Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page my new gun
Page 4 of 8
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
61 - 05-14-2010, 14:33
I have the same gun but with a side folder stock. Niiiice.

Sponsored Links
Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
62 - 05-14-2010, 15:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waidan View Post
My wife (then fiance) was dead set against guns. Super pissed that I wasn't willing to part with mine. Finally got her to go shooting up at Burro Canyon...complete 180'. She had a blast and bought a 10/22 a short time later.
How did you convince her to go with you that first time?

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
63 - 05-14-2010, 15:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
i can't speak for him, of course, but just as an example... we have our gun for protection (originally).

the gun does no good if she doesn't know how to use it. all that will happen is she will get hurt, or someone else.

i forced her to learn the basics about how it works, safety, and how to use the gun. for her own safety.

she's not really good with it. but i feel comfortably enough to have the gun in the house, which is what was important to me. she can definitely aim well - but she can't squeeze off more than a round every few seconds. again - not awesome with the gun, but good enough i suppose.

we had a friend, and his wife didn' tknow how to use the gun. we were talking about it one day, and him and her were like 'she'll just pick it up point it and pull the triger'. they have a little kid running around their house and they keep it loaded, with no lock, in a dresser drawer thats 'too high for him to reach'.

iw anted to punch him in the face. its only a matter of time before someone in that household is seriously hurt because of their stupidity in owning a firearm.
my fiance agreed, we later moved in, i purchased a gun, so the it was obvious she would have to learn about it.

she loves shooting and practicing. i just can't get her over the fear of doing it around other people at a range - she's worried she'll embarass herself. we have to go tos omeone's house who has land and shoot there. i go to the range by myself.

Waidan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
64 - 05-14-2010, 16:14
Quote:
Basically I explained that her opinion (on issues like effectiveness of a manual safety, weight of trigger pull, likelyhood of an AD while cleaning/handling, etc) didn't hold any weight until she had actually experienced these things herself. I also told her I could describe the fun and challenge of target shooting, but without first hand experience she had no way of understanding what I was talking about.

After that I just waited until she suggested coming along (her idea so there was no "I told you so!" type moment lurking) when my friends and I were going up to the canyon. Ended up being a really fun day, and she shot everything from a .22 on up to a 11-87 and a Mini-30. She even shot a 1911, though before we left she said no matter what she wasn't going to touch handguns.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
65 - 05-14-2010, 16:26
Quote:
She even shot a 1911, though before we left she said no matter what she wasn't going to touch handguns.
Its so frustrating to know that there are millions upon millions of other people out there just like her, who have a completely unfounded fear of inanimate objects. It's more frustrating that for whatever ****ing reason, this fear extends especially to handguns, even in a situation where the person doesn't necessarily fear long guns.

It's stupefying. Good for you for educating the woman.

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
66 - 05-14-2010, 16:28
guns are tools.

nothing more, nothing less.

to be afraid of a gun is like being afraid of a hammer.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
67 - 05-14-2010, 16:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by amRam View Post
Its so frustrating to know that there are millions upon millions of other people out there just like her, who have a completely unfounded fear of inanimate objects. It's more frustrating that for whatever ****ing reason, this fear extends especially to handguns, even in a situation where the person doesn't necessarily fear long guns.

It's stupefying. Good for you for educating the woman.
Irrational fear is pretty much the singular foundation of all our past and present irrational gun laws.

Thanks for the details, Waidan.

Waidan
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
68 - 05-14-2010, 16:52
Quote:
Irrational fear is pretty much the singular foundation of all our past and present irrational gun laws.

No prob. I get the "handguns are worse" thing. People associate them strongly with violent crime (both due to actual crime and the 10,000 cop dramas currently airing with gun play in every other episode). People get the idea that there is nothing good about handguns, and only street-wise super cops can handle them responsibly. This perception falls apart once the mystery is taken out of the equation and they're putting holes through paper. The only question left on their minds is "how do you load another magazine?"

I think the thing that stuns non-gun people the first time they go shooting is the gun owners' focus on safety. When they discover the "gun nuts" are actually more cautious and alert to danger than they are (often times leading to the non-gunny being reprimanded for pointing in an unsafe direction or having their finger on the trigger of the "unloaded" gun) their attitude changes quickly, and they start learning rather than judging.

Reverend Zero
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
69 - 05-14-2010, 20:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by link_ View Post
I have to make two trips because according to them they cannot sell me a lower and an upper in the same day because that would be considered "manufacturing firearms." And they don't have a license to "manufacture firearms."

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, because you are absolutely right..only the lower is serial numbered (dont get me started on how dumb that is). It sounds bull**** which means its probably actually the law (yay liberals). Regardless I am on my way back today to go get the rest of the stuff I need.

This is my first AR build ever and I decided to do it from "scratch". I heard the trigger group was the hardest part, and that took me 25 minutes. 10 minutes was trying to get the damn hammer spring compressed enough to get it in place. There are lots of decent videos on how to put it all together.

