[Bible and evolution] It's not a hard concept at all guys, really. by hyung - Page 5 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Bible and evolution] It's not a hard concept at all guys, really.
Page 5 of 5
-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranXV
Old
81 - 07-05-2008, 20:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Who said anything about the same amount of species? It's estimated that there are about 15,000 species of mammals right now. Do you really think that number went from even a few hundred to fifteen thousand in that span of time? If that were true we'd be able to see both micro and macroevolution on much larger scales than we do currently.
a bit of an oxymoron there.

I still have not seen if op believes that the world is a few thousand years old.
If he does, then i don't need to debate this any further.
If he doesn't, then there is hope.

Sponsored Links
Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
82 - 07-05-2008, 20:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=TTC=-Serpreme View Post
a bit of an oxymoron there.

I still have not seen if op believes that the world is a few thousand years old.
If he does, then i don't need to debate this any further.
If he doesn't, then there is hope.
Er, yeah, I realized that as I read it again. What I meant was that we'd see obvious signs of it taking place more often.

-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranXV
Old
83 - 07-05-2008, 20:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
everything started from single celled organisms. we have quite a bit of species now, i remember something about a huge extinction event (not the comet 65m years ago) that wiped out like 90% of the earths species, im not sure if there was more or less species now or then

humans are a pretty good superpredator
Probable to good. But we have not been around that long.
And its still possible some bacteria could come around that kills us all in a year.

The real test of time will be in 100,000 years to see where we are at. If were still killing stuff, then damn we are superior.

I could relate in my head that us nuking ourselves to death is a lot like a new species of tiger that develops some super senses. Its so effective at killing that it kills all its food, and then dies out as a result.

-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranXV
Old
84 - 07-05-2008, 20:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Er, yeah, I realized that as I read it again. What I meant was that we'd see obvious signs of it taking place more often.
I've just got done with the Blind Watchmaker, so i figured i should raz ya a little

Sojourn
VeteranX
Old
85 - 07-05-2008, 20:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=TTC=-Serpreme View Post
I've just got done with the Blind Watchmaker, so i figured i should raz ya a little
Hah, that's cool. I deserved it with that little slip of the, er... finger?

Johnny
VeteranX
Old
86 - 07-06-2008, 03:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingbunny View Post
Science and religion can't go hand in hand (except Scientology, which we all know is certified true b/c Tom Cruise and John Travolta are apart of it). I'm sorry.
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind" -Albert Einstein

Johnny
VeteranX
Old
87 - 07-06-2008, 04:08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastlobo View Post
Not to be an ass, but didn't they find remains of a 400 foot boat 13,000 feet up, above sea level, on the side of Mt. Ararat in Iran, back in 2006. I wonder how that got up there?
This is why many intelligent people pass the entire bible off as mere children's fables, this noah's ark nonsense in particular. There is NO, repeat NO, evidence for a world wide flood 7000 years ago. If all animals, 2 x 2, left the ark, why are kangaroos found only in australia? And yet in the tale itself is found the small grain of truth of survival at sea : and the water prevailed upward 15 cubits(the height of noah's fruit trees-22 feet). The storm surge of a hurricane is just that, 20 ft......Thus, the true story : noah was a farmer/orchard type living in the Indus River region(today's Pakistan). He, his father, grandfather, had been flooded out before, the Indus River, unlike the Nile, floods irregularly. So he built a 3 layer LOG RAFT with goat skin tent on the high point of his land, 4.5 ft high, 8 ft wide, 45 ft long. Along comes a cat 4 or 5 hurricane(cyclone in them parts)with its FOUR days of rain and storm surge. Remember, this is 7000 years ago = different polar jet stream. Jews always play with decimals : 4 days become 40 days of rain......So all the critters head for the raft(dogs, cats, sheep, goats, snakes, doves....)as the water rises. It gets washed out to sea where, from his limited perspective, the earth is covered with water. The CCW gyre in the gulf of arabia eventually washes the raft back onto an outer sand bar and they have to wait for low tide to wade to the true shore. He goes back to life as before, most of the neighborhood having been wahed away in the CAMILLE hurricane.....Seven generations go by and his illiterate descendents are sitting around a campfire in iraq high on the local brew, where everyone is a GOD or son of GOD, macho myths abound. So, in telling fish stories this old family story gets jazzed up a bit. Survival at sea doesn't sound too impressive so the raft lands on top of Mt Ararat, if they had known about Mt Everest it would have landed there......Bump up dimensions by a decimal place. Bump up 4 days of rain to 40 days. The dove incident. A few surviving sheep, goats, dogs....becomes all the animals on the earth. On and on this fish story/myth gets built. One or more children buy it[You can convince a 5 year old of anything, a 95 year old of nothing-Marilyn Von Savant-IQ=230].....Another 7 generations go by and a young pakistani boy named ABRAM swallows the whole myth, hook, line and sinker. And that's how you get the noah story, a true tale of sea survival(a Reader's Digest book section) jazzed up by proto-jews into a myth...and IDIOTS finding noah's ark on Mt Ararat. The search for GOD is the search for truth, not ancient lies....

