands within a few miles. Considering stripping naked, carrying just some food and sailing a dispensable long boat off to the edge of the world to see what landmasses I find.

Game is 2/3 price of minecraft and I find it much better. !st time I've ever paid for early access. They are well past 2 million buyers or something now.

After watching youtube videos where they map has been fully explored, there doesn't appear to be a big ocean...just little islands and apparently each one is a different biome

Last edited:
I was just out exploring in my boat, circumnavigating bits and pieces... every island I've come across so far (and there are quite a few, and they're pretty big) has been a mix of biomes. Got attacked and killed at sea though (including my boat), so I'm gonna have to build another now and go get my stuff back.

There are some nasties, and some very cool shit to see out there.

I'm still practising with my crude bow to level that skill up as I plan to take out Eikthyr with it and finally get what I need for that pickaxe. Found an abandoned farm near the spawn point, repaired and expanded the best house and built some fortifications around the area using workbenches to expand the reach of the hammer. Black forest is very close and so is a troll that I'd really like to take the hide off, but unsure on how to go about it. Need more feathers for fire arrows.

Shoot birds for feathers. You can kill a troll by retreating and using a bow. Do around many trees. Have lots of stamina.

I'm still practising with my crude bow to level that skill up as I plan to take out Eikthyr with it and finally get what I need for that pickaxe. Found an abandoned farm near the spawn point, repaired and expanded the best house and built some fortifications around the area using workbenches to expand the reach of the hammer. Black forest is very close and so is a troll that I'd really like to take the hide off, but unsure on how to go about it. Need more feathers for fire arrows.

After making little bases all over the island my main base is on a bay in Meadows just outside Black Forest. I should learn to swim at some stage.

I got to the merchant. He was right off the shore on an island. As soon as I purchased stuff a troll smashed my boat so now Im stuck. It will be fine. I found the 2nd swamp with the crypts anyway.

Back