The state of T1.

if you're going to let everyone play..why not just pub? its called a pickup for a reason. the fat kids don't get picked in basketball and the rusty/shitty players don't get picked in tribes.

LT is meant for 5-6 players per team imo. The more players you get..the more spam/cg you have running around the map.

The best way to learn how to play is 5v5. you have way more pressure to preform and you can't get away with sitting out OOB on a route camp. You have to always be in position to make an impact on the game. if ONE player is running long routes and not helping his offense out in standoffs scenarios..he completely drags the team down with his play.

I Understand the reasoning, just think it is helping your tiny handfull of players to keep dwindling while simultaneously erasing any chance of new players (or rusty old returning vets) from "playing with the big boys" or having a chance to participate, leading them to quit or re-quit.

i think the answer here is for vets to stop being pussys

if i am rusty and not getting picked i pub till am decent and then outperform someone that is getting picked

that's the nature of competition and that's what makes the game fun for a lot of us

Lt players are good, I remember a team with a bunch of lt players dominated vets in the throwback tourney and it was base.

if they were all on the same team TKing for the flag, they were playing 'smear the queer' or whatever it's called. that was a pretty fun game, as long as people didn't chain-whore

but if they were just flag-passing, then that gets boring

Hehehe... Smear the queer sounds alot like that rabbit mod or something.. Sounds like fun. But that's not what they were doing. They were on 2 teams, 1 team doing offense, the other doing defence. Apparently, offence involved stealing the enemy flag, but never finalizing the capture. Just holding onto it for as long as possible. And defence involved body blocking the flag, and chasing the flag carrier if that failed, but not actually returning the flag to their base if they did manage to kill the flag carrier.

While the map was from the LT map pack, the mod was Annihilation, so you spawn in Warrior (medium) armor with an energy pack, 5 beacon boosters, plasma gun, disc launcher, and a shotgun which you weren't allowed to use (whoring apparently, probably the same as chaingun whoring as you said).

Of course, despite inviting me to see what LT/pickup/spawn only was all about, nobody explained any of these rules to me.

So I spawned, saw that someone had my flag, and rushed to take theirs to prevent them from completing the capture. No one was there, so it was easy, but once I picked it up they started voting to kick me. I asked why and they said cause I got the flag. This baffled me. Then, I saw the guy with my flag, who had a sliver of health left, and probably would have died if he landed wrong, so I shot him with my shotgun. They called me a whore, which I thought was just a responce to getting killed. Then I returned the flag and they voted to kick me again. I asked why, but they were done explaining at that point and just wanted me out.

The part I find humorous in hind sight is that I had admin on that server, so if they wanted to get me to stop, voting to kick wasn't going to do the trick. They had to explain the rules to me, which apparently they never do for anyone. They just vote to kick everyone instead. I didn't think that was fair, so I disabled voting all together and told them that if they want people to play by their rules, they need to write down their rules and explain them to people instead of trying to kick everyone.

Now I know how to play LT, and even enjoy it sometimes. Though I still prefer CTF with invos.

that's where i learned + obsing decent people and watching demos

honestly ru that much of a fag that u need to be spoon fed how to play a 10 year old game?

there are more than enough demos here to figure out how to play a position of your choice

Index of /Demos

i think the answer here is for vets to stop being pussys

if i am rusty and not getting picked i pub till am decent and then outperform someone that is getting picked

that's the nature of competition and that's what makes the game fun for a lot of us

How much motivation do you think is out there to accomplish this? :D

i think it takes more energy and stress to constantly bitch and whine about a game than it does to get good at t1

y even play if u r raging?

So I spawned, saw that someone had my flag, and rushed to take theirs to prevent them from completing the capture. No one was there, so it was easy, but once I picked it up they started voting to kick me.
i guess they were playing o vs. d, where one side caps and one defends. i usually found that pretty boring. it's been years since i've played t1 though

We actually have had a few "new" players start playing with us. Not new to the game but new to 5v5 PU's. Those guys kept their mouth's shut and waited for their chance to play. They didn't join the server and start talking about how awesome they once were at tribes or how we are a bunch of assholes because we don't pick them. A lot of these players will actually watch the games they don't get to play in..instead of just bitching the whole time. If you actually sit down and watch the game, you might be able to learn a few things which will prepare you for the time when you get your shot to play.

All you have to do is ask a few players for some tips and maybe watch a few demos of good players...eventually you might become decent and will start getting picked more and more. Don't join the game and claim to know how to play and then just suck. Nobody likes a newb with a massive ego.

We actually have had a few "new" players start playing with us. Not new to the game but new to 5v5 PU's. Those guys kept their mouth's shut and waited for their chance to play. They didn't join the server and start talking about how awesome they once were at tribes or how we are a bunch of assholes because we don't pick them. A lot of these players will actually watch the games they don't get to play in..instead of just bitching the whole time. If you actually sit down and watch the game, you might be able to learn a few things which will prepare you for the time when you get your shot to play.

All you have to do is ask a few players for some tips and maybe watch a few demos of good players...eventually you might become decent and will start getting picked more and more. Don't join the game and claim to know how to play and then just suck. Nobody likes a newb with a massive ego.

who are you, and who do you play as?

I ask, because from the best I can tell, the new players all have 19 different nicknames that they rotate through.

i think it takes more energy and stress to constantly bitch and whine about a game than it does to get good at t1

y even play if u r raging?

That is just how some people are. Why bother trying to change them? Let them be them and you be you. Life goes on. Lalalala.

usually the only people who whine here are either :

a. never good enough to get picked, and never will be because they dont understand the concept of a position

b. think they are oldschool elite and better than everyone, in fact they blow nowaday

the game has changed, get used to it

it has changed

whether or not its changed for the better is in the eye of the beholder

personally, the spam and raging egos piss me off to no end

Back