[Tich/Horde]The Core - Recruiting healers

I didn't say they were a problem.

I said they weren't "laid back".
There is a difference in being a casual good/exceptional guild and a casual mediocre/underperforming guild. The difference is that the raiders take the time to make the fairly light commitment of logging in for raid nights and gemming/enchanting properly.

The idea of stringent apps just helps prevent people who would not make the effort from even getting their foot inside the door. If you just open your eyes in raids you can see the people who actually put in the effort and those that tag along for the epics.

I've seen it plenty from my own guildmates.

Like the Mage last night who managed to do 870 dps through an entire (H)HOL run.

And I'm facing the very real possibility of having him in my Naxx10 run tonight.

:picard:

Like the Mage last night who managed to do 870 dps through an entire (H)HOL run.

And I'm facing the very real possibility of having him in my Naxx10 run tonight.

That's not even gemming or enchanting.

That's straight up "don't know your class."

He probably hit 80 using only 1-2 spells and wondered why he has to drink and eat every 2 kills.

He's better geared than I am, I suspect because my GM has been carrying him through raid content for the past few weeks. But nobody has bothered to show him how to play.

So would you agree Data that by having an involved and detailed application it would help prevent having people like that mage even get past that process?

in StK doing 800 dps would put you at the top of the heap.

a guy in my guild went to naxx25 wielding gorehound. He topped out at around 800dps.

he scooped a couple pieces (some nice plate shoulders I wanted)

I didn't really get upset about it though, we run it often enough and we were able to carry him np. The guild/raid leader did give him shit for signing up though.

a guy in my guild went to naxx25 wielding gorehound. He topped out at around 800dps.

he scooped a couple pieces (some nice plate shoulders I wanted)

I didn't really get upset about it though, we run it often enough and we were able to carry him np. The guild/raid leader did give him shit for signing up though.
There are several quest rewards that are an upgrade over Gore, how does it make you feel that your cool casual guild is populated by terribads?

There are several quest rewards that are an upgrade over Gore, how does it make you feel that your cool casual guild is populated by terribads?

Falhawk said:

Anyhow its just sort of amusing how the guild Nat runs has become so intense after starting from remnants of SP dudes.
They really don't have much of SP left in them, for awhile they had a few of us who stayed after the initial few months of WoW, I think Smaq and Dimio are the only ones I would still know.

SP was always defined by our lack of authority/rules and love of griefing. I left WoW originally because the game was not built for our playstile (no honor system, BGs etc.) I think a lot of our defining members felt the same way.

a$e just trolls here and enjoys showing his sig off.

truth

"casuals" always make me lol a little bit, the fact that in bc my guild was farming illidian and archi in 1.5 nights for months, while the "casuals" were playing much much more and blaming their shitty performance on the fact they weren't "hardcore"

I readily admit my guild sucks (at content). I've been searching for a new one for 3 weeks.

And there are examples of even worse guilds on my server: Chaotic Knights, Pick Up Group... off the top of my head.

Rexxar has maybe 5 strong Alliance guilds and the rest are awful.

Back