Malygos 10

FM: I won't have people install an add-on for this.

Half of them wouldn't do it because they don't give a shit. This is most of the reason we're failing.

I'd rather have people learn the fight the hard way -- the "hard way" being completely subjective. If we ever get it on farm I'd happily suggest an add-on to streamline further.

We were gathering prior to P3 drop, and the RL was marked for us to follow. I guess some people can't press 1,1,2 and watch the screen at the same time so they know when the fuck to move.

It's sad, mostly because this is considered "progression" in my guild. Which means they really have no business in a raid instance. :(

Wait, if they don't give a shit, why bother raiding it at all then? Installing an addon takes but 1 minute, and even faster if you're using cursegaming addon installer.

The mod automatically works in game, you just have to drag it from the center of the screen.

This is a mod that is important for the raid leader to monitor stacks and such, including your own. It becomes less important once you learn the encounter. It's not really necessary, but if you notice 6 out of the 10 people in your raid constantly has 2-3 stacks, then they fucking suck and you can call them out to improve on it. If no one gives a shit, forget attempting it then.

To make this simpler (assuming people can stack up correctly, you can do phase 3 with 3 (10 man) or 5 (25 man) healers respectivly (i think) and no one shields.

At the start of the phase before malygos is attackable get the healers to each stack up 5 HoTs and then time their heal one after each other (about a second apart) and then jsut have them repeat as fast as they can for the entire phase. I have ben targeted 3 times in a row and not died using this method.

This allows the DPS the easy job of hitting 112 for the entire fight (you can do 12(at around 70 energy) 112(asap) but it requires much better timing), and so everyone should have a fairly high stack at the end of the fight.

Last edited:
I'll throw down a few thoughts:

1) No one should even come close to dying in vortex - bring a druid and a priest and one other and you should be fine.

2) Locks use their teleport. Was not aware rogues could cloak out.

3) Locks and/or rogues need to be dpsing during the vortex - everyone else dots the target.

4) Phase 2 - have your melee get onto the discs asap - but not your tank(s). Give one of them a tank box so that the raid can assist off of them. Ranged casters should get on as well - they can cast and move at the same time.

5) Phase 3 - mark someone - the MT works, group up on them. 2 or 3 healers, rest dps. 1,1, wait for energy, 2, repeat. I typically get to a 22 or 23 stack on 25 man. You can get screwed over if you get targeted twice in a row.

That's it. You want about 5 minutes in phase 3 to be sure of the kill. If you are close to the enrage, make sure everyone shields as much as possible once he enrages - the dots can still kill him.

You really should just find another guild. If the people you're raiding with don't automatically understand the fight after doing it a handful of times, then there's just no hope at all for them. Being in a decent guild really is the one thing that can SIGNIFICANTLY change your enjoyment of this game.

Only thing that annoys me about this fight now is how people in phase 2 can get picked off when they get randomly focused by several mobs, seems like it happens at least once every time we were in that phase, we had druids save their BR for the phase shift from p2 to p3 because of that.

Only thing that annoys me about this fight now is how people in phase 2 can get picked off when they get randomly focused by several mobs, seems like it happens at least once every time we were in that phase, we had druids save their BR for the phase shift from p2 to p3 because of that.

PROTIP***
Stop playing with baddies.

I'll throw down a few thoughts:

1) No one should even come close to dying in vortex - bring a druid and a priest and one other and you should be fine.
OK. We started with Druid/Priest, then swapped in a Pally about half way through. We only got to phase 3 once after that (in 4 attempts), but it did seem like people were dying less.

Again, I think my healers just suck balls. :(

2) Locks use their teleport. Was not aware rogues could cloak out.

3) Locks and/or rogues need to be dpsing during the vortex - everyone else dots the target.
We don't raid with any locks (fail) but I'll let our rogue know to cloak out of vortex if he comes.
4) Phase 2 - have your melee get onto the discs asap - but not your tank(s). Give one of them a tank box so that the raid can assist off of them. Ranged casters should get on as well - they can cast and move at the same time.
Our tank is very bad at adapting to changing conditions. He obviously has difficulty picking up the melee and holding them during the transition to phase 2. I don't think there's anything I could tell him except "play better."

It is definitely an issue.
5) Phase 3 - mark someone - the MT works, group up on them. 2 or 3 healers, rest dps. 1,1, wait for energy, 2, repeat. I typically get to a 22 or 23 stack on 25 man. You can get screwed over if you get targeted twice in a row.
We were doing this. People still weren't grouping up properly, and the heals weren't coming fast enough so we lost the 7-8 players we had left going into P3 very quickly. Again, we only had 3 attempts at this phase... but it was like people had never been on a flying mount before. :huh:
That's it. You want about 5 minutes in phase 3 to be sure of the kill. If you are close to the enrage, make sure everyone shields as much as possible once he enrages - the dots can still kill him.

I'll mention this on Sunday when we're scheduled to try him again. It's obvious this guild can't cut it, but I'm at a loss on where to go. All the good guilds are packed full of average players and nobody is really recruiting because the content is so easy they can just carry their members through it and win every night. I don't really want to spend $150 to move my alts and bank toon to another realm.