Afterimage
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
88 - 07-06-2008, 04:29

Togowack
VeteranXV
Old
89 - 07-06-2008, 04:57
Johnny if your post wasn't one run on sentence, I'd have read it. If you have a point to make, make it in a few short sentences so that we can read this post within a minute or two. Also phrasing helps people to understand your words better, as though you took a breath in between sentences to think.

If its not worth the thought to you, then it isn't to anyone else.

Johnny
VeteranX
Old
90 - 07-06-2008, 05:55
Reading 101

Redz15
VeteranXV
Old
91 - 07-06-2008, 05:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
This is why many intelligent people pass the entire bible off as mere children's fables, this noah's ark nonsense in particular. There is NO, repeat NO, evidence for a world wide flood 7000 years ago. If all animals, 2 x 2, left the ark, why are kangaroos found only in australia? And yet in the tale itself is found the small grain of truth of survival at sea : and the water prevailed upward 15 cubits(the height of noah's fruit trees-22 feet). The storm surge of a hurricane is just that, 20 ft......Thus, the true story : noah was a farmer/orchard type living in the Indus River region(today's Pakistan). He, his father, grandfather, had been flooded out before, the Indus River, unlike the Nile, floods irregularly. So he built a 3 layer LOG RAFT with goat skin tent on the high point of his land, 4.5 ft high, 8 ft wide, 45 ft long. Along comes a cat 4 or 5 hurricane(cyclone in them parts)with its FOUR days of rain and storm surge. Remember, this is 7000 years ago = different polar jet stream. Jews always play with decimals : 4 days become 40 days of rain......So all the critters head for the raft(dogs, cats, sheep, goats, snakes, doves....)as the water rises. It gets washed out to sea where, from his limited perspective, the earth is covered with water. The CCW gyre in the gulf of arabia eventually washes the raft back onto an outer sand bar and they have to wait for low tide to wade to the true shore. He goes back to life as before, most of the neighborhood having been wahed away in the CAMILLE hurricane.....Seven generations go by and his illiterate descendents are sitting around a campfire in iraq high on the local brew, where everyone is a GOD or son of GOD, macho myths abound. So, in telling fish stories this old family story gets jazzed up a bit. Survival at sea doesn't sound too impressive so the raft lands on top of Mt Ararat, if they had known about Mt Everest it would have landed there......Bump up dimensions by a decimal place. Bump up 4 days of rain to 40 days. The dove incident. A few surviving sheep, goats, dogs....becomes all the animals on the earth. On and on this fish story/myth gets built. One or more children buy it[You can convince a 5 year old of anything, a 95 year old of nothing-Marilyn Von Savant-IQ=230].....Another 7 generations go by and a young pakistani boy named ABRAM swallows the whole myth, hook, line and sinker. And that's how you get the noah story, a true tale of sea survival(a Reader's Digest book section) jazzed up by proto-jews into a myth...and IDIOTS finding noah's ark on Mt Ararat. The search for GOD is the search for truth, not ancient lies....
this actually makes me believe the bible more.
not taking the story literally.

-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranXV
Old
92 - 07-06-2008, 08:27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind" -Albert Einstein
Einstein was a non believer. Anyone who says else wise has been lied too.

Page 5 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Bible and evolution] It's not a hard concept at all guys, really.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
5 thousand years lol , anal dog sex , badmofo is faggot , bible and evolution , free gon , matthew dewald is fat , tiny pee-pee , troll thread