I should have taken pictures of the progress, but i didnt think about it until it was just about finished.
Honestly it sounds like they don't know how to interpret VA's laws and are simply ignorant. The firearm is already manufactured, it's called the stripped receiver. Every other part of the AR is irrelevant and completely unrestricted. Now if you milled your own receiver out of a chunk of aluminum, THAT would constitute as manufacturing. But this isn't the case.

Sounds like you need to find a new shop/FFL, one that knows the laws better.

mZep
Veteran++
Old
70 - 05-14-2010, 20:34
Nice, I'm currently saving to buy one that is almost an exact replica of yours. Mine will be 1,409.00 though.

DV
VeteranXV
Old
71 - 05-14-2010, 20:54
Quote:
No prob. I get the "handguns are worse" thing. People associate them strongly with violent crime (both due to actual crime and the 10,000 cop dramas currently airing with gun play in every other episode). People get the idea that there is nothing good about handguns, and only street-wise super cops can handle them responsibly. This perception falls apart once the mystery is taken out of the equation and they're putting holes through paper. The only question left on their minds is "how do you load another magazine?"

I think the thing that stuns non-gun people the first time they go shooting is the gun owners' focus on safety. When they discover the "gun nuts" are actually more cautious and alert to danger than they are (often times leading to the non-gunny being reprimanded for pointing in an unsafe direction or having their finger on the trigger of the "unloaded" gun) their attitude changes quickly, and they start learning rather than judging.
Exactly... This has been the case not once but many times for me.

Living in MT, I live maybe 10 minutes from my range, which is seated at the base of a mountain.

I love taking non-gun people up there, I've got a nice selection of .22's for them to get acquainted with. Every "non" gun person I've ever taken up there, has been a totally different person after the trip up. And every single one of them has to be chastised at least once for not following proper safety.

Did you check to see if it was loaded? ---- "No."
Why is your finger on the trigger? ---- "Uh, I dunno."
DON'T POINT IT IN THAT DIRECTION! ----- "sorry."
Put your glasses back on! ---- "sorry."

In the end they realize that amongst all the people at the range, they are the ones that don't know anything about guns or how they are suppose to be handled. And that for all the gun nuts out there, none of them were crazy assholes who were unsafe or out of control.

Baby Bew
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
72 - 05-14-2010, 20:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox.enD View Post
guns are tools.

nothing more, nothing less.

to be afraid of a gun is like being afraid of a hammer.
tell that to chinese kindergartners

jerry
VeteranXX
Old
73 - 05-14-2010, 21:02
the jer bought

pretty nice gun for its purpose and the case was free so w/e

is there any advantage 2 purchasing an actual case

i don't shoot it very often so the magic man has long term care in mind

in addition to being easily accessible, which the aforementioned case does quite well

Reverend Zero
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
74 - 05-14-2010, 21:24
Well you wont look like a dummy carrying a regular case to the range to pop off a few shells

just kidding

The best thing you can do to care for your gun is to keep it clean and prevent rusting. keep a very light coat of oil on the metal exterior and that will solve 95% of most rust problems. Keep it in a case or a safe with desiccant packs. Avoid cases with that eggcrate-style foam padding, it traps moisture and promotes rusting.

Tappy
VeteranX
Old
75 - 05-14-2010, 21:28
Quote:

Don't forget all of our past and present irrational drug laws.

DV
VeteranXV
Old
76 - 05-14-2010, 21:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanide View Post
the jer bought

pretty nice gun for its purpose and the case was free so w/e

is there any advantage 2 purchasing an actual case

i don't shoot it very often so the magic man has long term care in mind

in addition to being easily accessible, which the aforementioned case does quite well
Damnit, I've been trying to find a Naval JIC for a while now...

For my dad's boat.

I do kinda want the JIC II for me though.

Last edited by DV; 05-14-2010 at 21:49..
ZooL
VeteranXX
Old
77 - 05-14-2010, 22:40
Russian side optics aren't bad really however i will not go with the top dust cover picatiny rails because after one shot the scope is knocked out of place.
Yeah i May go red dot here. good call.

For those who don't know and want to know, this is as solid as **** gun. This thing BREATHES 'i will survive a zombie outbreak'. if you absolutely have to be able to fight government troops zombies looters atf police commie gangmembers bikers azns mexicancartels minorities...this gun is for you.

Purchase an 8 mag chestrig and some bulgarian side pouches and you can tote around 400 rounds that are ready to be used. I am building a bugoutbag now, that will have loose rounds in it so i can reload somewhere. When u run out of ammo you CAN use this thing as a club, it will bash someones skull in it IS rugged as ****.

Reverend Zero
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
78 - 05-14-2010, 22:44
i know the dustcover sucks for mounting, that's why I said to use a gas tube rail.

like so:

AK-47 Accessories, AK-47 Mini-14, Mini-30, M1 .30 Carbine Scout Scope Mount from UltiMAK

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
79 - 05-14-2010, 22:46
Nice rail.

I like that grip better than the typical AK grip too.

Reverend Zero
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
80 - 05-14-2010, 22:49
it looks like just a standard A2 grip from an AR, but yeah i'd agree they are way more comfortable

Page 4 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page my new gun

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
legless dogs , odio is a fucking faggot , odio is a fucking retard , odio took my son