Protodrakes how do u get them?

if you take the time to actually learn the fight and are aware of everything that is going on sarth is one of the more complicated fights in all of wow.

:huh:

it's difficult compared anything else in wotlk but it is far from being one of the toughest fights in wow, it might be on par with early sunwell if that

I think ase has me on ignore because he's such a shitty player though

It took us less time to kill 3-drake than it did to kill Brutallus or Felmyst, and neither of those were particularly difficult compared to the end of Sunwell.

Are you guys talking 10 or 25 Sarth? My guild is more casual and about half of it doesn't really give a shit about getting geared before raids so when we try and do stuff like 1,2,3 drakes up we fail hard. Assuming my guild did get more geared what strategies are you guys doing for 10 and 25, 1,2,3 drakes?

got immortal tonight so i will get my first proto-drake next week once we finish the 20 man achievements.

immortal was a surprisingly difficult and rewarding achievement. i'm looking forward to the uludar equivalent.
When someone dies to stupid shit each week I don't see how I could find it rewarding to obtain the achievement. The only reason it's hard is because it's a bitch to get 25 people to pay attention and not fuck up for 3 straight hours. Two weeks ago a fury warrior aggro'd fresh slimes on Grobbulus and was bent over, last week a mage pulled aggro on the pull of 4hm and was 1h'd and this week a rogue thought he could follow the tank during transition on 4hm and get some extra DPS in and ate a solo meteor. Immortal should be a personal achievement and not a raidwide one because then I would've had it our first Naxx raid and could've been kicking back and having fun the last 5-6 weeks since it's been our only remaining achievement for free mounts.

Difficult? Sure. Rewarding? Meh... The only things that were rewarding in this expansion so far were the 1st 3Drake kill and the first 6min Malygos kill (first after 3.0.8 as well since we had to relearn it).

Last edited:
Pretty much how I feel Smaq. Immortal is hard, but all it does is drop excessive hate on whoever fucks up that week. Our last 4 weeks have been: Death on KT sub-30%, Immortal, Death on KT sub-30%, Death on KT Mind Control.

In all cases, the person who fucked it up has been mercilessly shit on, and in one case demoted. While I personally don't really care since I've been "that guy" like once in 4 years, it's one of the few things in the game where your momentary lapse costs everyone the entire week's worth of raid time and just generally makes people dislike you.

Pretty much how I feel Smaq. Immortal is hard, but all it does is drop excessive hate on whoever fucks up that week. Our last 4 weeks have been: Death on KT sub-30%, Immortal, Death on KT sub-30%, Death on KT Mind Control.

In all cases, the person who fucked it up has been mercilessly shit on, and in one case demoted. While I personally don't really care since I've been "that guy" like once in 4 years, it's one of the few things in the game where your momentary lapse costs everyone the entire week's worth of raid time and just generally makes people dislike you.

I personally care more about getting shit done in a TIMELY manner. I don't give a flying fuck about immortal but some people in the guild do, so we try to accomodate.

I don't care if someone dies on Thaddius so long as 8-10 people don't die so we have to restart it again. Basically, we have every boss on farm in the game (obviously, who doesn't) but we still manage to wipe to a different boss every week due to stupid shit, which costs the raid time, which means we have to run 2 raids to finish naxx next raid night because we're strict about 3 hour runs.

That pisses me off to no end. It's not like it's a particularly hard boss where we may need 1 more attempt on him to refresh everyone's memories. It's like, even Anubrekhan is possible.

if you are having constant fighting and officers/veterans/whatever demoting each other it's a problem with your guild not the achievement.

we were serious about immortal and put a lot of responsibility on people but no one got shit on for fucking up. it's just one achievement in a video game after all.

if you are having constant fighting and officers/veterans/whatever demoting each other it's a problem with your guild not the achievement.

we were serious about immortal and put a lot of responsibility on people but no one got shit on for fucking up. it's just one achievement in a video game after all.
I'll take my guild (which got it a while ago) over your non-existent guild any day.

Difficult? Sure. Rewarding? Meh...

Well said man.

We had a flawless clear going - first week without lag and shit's easy again, go figure - and we're on KT, at 2%, aggro wipe, and one of out hunters keeps the steady AWESOME DEEPS going. He dies. Good fucking game us.

:idea:

i only just came back to the game, cause comcast blew ass for about 3 months, but i think my guild tends to choose one or two achievements a night to go for if they fuck up razuvious.

ppl get bitched at if they fuck up immortal, but the ppl who don't care about achievements outnumber the ppl who do. last night, we had a priest d/c on the pull and another fucked up his mc. 30 seconds of yelling, then ppl were back to laughing. it's just a game

Back