Tribes : Ascend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hold no reservations about this game as my heart won't withstand another breaking. I do hope it's great though. It's about time a game surpasses t1 which is obviously the ideal, but I think I'm more likely to get my un titi twisted by a Jawa

The reason T:V was a complete disaster is because Irrational tried to please the vocal minority who wanted T1 with better graphics, the T2 fans who wanted a worthy successor, and the general gaming public who've never fancied Tribes at all.

But T:V was not Tribes 1 with better graphics. They did not give fans what they wanted.

From the get go, T:V was supposed to be a singleplayer Tribes game that would bring new players to the Tribes franchise. That strategy was doomed because none of the Tribes players wanted anything more than just a multiplayer Tribes game. Still, lot of resources went to the singleplayer portion of the game.

The biggest flaw in T:V was the Unreal Engine that was in many ways inferior to Torque engine. How could T:V succeed if a map like Snowblind was virtually impossible re-create in T:V?

I have reservations about a game being released before the game they actually planned on releasing...with less than one year of development to boot.

Are there even many mod friendly games out these days? It seems like the glory days of Tribes/UT style modding are over

But T:V was not Tribes 1 with better graphics. They did not give fans what they wanted.
Did you only read one part of my sentence or something? I said they tried to please the T1-with-better-graphics-wanting people and the people who wanted a vastly different T2-like experience. This clearly cannot happen.

Are there even many mod friendly games out these days? It seems like the glory days of Tribes/UT style modding are over

Just HL2 really. (Adroit he means games with total conversions available). SC2, the L4D engine, those are all I can think of.

how the fuck are they gonna do skiing on a console

now im not a pc bigot when it comes to fps's on consoles... in fact i loved halo2 and the controller didn't detract one bit

but with skiing you definitely need to have a kb/mouse... the controller isn't designed for holding down buttons for long periods of time while pressing other ones

now im not a pc bigot when it comes to fps's on consoles... in fact i loved halo2 and the controller didn't detract one bit

but with skiing you definitely need to have a kb/mouse... the controller isn't designed for holding down buttons for long periods of time while pressing other ones

There'll be no holding shit down.. tap tap tap tap tap

Oh, they'll find a way. Which will sucks balls and fuck over the mechanics/physics of the PC port.

left trigger shoot, right trigger skii, left shoulder jet up. There are several things you need to be able to do at all times, but there aren't a ton of things that need to be done other then that. Use pack or repair kit would the the other shoulder, and you can use the thumbstick push in buttons for change weapons or such.

I'm not particularly optimistic about T:A, particularly with the console part, but it is technically feasible for it to work, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back