Ulduar

One of our Tanks is a DK, he casts DnD where the Boss will pat into it, all tanks are out of LoS. Cats come up stairs, tanks start taunting. We have one tank sit in the raid, who are all tucked balls deep in the corner to minimize clusterfuck when she fears, burn all the extra cats, ignore Defender, AoE Swarms, collect loot.

New fancy orange weapon leaked accidentally:

valanyrstats.jpg

The proc will probably be amazing, to say the least.

You guys are making that fight complicated. Have a hunter put a trap down where they are patrolling. When the boss+cats come to the raid, have the tanks taunt the cats apart to separate corners. Collect loot.

You guys are making that fight complicated. Have a hunter put a trap down where they are patrolling. When the boss+cats come to the raid, have the tanks taunt the cats apart to separate corners. Collect loot.

Different things work perfectly for different guilds.

Different things work perfectly for different guilds.

I have a lot of respect for <The Core> and Smaq, but considering what he has said about his hunter basically sacrificing him/herself and needing to soulstone, I'll go ahead and assume that my suggestion is helpful.

Sure, there are many different ways to down a boss in many different guilds. Why kill with 24 people when you can do with 25?

We're here to discuss Ulduar amongst twers and strats/impressions in it. Lose the needlessly defensive attitude, broseph.

That *IS* a DPS version, look at the fucking stats. Little use for the proc for dps, but otherwise that mace is amazing.
Legendaries don't have any more item budget than epics of the same iLvl, so the only difference is the proc. I'm sure there will be a hardmode DPS weapon with very similar stats and sans proc.

Legendaries don't have any more item budget than epics of the same iLvl, so the only difference is the proc. I'm sure there will be a hardmode DPS weapon with very similar stats and sans proc.

I agree with this. Not every weapon/armor/etc has been discovered.

we just have a hunter shoot and run around a corner. no need for md's or anything. everyone just taunts their stuff as they run up the stairs. works fine

Exactly, good point.

Orange items have always been based off the proc, obviously.

Sulfuras - fireballs
Thunderfury - ridiculous proc
Atiesh - auras
Glaives - haste proc
Thoridal - magical arrows?

I have a lot of respect for <The Core> and Smaq, but considering what he has said about his hunter basically sacrificing him/herself and needing to soulstone, I'll go ahead and assume that my suggestion is helpful.

Sure, there are many different ways to down a boss in many different guilds. Why kill with 24 people when you can do with 25?

We're here to discuss Ulduar amongst twers and strats/impressions in it. Lose the needlessly defensive attitude, broseph.
We don't necessarily sacrifice the hunter, he's simply soulstoned so if something goes bad on the pull he's back up and able to DPS. We probably pull the same way you do, SS is just a good crutch to fall back on. Two weeks in and he died almost every attempt week 1 but this week was a 1shot (I don't remember wiping to it, at least) and the hunters didn't die.

The attitude was not defensive 'bro?'

I don't think the suggestion was disregarded either.

And you kill with 24 because you don't need 25 ;)

For Auriaya, we have two of the cats get distracted while she walks away with the remaining two.

Once there's a big enough distance between them we pull the distracted pair while the remaining tanks get ready to grab her and the final two cats :shrug:

The attitude was not defensive 'bro?'

I don't think the suggestion was disregarded either.

And you kill with 24 because you don't need 25 ;)

Difference between a good player/guild and a casual is maximizing the potential. Just because you can do it a certain way doesn't mean its the best way.

Just to follow up for Auriaya:

We ended up using a shadow priest to dispersion pull (I think with shields and PS and stuff, too) and it works like a CHARM. Even in a not-super-pro guild like mine we're able to use this method and get the pull down with 100% consistency and nobody dying each time (not even the priest). And it absorbs the 4 pounces no problem, so it's really easy for the tanks to pick up their adds.

Just wanted to throw this out there in case you guys haven't tried it yet. I'd strongly recommend it. Seems really solid.

Back