[Tich/Horde]The Core - Recruiting healers

Yeah, so check this out.

Last night, Naxx10. Took me an hour to put the raid together because of lazy fuckers in my guild. This was supposed to be our attempt at an early/alt run. We managed 4 DPS, a tank, and 2 healers from the guild. I brought in friends for OT and a 3rd healer, then pugged a DPS from LFG.

This was the first time in Naxx for a few people.

We wiped once on Anub'rekhan, then downed him easily. Then we proceeded to wipe 3 times on Widow because our DPS was so low, and one of the guild healers was putting out ridiculous bad HPS and even wanding part of the time. We downed her the 4th time but we had to use all 4 of the adds to clear the enrage.

We wiped 3 times on Maexxna at the enrage because my healers couldn't keep the T7 equipped MT up. I called the raid after that because 4 people had to leave.

We had been in the instance more than 2.5 hours.

Our pug DPS carried the raid, squeezing out about 2400 DPS through the whole run (Takeesis, Burning Legion guild -- the guy is a SAINT). I managed to come in 2nd with an amazing 1389 DPS. Our DPS DK was close behind with about 1340. My 2 rogues both barely managed to break 1100, squeeking by the tanks at just over 1K each.

Here's my armory for the lulz:
The World of Warcraft Armory

I have never facepalmed so hard in my life. :picard:

I'm pretty sure I did more dps in kara in t4

dude how long have you been 80, and don't you play quite a lot?

I stopped raiding in mid december (so about 4 weeks of woltk raids) and when I quit I had almost best in slot for everything The World of Warcraft Armory

why do you put yourself through torture like that

My Mage has only been 80 for 2 weeks. I leveled my Hunter first to scout the quests and instances. The Mage is technically my "main" so I'm working on him now.

I play a few hours Tues-Thurs, and some on Sat-Sun when I can -- weekends are the rare opportunity to do something with my guild's core raiding group.

I won't try to make excuses. My DPS was awful in that run. I am not hit capped and it's seriously hurting my damage output.

if your hit cap is low then it would probably be wise to pick up elemental precision, I'm kinda out of the loop on mage specs so I have no idea if your current one is good or not but your spec should always compliment your gear level

your guilds problem probably isn't gear as much as the actual game mechanics

18 stam on your shoulders, come on bro, at least get the bc enchant

57/3/11 is the flavor of the week Arcane spec.

Edit: lol @ Data's Meta and the aforementioned shoulder and boot enchants.

Last edited:
My autoattacks with raidbuffs and poisons on are like 2200 DPS. I have no idea how anyone actually at their keyboard can do 1100 DPS.

In his defense, mages can't auto attack, so hah.

It is your players data. Understanding game mechanics is the most important part.

We had officer/vet 10 man runs for those that first hit 80 - they were the more hardcore ones.

We cleared 3 wings, razuv, and gothikk in our first night after our tanks got def. capped. That was the first time in Naxx for many of us. I think I may have been the exception since I raided with TC. The place is so easy you barely need the gear, just people that know what they're doing. The T7 tank was probably going down on Maexx due to no dispels of poisons. Most healers fucking blow and just look at health bar, hits a heal they like at the moment.

Last edited:
if your hit cap is low then it would probably be wise to pick up elemental precision, I'm kinda out of the loop on mage specs so I have no idea if your current one is good or not but your spec should always compliment your gear level

your guilds problem probably isn't gear as much as the actual game mechanics

18 stam on your shoulders, come on bro, at least get the bc enchant

Fel Armaments are going for 100g each on my server. I'm not spending that kind of money on quest blues.

I've got 2 scrolls of Icewalker in the bank. I'd use them but in case you haven't noticed, I'm still sporting my level 70 Boots of Blasting...

:picard:

I know how to gem/enchant. I have the resources (including a JC/chanter alt) but I won't waste them if I can avoid it.

Data you could be doing more dps even with the gear you have, here is a webstats from Feb 1, I hit 80 on Critstain on Jan 24, it is a alt so it wasn't like I was focused on playing it, I was in pretty much all blues for this alt run. The World of Warcraft Armory

Wow Web Stats

I think all I got that run was rings, some ok pants and a ok neck piece. On patchwork I did 2476 dps that was with no SP or ret paly, I had serious mana issues and was learning how to adjust the rotation to compensate for that.

With the arcane build when I first hit 80 and was in all blues and greens I could get around 2k dps as arcane. The thing to remember when gearing with arcane is don't worry about crit, with arcane spellpower>haste>crit after you are hit capped. I was using green trinkets over the blue crit trinkets that you were using because they were spell power.

This is pretty much all you need to know about playing arcane mages ArcaneMage - StratFu

Key thing about playing arcane is when the fight finishes and you have used a mana pot, mana gem and evocate are on on cooldown you did it right, I save Icy veins on any fight that I might take some damage to use with evocate. On a fight like sarth where you take constant damage time the evocate to use it during iceblock.

Data you could be doing more dps even with the gear you have, here is a webstats from Feb 1, I hit 80 on Critstain on Jan 24, it is a alt so it wasn't like I was focused on playing it, I was in pretty much all blues for this alt run. The World of Warcraft Armory

Wow Web Stats

I think all I got that run was rings, some ok pants and a ok neck piece. On patchwork I did 2476 dps that was with no SP or ret paly, I had serious mana issues and was learning how to adjust the rotation to compensate for that.

With the arcane build when I first hit 80 and was in all blues and greens I could get around 2k dps as arcane. The thing to remember when gearing with arcane is don't worry about crit, with arcane spellpower>haste>crit after you are hit capped. I was using green trinkets over the blue crit trinkets that you were using because they were spell power.

This is pretty much all you need to know about playing arcane mages ArcaneMage - StratFu

Key thing about playing arcane is when the fight finishes and you have used a mana pot, mana gem and evocate are on on cooldown you did it right, I save Icy veins on any fight that I might take some damage to use with evocate. On a fight like sarth where you take constant damage time the evocate to use it during iceblock.

Seems like I'm using ABarr more than you. What is your rotation?

Back