[Illidan] Yey

i dont consider camping the entrances world pvp

you can still camp instance entrances
Part of arguing is actually addressing the points someone else makes, not just trying to redefine the argument and bring something else up. Basically every time I give a rebuttal to one of your points, you simply move on to something new, proving to me you really aren't thinking and are probably just talking out of your ass.

Despite your learning disability, I'm compelled to continue this pointless argument :(

When you're jumping people in the world, yes, it is world pvp. Doesn't fucking matter how you initiate it--that's one of the things I actually enjoyed about world pvp; it was spontaneous. You could go out to Searing Gorge and jump BWL raids, and you'd often get big fights with some tough odds like some in the video.

You make it seem like they are jumping a bunch of retarded naked level 9 mages on their way to kill hogger when in fact they are jumping people who outnumber and usually out gear them.

But in the end, my point was completely lost on you. I find that kind of PvP fun; you don't...I won't lose sleep over it. I do find it hard to believe that people prefer the "team deathmatch eSport" (as someone said earlier) to the spontaneous and unpredictable world pvp, but that's just how it goes.

My point was not to show something that was extremely difficult; it was to show a type of PvP that I found fun and that is all but extinct in the game's current state (Though if you knew anything about those guys and their guild, you'd know they were exceptional PvPers). But just like every other retard who defends the arena system, everything is about "skill" to you--it doesn't take "skill" to jump 6 people on their way to BWL, it doesn't take "skill" to travel form kite, etc etc. Well I will reiterate: I don't give a fuck.

In terms for "group world pvp" there's only one instance I have had of it. Group of use were heading into RFK as Horde, and we encountered another group going in too, and they were Alliance. So we all flagged (PvP but Barrens is protected) and we had a couple of decent fights. Some of us died, but we thumped the Alliance group 2 - 3 times after putting up a serious fight. After that they gayed and tried to train mobs on us while bolting for the portal.

It was the most fun PvP I've ever had, and it only happened once. Occasionally I get a decent group fight in the BGs but they are rare. But beat all if it just wasn't 100% fun.

When I played I had a few memorable world pvp moments, even playing on a pve server. Me and another guy were questing in hellfire on our lvl 60 alts. There was a group of horde also doing the quests with a lvl 70 helping them. He was flagged and was killing all of our mobs. So I kept him distracted by making him think I was going to try and fight him while my friend went to get his t5 rogue. He shows up and kills all of them. So they went to get their mains and I go and get my main. We go back and fourth between killing alts and killing mains. It eventually escalates into about 20 people from our guild storming Thrallmar and camping the city for at least an hour or so. Pretty fun stuff

In terms for "group world pvp" there's only one instance I have had of it. Group of use were heading into RFK as Horde, and we encountered another group going in too, and they were Alliance. So we all flagged (PvP but Barrens is protected) and we had a couple of decent fights. Some of us died, but we thumped the Alliance group 2 - 3 times after putting up a serious fight. After that they gayed and tried to train mobs on us while bolting for the portal.

It was the most fun PvP I've ever had, and it only happened once. Occasionally I get a decent group fight in the BGs but they are rare. But beat all if it just wasn't 100% fun.
Dude I know what you mean, I always had badass world PvP encounters outside RFK and RFD back in the day...was always a blast to be the first 2 people to arrive at the instance and end up fighting 4-5 Alliance or something...it really just contributes to the "massive" feel of a game...something you can't get in an arena.

I wish there was more/better world PvP, too. But that doesn't mean that arenas are bad...they're for the people who wants a more systematic/competitive way to experience PvP.

I think it's sad that this argument is STILL going on. It really is different strokes for different folks. Some of us liked competing in the top 3 in Tribes. Others just wanted to compete and have fun with family/friends in the top 50. This argument is akin to debating which are the "real" Tribes players. Everyone has a different goal and reason for playing a game, and you guys just shit on each other's goals for 5 pages in this thread. But really, no minds will be changed.

Tony prefers PvP combat, not for the sake of glory, owning cities, or loot, but simply for combat. Happy enjoys the arena aspect, enjoys finding new ways and specs to come up with a new comp. Smaq enjoys world pvp ganking because it's less predictable, and others enjoy PvE because they prefer a 25 man environment where there's social aspects, fun to be had by a large group.

It's like in real life - some people prefer hanging out with 3-4 friends, and others prefer big parties and clubs.

So, like I've asked in so many threads, wtf is the point of this argument? The closest answer I can come up with is loot, because most of you are a bunch of fucking loot whores who cares about PvE and PvP loot, not even the game mechanics.

By the way, I'm of the belief that had WoW been a big enough environment to support player cities, the game would be so much better. You have PvE loot to play for and dominance to play for.

When I played I had a few memorable world pvp moments, even playing on a pve server. Me and another guy were questing in hellfire on our lvl 60 alts. There was a group of horde also doing the quests with a lvl 70 helping them. He was flagged and was killing all of our mobs. So I kept him distracted by making him think I was going to try and fight him while my friend went to get his t5 rogue. He shows up and kills all of them. So they went to get their mains and I go and get my main. We go back and fourth between killing alts and killing mains. It eventually escalates into about 20 people from our guild storming Thrallmar and camping the city for at least an hour or so. Pretty fun stuff

LIES WORLD PVP DOESNT EXIST IN OUTLANDS

By the way, I'm of the belief that had WoW been a big enough environment to support player cities, the game would be so much better. You have PvE loot to play for and dominance to play for.

I just think its one or the other, ive mentioned eve in this thread and its a perfect example of what people seem to want out of pvp (at least the people who are anti wow pvp). Massive world battle for player controlled stations, players of every level using the resources they have available to participate, consequences. But there is a trade off

You get 0 duel style or arena style PVP, if you miss your group for pvp you are left with little to do other than trying to gank or farming. Really you are left with world PVP similar to WoW.

I enjoyed eve and its PvP, i enjoy WoW and its PvP, they are both fun for different reasons.

Last edited:
I think it's sad that this argument is STILL going on. It really is different strokes for different folks. Some of us liked competing in the top 3 in Tribes. Others just wanted to compete and have fun with family/friends in the top 50. This argument is akin to debating which are the "real" Tribes players. Everyone has a different goal and reason for playing a game, and you guys just shit on each other's goals for 5 pages in this thread. But really, no minds will be changed.

Tony prefers PvP combat, not for the sake of glory, owning cities, or loot, but simply for combat. Happy enjoys the arena aspect, enjoys finding new ways and specs to come up with a new comp. Smaq enjoys world pvp ganking because it's less predictable, and others enjoy PvE because they prefer a 25 man environment where there's social aspects, fun to be had by a large group.

It's like in real life - some people prefer hanging out with 3-4 friends, and others prefer big parties and clubs.

So, like I've asked in so many threads, wtf is the point of this argument? The closest answer I can come up with is loot, because most of you are a bunch of fucking loot whores who cares about PvE and PvP loot, not even the game mechanics.

The fuck happened to my thread :D

I agree with what adren is saying here though.

Rational thought is no longer allowed in this thread. Can we get an admin in here, this guy is using reason hax.

Back