Ulduar

I've never been able to live down the fact that I caused us to not get world first Brut.

It was like attempt #5424395r92 at 1am and I knew Comcast was going to shut off my cable at 2:30 to fix the line....except they did it earlier. I DC'd at 98% and when I got back on we had wiped at 4% due to enrage and I was gone the entire attempt and usually was #1. Good times, good times.

Pre-nerf M'uru was retarded and I hated every minute of it.
That does indeed suck.

Pre-nerf M'uru was brutally hard, and having never finished 60 Naxx, it felt good to beat something like that. Plus it really was an execution thing. Once we got the kill, we never really had more than a couple attempts the following weeks. It was very repeatable (the nerf didn't hurt either).

My buddy and old teammate Proffz just transferred away from Drama to Tich

Was he pretty chill there?

I didn't really talk to much because he was only in the guild as a "Serennia-PvP-Friend." He seemed alright, despite hanging around that douchebag. Good luck to him, hopefully he will find better partners.

That does indeed suck.

Pre-nerf M'uru was brutally hard, and having never finished 60 Naxx, it felt good to beat something like that. Plus it really was an execution thing. Once we got the kill, we never really had more than a couple attempts the following weeks. It was very repeatable (the nerf didn't hurt either).

Pre-nerf was just...ugh. Testing that shit in front of tigole et al on PTR was embarrassing - there was nothing we could do. When it went live I had the pleasure of dealing with downs children not knowing they could click off sweeping strikes/blade flurry and kept wiping us due to poly breaks. That and people complaining one side was harder (which it was a little bit) so I just took it over and told them to suck my balls and did it.

That does indeed suck.

prenerf was nuts

i was barely hitting phase 2 prenerf, then 3.1 hits, and we one shot muru, with terrible lag and the whole raidh aving like 700+ ping

KJ was a 2-3 shot kill to, made it seem like all the hard work learning everything else seem worthless

prenerf was nuts

i was barely hitting phase 2 prenerf, then 3.1 hits, and we one shot muru, with terrible lag and the whole raidh aving like 700+ ping

KJ was a 2-3 shot kill to, made it seem like all the hard work learning everything else seem worthless
That's not pre-nerf btw.

When people say pre-nerf they mean the original HP nerf to M'uru specifically.

we got to 20% multiple times on prenerf muru (when I say prenerf I mean high hp muru adds yet no pushback from his spell)

then our guild broke up soon after the nerf and I transferred to makaveli where they had already killed him pre nerf

only 1-2 guilds in the world killed him when he did the push back, so prenerf is usually considered when the hp was at it's original points

only 1-2 guilds in the world killed him when he did the push back, so prenerf is usually considered when the hp was at it's original points

Negative.

Pre-nerf means no nerfs!

The pushback made it invariably easier, there's no questioning that. Personally I think it was retarded to throw ourselves at it for I think...6-7 days, every night, to kill it with pushback and then have them remove it the next maintenance. Right there I was like fuck this I'm out and quit after KJ ha.

I didn't know vodka killed him in his 100% original form, I thought it was just a handful of EU guilds

are you still raiding with them?

so I know I'm late to the party on this but is Auriaya really stupid easy? We watched some tankspot vids and read up on strats before trying her. We wiped once from shit luck with a pounce and then decided to just ignore the feral defender entirely. Killed her on the next attempt. I still see strats talking about moving around and taking out the defender.

so I know I'm late to the party on this but is Auriaya really stupid easy? We watched some tankspot vids and read up on strats before trying her. We wiped once from shit luck with a pounce and then decided to just ignore the feral defender entirely. Killed her on the next attempt. I still see strats talking about moving around and taking out the defender.

Yeah she's stupidly easy. Ignoring the feral defender is the best thing to do. Unless you're going for the 9 lives achievement.

The main reason to kill the defender a couple times is to ease the healing on the raid. We killed it 4 times, then ignored it. I think we probably could have left it alone after the first 2 kills tbh.

Back