Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page rogue spec
Page 1 of 2
-Masqu3-
VeteranX
Old
1 - 01-31-2008, 00:33
just looking for a nice dps spec for rogue, im all subtly right now but it doesnt feel as though i do enough dps

btw, im in the 40s, nothing special

Sponsored Links
Nail Bomb
Banned
Contributor
Old
2 - 01-31-2008, 00:39
combat for leveling.

|Blitzkrieg|
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 01-31-2008, 01:53
From RogueSpot.com

Combat Swords Leveling Build

Quote:
Here’s the order that you should take them:

1/2 Improved Sinister Strike – level 10

2/2 Improved Sinister Strike – level 11

1/5 Lightning Reflexes – level 12

2/5 Lightning Reflexes – level 13

3/5 Lightning Reflexes – level 14

4/5 Lightning Reflexes – level 15

5/5 Lightning Reflexes – level 16

1/5 Precision – level 17

2/5 Precision – level 18

3/5 Precision – level 19

4/5 Precision – level 20

5/5 Precision – level 21

1/5 Deflection – level 22

2/5 Deflection – level 23

3/5 Deflection – level 24

1/5 Dual Wield Specialization – level 25

2/5 Dual Wield Specialization – level 26

3/5 Dual Wield Specialization – level 27

4/5 Dual Wield Specialization – level 28

5/5 Dual Wield Specialization – level 29

1/1 Blade Flurry – level 30

1/5 Sword Specialization – level 31

2/5 Sword Specialization – level 32

3/5 Sword Specialization – level 33

4/5 Sword Specialization – level 34

5/5 Sword Specialization – level 35

1/3 Aggression – level 36

2/3 Aggression – level 37

3/3 Aggression – level 38

1/2 Endurance – level 39

1/1 Adrenaline Rush – level 40

1/2 Vitality – level 41

2/2 Vitality – level 42

4/5 Deflection – level 43

2/2 Endurance – level 44

1/5 Combat Potency – level 45

2/5 Combat Potency – level 46

3/5 Combat Potency – level 47

4/5 Combat Potency – level 48

5/5 Combat Potency – level 49

1/1 Surprise Attacks – level 50

1/3 Improved Eviscerate – level 51

2/3 Improved Eviscerate – level 52

3/3 Improved Eviscerate – level 53

1/5 Malice – level 54

2/5 Malice – level 55

3/5 Malice – level 56

4/5 Malice – level 57

5/5 Malice – level 58

1/2 Murder – level 59

2/2 Murder – level 60

1/5 Lethality – level 61

2/5 Lethality – level 62

3/5 Lethality – level 63

4/5 Lethality – level 64

5/5 Lethality – level 65

1/1 Relentless Strikes level 66

1/3 Ruthlessness – level 67

2/3 Ruthlessness – level 68

3/3 Ruthlessness – level 69

1/5 Improved Poisons – level 70

ShOrTy BoI
Veteran++
Old
4 - 01-31-2008, 02:05
yeah its decent for lvling but die quick in pvp, U can go hemo and put the rest in assassnation for crit

Nail Bomb
Banned
Contributor
Old
5 - 01-31-2008, 02:19
if you know what you are doing combat is very very strong in pvp (arena) but i am not sure with how shadow step is the way it is now.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
6 - 01-31-2008, 02:48
PM Pessi, pretend to be ignorant and willing to learn and he may not act like a total ******* about it. He seems to be the rogue Source around here. I kept my thumb o the rogue pulse for a while having a 70 Mut-build that hasn't been played in a while. I keep hearing Combat is more or less the way to go for leveling and PvP/PvE (if done right) but there are some who still do Assass and Sub. I guess I'm just waiting for something to come along to beat out Combat, I did it for a bit and I felt more like a leather-wearing Fury warrior with a reverse rage bar.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
7 - 01-31-2008, 08:10
I leveled as combat; for just pure non-stop killing it is simply the best. Pre 60 as long as you have a big 1h sword (you should be looking to get your thrash blade mid 40s) and adren rush you should be able to steamroll anyone in your BG brackets. Here's roughly what I would use:

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

This gives you tonnes of power and versatility to disarm mobs, nuke multiple mobs easily, and to continue with nonstop killing. In my 40s I would pop evasion, blade flurry and adren rush and kill 4 mobs at once. Use your cooldowns as much as possible, don't hold on to them as saving throws. Start by filling out the combat tree to AR, and then fill the Ass. tree. After 50 I would continue to make my way to Cold Blood (personally) simply because I like the pre-endgame burst, picking up imp. evis as well.

