Just finished reading The Watchmen

I'm extremely hesitant of the movie. I hope they actually respect the fucking comic book and follow it exactly.

it is an affirmative defense that it was justifiable under the law. i was doing it to protect the lives of any else who may come to see it.

I would have watched it (I am Legend) if the theatrical release had the alt. ending. After the butchery, I couldn't bring myself to watch it except for that alt. ending (which I thought was very good and would have made the movie decent if nothing else).

The ending is a little bit hasty in the watchmen, and always irratated me a little bit. Not b/c I didn't agree with the choice, but rather b/c it comes off a little unrealistic and hasty relative to the rest of the graphic novel.

I actually found Watchmen to be somewhat slow in the middle. I mean it was good, but not hall of fame worthy like everyone seems to think :eek:

so Im reading it right now, they just got to antarctica and I see this

It is impossible to pack more awesome in a single picture
snowowljz5.jpg

The ending is a little bit hasty in the watchmen, and always irratated me a little bit. Not b/c I didn't agree with the choice, but rather b/c it comes off a little unrealistic and hasty relative to the rest of the graphic novel.

There were clues on every page from the beginning of the book hinting at what would happen in the end. Read it again.

there were nuggets that you eventually realize explain how it would happen, but the what seems completely random and seperate from the tone of the rest of the series

edit: I tried reading a Watchman thread on SA figuring that there would be a lot of cool information with such an impressive quorum of nerds assembled. Someone knocked the meta-comic that shows up in every chapter or 2 and the rest of the thread was 'you didn't get, man.'

Last edited:
Back