[Official] Godzilla 2014 Starring Bryan Cranston, Aaron Johnson and Ken Watanabe. by Danno - Page 13 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] Godzilla 2014 Starring Bryan Cranston, Aaron Johnson and Ken Watanabe.
Page 13 of 13
1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
241 - 05-20-2014, 18:05
wat

Sponsored Links
--chaingun
VeteranXV
Old
242 - 05-21-2014, 11:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno View Post
WOah Woah Woah. Take it easy with GMK there bro. I think we can excuse that one from the cluste**** list. Everything else millennium sucked but I have to say GMK is a favorite of mine.

(see my desk)

also I LOVE it when the comments start flowing when I post my nerd collection cause it gives me a chuckle. "Fag, loser, nerdvirgin..."
Why are his eyes so yellow? As much as I think it's one of the most overrated Godzilla movies, I think the suit design with the menacing white eyes is pretty badass.

Danno
VeteranXX
Old
243 - 05-21-2014, 14:58
Like I said, it was a Chinese knock off before the X Plus version came out. They painted it to their likings instead of being movie accurate. This Godzilla has jaundice.

Federere
VeteranXX
Old
244 - 05-21-2014, 15:17
I love the chub rolls on his legs. They need to make a fuzzy version for 100 bucks or less.

h4rdluck
VeteranX
Old
245 - 05-26-2014, 01:49
Late to the boat, but just saw this with the wife. One of the few movies she actually showed interest in as we were both huge fans of the old b-rated Godzilla movies growing up.

****ing snore fest. The monster on monster action and monster on city action was great...all 5-10 ****ing minutes of it.

The rest of that movie was all worthless horse ****. Not Michael Bay level horse **** mind you but still horse ****. The wife and I strongly considered leaving halfway through. It got really annoying to finally see monsters fight and them immediately cut away to a bunch of losers no one cares about.

Danno
VeteranXX
Old
246 - 05-26-2014, 08:42
I'm hoping they correct that in the sequel and they ditch this Jaws wannabe ****.

burtrennalds
VeteranXV
Old
247 - 05-26-2014, 13:06
i know im a little late, but i;m goin to the 2 o clock showing, will report back with small review

burtrennalds
VeteranXV
Old
248 - 05-26-2014, 17:20
ok so im back

overall: meh...
kinda boring.

that is all

Federere
VeteranXX
Old
249 - 05-26-2014, 17:25
hhehe that's how I felt when I got back
BLEH

Danno
VeteranXX
Old
250 - 05-26-2014, 18:53
They shot themselves in the foot by not having a large monster centerpiece. If they did what most summer blockbusters do and had a much more filling battle they would of had a billion dollar movie easily. I was kind of hoping for a different director for the next two movies, yes two movies but it seems like we are stuck with Mr. Characters are important but only when properly executed and I don't know how to do that director.

I still liked it but it left be blue balled.

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
251 - 05-26-2014, 21:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4rdluck View Post
Late to the boat, but just saw this with the wife. One of the few movies she actually showed interest in as we were both huge fans of the old b-rated Godzilla movies growing up.

****ing snore fest. The monster on monster action and monster on city action was great...all 5-10 ****ing minutes of it.

The rest of that movie was all worthless horse ****. Not Michael Bay level horse **** mind you but still horse ****. The wife and I strongly considered leaving halfway through. It got really annoying to finally see monsters fight and them immediately cut away to a bunch of losers no one cares about.
I for one appreciated that they actually provided a story. I thought the movie was awesome.

I don't understand leaving halfway through movies, you're already ****ing there. I only get it if the movie is really ****ing bad. Even if you don't care for the story as much as I do, you're still nuts if you thought this movie was REALLY that bad

h4rdluck
VeteranX
Old
252 - 05-28-2014, 10:07
you appreciate they provided you with a crap story? one that omits the main character for 80% of the movie as well? and bores the hell out of you and leaves you feeling meh inside?

If they cut out the stupid son/soldier/bomb diffuser part including his wife and kid and reduced the movie to 90minutes and kept all the stupid scientific crap and bumped godzilla on screen action to at least half the movie this would have been sufficient.

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
253 - 05-28-2014, 10:28
Quote:
They shot themselves in the foot by not having a large monster centerpiece. If they did what most summer blockbusters do and had a much more filling battle they would of had a billion dollar movie easily. I was kind of hoping for a different director for the next two movies, yes two movies but it seems like we are stuck with Mr. Characters are important but only when properly executed and I don't know how to do that director.

in the majority of professional and non-professional reviews/critiques, there is agreement that the last 20 minutes counts as a "large monster centerpiece"

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
254 - 05-28-2014, 11:03
Quote:
If they did what most summer blockbusters do and had a much more filling battle they would of had a billion dollar movie easily
i have no idea what you're basing that on dude

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
255 - 05-28-2014, 12:03
Quote:

Which is ironic considering two of the supporting characters were just USELESS. #1 was the Jap scientist, he said "Godzilla" once in a funny way and he ripped 2 - 3 quotes from Jurassic Park. The entire rest of the time he's somewhere standing looking all thoughtful or forlorn into the distance. I mean isn't he a scientist? Shouldn't he be helping? And actually KNOW THINGS?

#2 was that ambiguous Euro woman with that Jap scientist. No idea what the **** was up with that, her accent was all over the place, sounded Russian but looked Norwegian and she did even less than the Jap scientist.

I dread to think next time if this is his vision for "important characters".

Danno
VeteranXX
Old
256 - 05-28-2014, 12:07
So they tried to push this amazing character driven movie and failed. Most Godzilla movies with a few exceptions blow at human characters anyways. So now that I know they can't achieve this it goes right back to basics with me which is a monster movie with epic smash time and Godzilla is the star. If they don't do that by the second film, this reboot is a bust, as much as I do like the first movie.

Special---K
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
257 - 06-01-2014, 01:55
saw this today

holy god was it ****ty
poorly directed and hardly any actual monsters in their giant ****ing monster movie

Danno
VeteranXX
Old
258 - 07-26-2014, 16:25
old bump. just fyi Legendary announced the line up for the next Godzilla movie that we probably won't see for another 4 years cause Edwards is directing a stand alone Star Wars movie.

Godzilla 2 will have...

I'll be shocked if they don't fulfill the complaints about there not being enough monster action. I probably won't make a thread about this for another 3 years. Bye bye.

1teaminlondon
VeteranX
Old
259 - 07-26-2014, 18:39
isn't it pretty logical edwards wont direct the next one

Danno
VeteranXX
Old
260 - 07-26-2014, 19:16
No, it was confirmed today he will be directing it.

However I think some of the complaints about the giant monster parts leaving people unfulfilled might of been payed attention to.

Regardless of what Edwards wants, the studios pay attention to the complaints and know they lost serious money on the movie due to word of mouth. Movie had a very large opening but barely made it past $500,000,000 world wide. If they had more monster action it might of pulled $700.

Page 13 of 13

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] Godzilla 2014 Starring Bryan Cranston, Aaron Johnson and Ken Watanabe.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
aids , danno is loser , godzilla , mothra