Honestly Blade Flurry + Adren Rush are the best talents possible to level, there simply is no other choice. You could level as Hemo just fine, but if you want to solo almost every quest, go combat.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
8 - 01-31-2008, 12:42
That reminds me, I haven't heard anything since they changed the Disarm rules in PvP. Are people actually giving up their enchants to be disarm-immune or are they too valuable and just take teh 50% reduction talent?

SniperOmega
VeteranXX
Old
9 - 01-31-2008, 18:47
combat. i suggest swords for the quest rewards.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
10 - 01-31-2008, 19:52
I had a lot of fun doing Mut from 60 - 70, but **** all if you had to kill **** that was immune to poison. That tanks your DPS stupidly, but when ganking/attacking other players it was pretty fun. I have found the burst damage can scare some players too, did that to a Combat rogue and he gouged/ran/vanished before I could get in a finishing move. But to be fair I don't think he was used to PvPing too much. Besides I love it when people run away from me, that's usually when I save Cold Blood so I can pop a double Mut crit. Which can actually hurt pretty badly if you have good knives.

Beezlebub
VeteranXV
Old
11 - 02-01-2008, 22:16
hate to jump on the bandwagon but yeah combat swords are awesome. at 70 as a combat rogue i have yet to be outdamaged even by other rogues (dagger, subt. build came closest but by end of dungeon still down by over 100 k damage).

DistortedRiff
VeteranX
Old
12 - 02-02-2008, 11:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezlebub View Post
hate to jump on the bandwagon but yeah combat swords are awesome..
It's not a bandwagon, it's just the unfortunate truth.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
13 - 02-02-2008, 12:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedRiff View Post
It's not a bandwagon, it's just the unfortunate truth.
Pretty much, all the 61 - 70 rogues I see in outlands are Combat. The only deviation they have is some are swords and some are maces. The maces are usually the babysitters who are DW'ing S1 maces though. It's usually 41 - 51 in Combat, and the rest smattered around Assassination. Either they focus on +crit and +dmg with the remaining points or they jump defensive and grab +dodge and +parry.

I'm hoping for the day (if it comes) where Sub or Assass will finally be more viable and there'll be a choice instead of Combat. Given how rogues are now though I doubt it'll happen. Knives are for fun and kids, and if you want to really do **** you take swords and maces and be a mini-Fury warrior.

Outlaw.
VeteranX
Old
14 - 02-03-2008, 11:59
yep, combat swords for leveling is definitely best. pvp specs are up to your own play style though. i'm going to give mutilate a shot at 59 in the BG's just to compare it to sub. i've been out of the game for awhile and don't have experience with mutilate yet.

GeneralHell
VeteranXV
Old
15 - 02-03-2008, 16:00
I've been mutilate for a while now but I'm gonna try sub. I've really liked mutilate but I guess I HAVE to switch in order to advance in arena from what I've read... meh. Sucks when you're kinda forced to go 'the' way and not 'your' way

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 02-29-2008, 16:30
I'm bumping this rather than making a new thread. I sum up.

I'm winging back around to my 70 alliance rogue, she's still in quest blues and a pair of Ced's Carvers. So I'm gonna start the grind for S1/Vind. My question is as a rogue should I opt to get the weapons first? And if I choose to continue Combat Daggers (I specced that because of the knives) or Sub should would the carvers be enough to hold out on getting some armor first?

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
17 - 02-29-2008, 16:38
You'd probably be better off grinding to the honor cap 75k, and buying S1 pieces from there and grinding up to 75 again. With the new patch coming soon (S2 for honor).

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
18 - 02-29-2008, 16:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
You'd probably be better off grinding to the honor cap 75k, and buying S1 pieces from there and grinding up to 75 again. With the new patch coming soon (S2 for honor).
They've moving S2 gear to Honor in 2.4? I didn't hear that, but if that is the cae don't they have a theoretical S4 to replace S2 in the arena vendor?

AdreNaLiNe
VeteranXX
Old
19 - 02-29-2008, 17:11
I never had a problem talking or asking IPPON about anything. In fact, we used to flame people together on the rogue boards. I didn't even know it was pessi at the time.

GeneralHell
VeteranXV
Old
20 - 02-29-2008, 17:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
They've moving S2 gear to Honor in 2.4? I didn't hear that, but if that is the cae don't they have a theoretical S4 to replace S2 in the arena vendor?
He is assuming that S4 is starting along with the patch... No one really knows yet. Blue said they would announce S4 at least a month ahead of the start to allow people to hoard points etc.

I'd say get the Vindicator gear first. If S4 starts soon you'd be better off spending your honor on vind gear and having it slightly out-classed in S4 by new non-set pvp epics than to be in S1 when you could have had S2.

Page 1 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page rogue spec

Social Website Bullshit