Next expansion rumors (Cataclysm?)

Yea starting out at 55 is the dumbest shit I've heard in awhile. Look how many terrible DK's there were when WoTLK first got going.

i agree that its kind of stupid, but as long as you already have 1 character at level 55 then whats the big deal? Nobody wants to bother doing all that boring shit anymore, and starting at level 55 really makes people want to spend more time on the game playing one of the characters they've always wanted to have but never wanted to level.

its kind of sad, i know a lot of people that would pay 250.00 or more to get out of leveling to 80.

thanks to all of my botting i kind of enjoy leveling now, being how i've only officially done it twice.

12:11PM Classic zones forever changed by the Cataclysm.
Heroic Shadowfang keep. Guild leveling system. Path of the titans character progression.

hmmm. i wonder if all of azeroth now, the old world zones, will have a heroic counterpart to allow for the leveling from 80-85?

Q: Will I need the expansion to be able to experience the Cataclysm changes?
A: When the Cataclysm occurs, it will occur for all players, whether they have purchased the expansion or not--you will no longer be to play in the original version of Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms. However, certain features such as the new zones, new races, and new level cap will only be accessible to players who purchase the expansion.

NVM, didn't get it as the site is probably getting hammered and not everything is loading.

Last edited:
They can't phase terrain, but they can have a completely new copy of the world. Old Azeroth and New Azeroth being two different maps so to speak.

Now proven to be wrong.

Yes. We've come up with a number of new, cool ways to using phasing since we introduced it in Wrath of the Lich King, and plan to use it more extensively to change the world as players progress. We are also now able to phase terrain, which players will see in the starting areas for the goblins and worgen.

Blizzcon 2009: Official Cataclysm FAQ

i wonder if blizzard has every considered making leveling actually fun and more dynamic (such that its different each time).

ya i guess thats too much work... i mean they only make billions and clearly couldnt afford the extra engineers/artists.

this is interesting:

1:00PM Guild advancement system. Leveling up your guild to get access to perks. Game systems panel will cover this more. Personally, this will get me to buy the expansion.

1:00PM Planned to have 20 guild levels. Everyone can contribute to advancing it. Raids, dailies, BGs, etc will all contribute to advancing the guild.

1:00PM High level guilds will get access to new perks. Guild talent trees!

1:01PM Cheaper repairs, less durability loss when wiping in raids, etc. "Mass ressurection" Rezzing an entire guild after a raid wipe.

this is interesting:

1:00PM Guild advancement system. Leveling up your guild to get access to perks. Game systems panel will cover this more. Personally, this will get me to buy the expansion.

1:00PM Planned to have 20 guild levels. Everyone can contribute to advancing it. Raids, dailies, BGs, etc will all contribute to advancing the guild.

1:00PM High level guilds will get access to new perks. Guild talent trees!

1:01PM Cheaper repairs, less durability loss when wiping in raids, etc. "Mass ressurection" Rezzing an entire guild after a raid wipe.

lol thanks warhammer

And once again, you manage to make me think you're even more retarded than I had previously thought.

Shut up, the site was getting hammered and that bit of the site didn't get to me in time. And guild levels makes me think they'll put their own "RvR lakes" into the new world, go go warhammer.

Anyone else think that this exp looks like ugly balls so far? Goblins and Worgen look like absolute shit, as does most of the annihilated old world (seriously, more of the same fire elementals? fuck me). Gilneas looks awesome, almost like a different MMO, and yeah they did make it sound like we'll still be fighting the Lich King while this happens.

I dunno, so far not that excited (which sucks because I was balls deep into TBC and pretty damn jazzed for WOTLK).

Goblin Paladins would be fun. Retarded, but I'd make one :D

Back