[Tich/Horde]The Core - Recruiting healers

I understand that's possible.

But the application says the complete opposite.

:shrug:

That might cause problems on the other end of the spectrum, wherein some ultra-hardcore healing Priest that plays 8 hours every day goes into it expecting SK-Gaming levels of realm firsts and instant farm status and a militant raid structure.

Whatever. I'm not criticizing it, I'm just pointing out the irony. I thought Falhawk was too, in his own way...
The app was much simpler before xrealm transfers came into play, but when players can't use references we know this potentially saves them $25 they'd have to spend each way transferring to the server. The raiding hours should be a giant red flag for anyone expecting SK-Gaming type raiding. I can't remember the last time a raid lasted more than 4 hours.

I know the leading alliance guild on Tich raids easily twice as much as us each week when progressing but somehow we still beat them on a good portion of the content. Their last recruitment post said to expect 6 hour raids 5-6 days each week while progressing, the worst we ever do is 4 nights a week 3-3.5 hours each night (a 5th night perhaps a couple times each year, and occasionally an extra 30mins on normal nights). I raid at 8pm my time right as my kids are going to bed and I'm asleep before midnight, I consider that laid back even though we've been a top50 worldwide guild for much of the last 2 years.

I can't believe you guys got riled up by a post from Falhawk. He was just messing with us because of our app, if you think he'll lose sleep because other people picked on him for how much WoW he plays you don't know him.

And Jaguar is the only other SP still playing. I think DarkDonut quit as well or I just haven't seen him on, he hasn't been in our guild since just before TBC was released. Dimio is playing with Adren but played a lot of beta with people in TC and drops by once in awhile. WoW was my first game playing with SP so the lack of PVP and griefing never turned me away from the game like it did almost eveyrone else (more than half of them never even hit 60).

I can't believe you guys got riled up by a post from Falhawk. He was just messing with us because of our app, if you think he'll lose sleep because other people picked on him for how much WoW he plays you don't know him.

Why is it hard to fall for a troll post in a forum where you don't expect troll posts? Maybe I don't run my trollmonitor as regularly as the rest of you, and maybe it's because I don't feel the need to troll people on an internet gaming forum and go "haha, look, I trolled you."

(Isn't directed at fal in particular, just a lot of dumbasses on TW in general)

I don't think anyone loses sleep over what is said on the forums. I only mentioned the fact that him and his guilds probably play more WoW than we do, which is typically a measurement of "hardcore" raiding guilds.

If I was in a guild where myself or others were doing 800dps in a 25m raid I don't think I would troll much less take sincere shots at an established guild. Gonna go ahead and add Falhawk to the same category as a$e I guess.

Why is it hard to fall for a troll post in a forum where you don't expect troll posts? Maybe I don't run my trollmonitor as regularly as the rest of you, and maybe it's because I don't feel the need to troll people on an internet gaming forum and go "haha, look, I trolled you."

I knew smaq would get what I was doing. I didn't expect everyone else to collectively freak out.

I've got no problem with peopel running tight ships for efficient raids. As I've mentioned I run in a guild with friends, we were a small group joining a larger group. We basically stick together though for the same reasons you guys do. However our schedules are all over the place (mine being the most restrictive due to family stuff).

If I was in a guild where myself or others were doing 800dps in a 25m raid I don't think I would troll much less take sincere shots at an established guild. Gonna go ahead and add Falhawk to the same category as a$e I guess.

Why would you care? You're pretty upset about this. I can't say I really understand it.

Do you base your e-peen on how others approach the game? Do you really hold 'skill' of other guilds in high esteem? Why would you care about anything that happens outside of your guild?

In fps games I can understand due to competitive ladders/leagues etc. But we're talking about WoW. Who cares how you play if you're not in my guild?

In the end we might just have to agree to disagree. You'll be free to put me in the same category as whomever you want and I'll be free to lament that zeph of "i dont know who this guy on TW is" fame doesn't approve of me.

Last edited:
I'm not upset I just don't get your deal. At the end of the day this will just be another e-disagreement and I'll forget about it tomorrow.

In regards to other guilds and gaming in general, I've always tried to play to a level that compares to the "best" in the respective game. WoW is no different. I don't pay $15mo to be terrible, and don't necessarily understand why others would. The idea of paying a subscription fee and being rolled in arena or wiping in heroics repeatedly makes no sense to me.

I don't care how shitty you or your guild are, I bit on a troll and I'll have a laugh about it and move on. I assumed you were being serious based on your past and being somewhat competitive in the Tribes series.

edit: The quote, "It's your $15mo but the raids $360" rings pretty true for me, I hate shitty people in my raid/guild. Hopefully this gives you some insight into why I post the way I do.

Last edited:
I knew smaq would get what I was doing. I didn't expect everyone else to collectively freak out.

I've got no problem with peopel running tight ships for efficient raids. As I've mentioned I run in a guild with friends, we were a small group joining a larger group. We basically stick together though for the same reasons you guys do. However our schedules are all over the place (mine being the most restrictive due to family stuff).

I get what you were doing. Ain't pissed about nothing. If we collectively come off as harsh based on what you said, it's because, collectively, we take raiding the game more serious than you do. That's not to say that "OMG, we're totally hardcore and Blizzard rules! STFU" is our angle.

But like you said, it's a forum, and it comes off harsh sometimes. That and some of the people that post in here don't troll people, so we just post based on the fact that we're being 'serious' and are offering our opinions.

:lol:, falhawk is good people, hes not a random retard like 90% of this forum, and was pretty good @ t1/t2 to boot

don't be a hater and add him to the same category as a$e, iczer, etc

people in stk have bragged about the fact that they only did 800 dps in raids (araya). it doesn't take much to see that their guild is in some trouble.

people in stk have bragged about the fact that they only did 800 dps in raids (araya). it doesn't take much to see that their guild is in some trouble.

Wtf are you talking about?

Our guild is in attendance trouble because the game is boring as shit and everything is cleared in 4.5 hours. Everyone feels like doing something else.

Don't even know your Araya bit.

At this point, on most raid nights, we play more L4D than WoW.

Back