Instant BG Que on Login

RedSpider

Veteran XX
This is not anything major, but it will allow you to log in to run a battleground without waiting in que. I've discovered this bug after logging out at night in BG que frequently and I've reproduced it enough times reliably that I thought I'd post.

1. Que for BG.
2. Take a flightpath across a zone.
3. Alt tab, (should log you out when you change zones) come back after waiting a bit, 30m is the shortest time I've tried this with. Que time on my server is ~10-20m on a good day.
4. Login, you will still be in BG que and it should pop instantly.

I tend to do this when I log out at night mostly, the next day I can log in and PVP without waiting 10-15m for que. 17hrs in que, wait time 12m :lol:

I've never been logged out by being alt tabbed while on a FP.
It only started logging me out on FP this patch. (idk about FPs outside of Northrend, haven't tried there.)

:shrug: My circumstances may be unique, but I figured I'd post since it works 100% of the time for me.

SS of 12 hr 16m in que, 17m Wait time:

Que popping 10 seconds later:

Last edited:
I've been doin this for over a week now. You dont need to do any special trick with a flight point or anything. You can just alt-f4, or if oyu play in windowed mode, just close wow. Just dont log out or exit WoW normally.

If you have 2 toons you want to grind honor on, you can just rotate them, essentially getting instant queues all day long

This is why I never did battlegrounds. After I started tanking I got too hooked on instant queues. It also killed playing alts for me that aren't tanks.

Queues suck, they just need some huge pvp game type that you can drop in and drop out of easily.

Alt-F4ed out of WoW yesterday after killing Bloodlord in ZG.

Came back later and was at the entrance of ZG like usual, however I had a prompt asking me if I wanted to join this raid that had "0/10 bosses killed."

Stupid me just clicked no and left, not realizing, but I wonder if it would have let me kill Bloodlord again. I shall experiment next reset.

I've been doin this for over a week now. You dont need to do any special trick with a flight point or anything. You can just alt-f4, or if oyu play in windowed mode, just close wow. Just dont log out or exit WoW normally.

If you have 2 toons you want to grind honor on, you can just rotate them, essentially getting instant queues all day long
This is probably the best use of the logout bug.

this isn't working for me.

I will Que for BG
alt F4 or just hit the X (i play windowed)
come back and it still makes me wait.

this isn't working for me.

I will Que for BG
alt F4 or just hit the X (i play windowed)
come back and it still makes me wait.

This doesn't get around the wait time.

It allows you to wait while you do other things, like sleep, without missing the queue pop.

Back