Next expansion: Wrath of the Lich King?

I expect every part of a game to be fun. When MMOs are new they are great. Eventually certain parts start to suck donkey balls. There are work arounds for sucking donkey balls. Not enough gold? They added daily quests. Not enough quests? 60-70 is packed with them. 1-20 is as well. Travel time bad? Portals in shat.

Needs changing: sub 58s using dark portal. Now that the rush to outland is gone remove the level limit. quests for 20-58 or 30-58 depending on what zones you really like. These need to either give more exp or they need to add more quests. Travel time in old world can still take a while. Speed up the flight paths. Quest item drop rates: retarded idea. If they wanted a time sink make it find 50 livers and have us kill 50 boars instead of 50 boars for 20 livers. I don't mind finding lost shoes from time to time because not everything can be epic but some continuation between zones and quests would be great.

I agree on flight times in the old world, it was fun at first, but now I just wanna fly straight there and stop taking scenic routes.

Or perhaps they could make some changes?

Perhaps they could add some more entertaining quests, or class/race specific quests leading to some sweet rewards?

I know if there was a quest chain starting at level 10 and going all the way until 70 for Rogues that was really engrossing and actually made it seem like you had a purpose other than to retrieve Capt. Fucktard's lost shoes from a murloc, it might not be as bad.

And fix the fucking drop rates.

Seriously. Why is it that out of 20 boars I kill, only 1 has a liver? How are the other 19 alive?

You understand how the drop rate works, right? You might kill 10 boars in a row and get no livers, or you might kill 10 in a row and get livers from all 10. In the end it averages out to whatever Blizzard wanted the drop rate to be. Ever do the Netherwing Crystal quest? It can take 5 minutes, or 50, depending on how lucky/unlucky you are. Shit happens. Suck it up, and stop bitching about it.

Well why don't we spin off assuming this Death Knight rumor is true.

Which races would you think could be capable of being Death Knights? My guess would be

Alliance - Human, Gnome.
Horde - Undead, Blood Elf.

A Gnome Death Knight.

I wouldn't know what to think. Even Alliance players fucking hate Gnomes.

Blizzard Entertainment has filed a US trademark application for the title "Wrath of the Lich King," adding evidence that the rumored title will be the name of a World of Warcraft expansion.

The potential expansion would likely be announced at the company's BlizzCon 2007 convention, which begins tomorrow.

The "Lich King" title refers to a character from Blizzard's most recent RTS Wacraft III and its subsequent expansion, wherein the fallen prince Arthas is fused with the famous orc shaman Ner'zhul, creating a new Lich King to rule the Frozen Throne. In a previous interview, Blizzard creative VP Chris Metzen spoke to the possibility of World of Warcraft players taking down the famed entity.

"Oh yeah, he's gonna get his!" Metzen said in a late 2005 interview with GameSpy. "At level 70? No way! The game has to catch up to him."

Less credible rumors surrounding "Wrath of the Lich King" include a supposed gaff from the European World of Warcraft website, which allegedly saw details of the apparent expansion posted days in advance of its announcement.

The claims include a raise of the current level cap from 70 to 80, a new continent of Northrend, and a new Death Knight class. The new class would be playable by both Alliance and Horde, and could be trained from an existing level 70 character as a specialized hero class.

In any case, it appears that the continent of Northrend is a good candidate for expansion content. As long as we're linking to less-than-credible sites, check out details of the fictional land mass' topography on Wikipedia to prepare yourself for the possible unannounced announcement.

Rumored WoW Expansion Title "Wrath of the Lich King" Filed As US Trademark - Shacknews

A Gnome Death Knight.

I wouldn't know what to think. Even Alliance players fucking hate Gnomes.

I base it on a couple of things. 1. The races in question have to lack enough moral integrity to allow it. Much like there are no Dreanei warlocks. So one could say all the races who could have warlocks would be susceptible to being a Death Knight. You could leave in the orcs, but I would take them out because I would think there would have to be an even number of Horde and Alliance races be allowed to be Death Knights. And lore-wise orcs (Thrall in particular) would be intolerable towards Death Knights and having their ranks in his city. If you did RFC quests you'd see Thrall barely allows warlocks to be in the Horde as is, and trusts them even less. So I doubt orc Death Knights would be acceptable.

It would only cement my mentality to never play Alliance, because I hate gnomes. I hate how they look, and I hate how they pretty much have the only PvP viable racials in the whole faction. No amount of deviate delight of Noggenfogger Elixir can change the fact you're still a gnome.

I'd play a gnome death knight. That would rock. I'm betting on Undead, Orc, Human, and Gnomes unless there are new races added. I'm crossing my fingers for Murlocks. I'd play a murlock prot warrior just so everyone had to hear mrbrlrrrlrlrrrmbrl every 2 seconds when I'm tanking an instance.

I'd play a gnome death knight. That would rock. I'm betting on Undead, Orc, Human, and Gnomes unless there are new races added. I'm crossing my fingers for Murlocks. I'd play a murlock prot warrior just so everyone had to hear mrbrlrrrlrlrrrmbrl every 2 seconds when I'm tanking an instance.

I was thinking the same except Blood Elf instead of Orc, or possibly in addition too.

in the xpac, warlocks can wear plate and have instant no-mana cost no cooldown healing spells
You didn't think this through at all. We don't need to heal ourselves, since we have drain/siphon life. And we damn sure don't care if someone else dies. Hmm, maybe they'll add allies as valid targets for soul drain.

From mmo-champion.com

wolkphoto.jpg

*The dark, necromatic Death Knight - the first new character class added to World of Warcraft since its launch.
*Northrend, the harsh, icy continent where the Lich King holds rule, complete with new zones, quests, items and monsters.
*New level cap of 80 providing access to mighty new powers and talents
*New battlegrounds featuring siege engine warfare and destructable buildings
*Expanding character customisation options including new hairstyles & dances, the ability to change the hairstyles of existing characters, and new skin color variants.

some new builds:

UA/Ruin Lock build. break the DPS meters naked.

Shaman will have some nice enhance/resto builds. shamanisic rage + natures swiftness = wooo

Druid: swiftmending leaders of the pack. I think a fight between a feral/resto druid and holy/prot paladin will now last days instead of hours.

Paladin: tankadins with illumination: dear off tank warriors and druids, we're in your raidz, taking your spots. oh and with even more improved itemization, we're probably going to be in ur raidz taking ur MT spots too.

Back