That was basically my problem as well. The commonly believed logic was they would FF the first person to leave the bubble, so usually everyone runs in a tight group to the next bubble hoping the mobs will all hit a different person versus one person taking it all. It seems to have worked in Maly10, I guess you have to communicate exactly when you're going to run between bubbles.

OK. We started with Druid/Priest, then swapped in a Pally about half way through. We only got to phase 3 once after that (in 4 attempts), but it did seem like people were dying less.

Again, I think my healers just suck balls. :(
Yes. We do it with two pallies in one of our ten mans. If they can do it, then a druid/priest should absolutely be able to do it. Your slowfall should be enough to keep you above everybody else in health at the end of the vortex. If you have time, call it out, and slowfall others. Since I only have a few instant casts, I have enough time to get 3 - 4 people. Saves quite a bit on raid damage.

We don't raid with any locks (fail) but I'll let our rogue know to cloak out of vortex if he comes.

Our tank is very bad at adapting to changing conditions. He obviously has difficulty picking up the melee and holding them during the transition to phase 2. I don't think there's anything I could tell him except "play better."

It is definitely an issue.
Get a new MT. Bring a prot pally who knows how to tank, and have all dps focus on his target, let his AoEs build aggro on the rest of the melee. A tank who can't adapt to situations quickly is a bad tank.

We were doing this. People still weren't grouping up properly, and the heals weren't coming fast enough so we lost the 7-8 players we had left going into P3 very quickly. Again, we only had 3 attempts at this phase... but it was like people had never been on a flying mount before. :huh:
Mark someone who is obviously not fucking up shifting his position, everybody stacks on him, nobody goes past him when shifting or you risk having to move fully through a charge instead of halfway through it. Tell the healers to target their own drakes, and use the AoE heal at 2 combo points. They need to follow the same energy rules as the dps.
Nobody should be dead going into P3, at all, move as a group in P2.

I'll mention this on Sunday when we're scheduled to try him again. It's obvious this guild can't cut it, but I'm at a loss on where to go. All the good guilds are packed full of average players and nobody is really recruiting because the content is so easy they can just carry their members through it and win every night. I don't really want to spend $150 to move my alts and bank toon to another realm.

If your guild is having this much trouble on Maly 10, the difficulty of coordinating 15 more people who don't have any clue what to do is going to be outrageous. My advice: jump ship, get into a good guild. Who cares if there are a bunch of average players in it. Every good guild has its lower echelon, just get in and get in on their raids. If they're worth their salt, they have the ability to swap you in and see how you do. Most of them likely are geared fairly well.

For example on guilds with bads, my guild has a tight group of about 15 people who can do just about any fight after 2-3 tries such as Maly in 10 man, but when we moved into the 25 man, the extra 10 people who hadn't run Maly with us in 10s just fucked up constantly, even with specific guidance. They had 3 stacks of the dot running, or less, for the entire fight; they ran with the tank when coming out of the vortex, or some other stupid thing like that. It took us 3 weeks of wipes for something ridiculously simple. Needless to say, many of them will not be in for the Ulduar 25s.

What I'm saying is cut the excess weight, if that happens to be most of your guild, its easier to just find one that isn't going to be.

Last edited:
has anyone mentioned using a macro for P3 for dps so even retards can pass the retard test just spamming it
Malygos macros. 2G1G

DPSer Macro
/tar malygos
/castsequence reset=target Flame Spike, Flame Spike, Engulf in Flames

Healer Macro
/tar pet
/castsequence [target=pet] Revivify, Revivify, Life Burst

if u still lose in phase 3 thats some serious fail.

has anyone mentioned using a macro for P3 for dps so even retards can pass the retard test just spamming it
Malygos macros. 2G1G

DPSer Macro
/tar malygos
/castsequence reset=target Flame Spike, Flame Spike, Engulf in Flames

Healer Macro
/tar pet
/castsequence [target=pet] Revivify, Revivify, Life Burst

if u still lose in phase 3 thats some serious fail.

DPS macro won't work because you'll run out of energy if you spam it and stacks will fall off.

I am not certain if rogues can cloak out of Vortex. I said they can Killing Spree out of Vortex (and I'm not certain if that ever got changed since I stopped playing my rogue).

I never knew Malygos 10 was so hard. The first and only time I did it was with a PUG and I did just fine listening to the raid leader for what to do. This is actually a challenge for some guilds?

I never knew Malygos 10 was so hard. The first and only time I did it was with a PUG and I did just fine listening to the raid leader for what to do. This is actually a challenge for some guilds?

Pretty much. I MT'd 10 for the first time in a guild and it really only took me one try to get the placement down, and I was told as a tank that's the hardest part. We wiped two more times after that because the DPS kept getting eaten in phase 2 and couldn't burn the disc-riders fast enough.

I'm really curious what the next MMO will be since it's pretty obvious now all the toning down of difficulty has not only given the retards easier access to gear (VoA, carrying, etc.) there seems to be very little left to dumb it down too.

Back