<StK> on Tichondrius

*waves*
i just finished leveling my priest but still deciding on what to play during cata. tried war tanking yesterday with the new changes and it feels kinda wierd now.

do you guys need anymore? i have been on tich for a quite a while and just started playing again. have 80 druid/warlock/dk. and have high enough hunter and pally to level to pretty quickly.

*waves*
i just finished leveling my priest but still deciding on what to play during cata. tried war tanking yesterday with the new changes and it feels kinda wierd now.

Feels weird to me too compared to bear/paladin tanking. I know all the other tanks get an AoE tanking spell/abiliy (Swipe, Blood Boil, Hammer of Righteousness) but the warrior kind of... doesn't. You could argue thunder clap, but it doesn't seem to do as much damage as the others so I defaulted to cleave. Cleave simply doesn't hit all targets like the others do. I'd be happy if they scaled the damage of Cleave down and made it like HoR or Swipe. Then again I only played on my warrior a handful of times since 4.0 so maybe I'm not looking at clap's or cleave's damage.

shockwave (with glyph), cleave (with glyph), revenge (with talent), and rend+thunderclap.

True, but I'm speaking in terms of mechanics that share with prot paladins. Mainly a single-target and an AoE threat spell/skill on the same CD. Paladins have Hammer (which is AoE) and Crusader Strike (which is single-target) and they share the same 3-second CD. Warriors also have cleave (which is "AoE") and shares the same 3-second CD with heroic strike.

The thing is if you compare even the tooltips to both thunderclap and HoR you would see the Hammer (without modifications) easily deals twice the damage thunderclap does, a base of 272 compared to 523 - 783. That can mean a lot more threat, unless the AP modifications can bring it to the same level as the paladin's damage with his own class modifications and I don't believe that is likely

Shockwave is very nice, I will give it that, but on a 20-second CD you can't really rely on that for AoE threat. And even then it's a frontal cone, which requires extra positioning to hit everything and that may not always be possible.

I tanked all the heroics (cata beta) as a warrior and I know you can get alot of vengeance with a big pack of mobs. I would usually be top dps in packs of 5 or more. And the 17 sec cooldown on shockwave comes around pretty fast, and you can add damage to it from the thunderclap talent.

Even if someone didn't assist, taunt is easy enough. The key is to shockwave and spam revenge/cleave. Do a short leap if needed. And if its still too messy you challenge shout. You'll have enough vengeance from that to hold anything if it lasts.

Its prob easier to tank on a paladin, but they don't have the stuns. Warrior is a stun machine.

Back