Best places to farm gold?

folks on irc use a bot you can buy called glider or something like that. i dont recommend it but it allegedly works...

as for the herbalism mats, you may want to carefully check if selling the mats themselves isnt more cash than selling mana pots. just double check.

good old sm-cath runs still rake in quite a bit of money for me. i bought my av wolf yesterday and had 5s leftover. 3 cath runs at about 20-25min per run i had 25g. that is not counting the ~20 stacks of silk cloth i put in the ah for 50-75s per stack. i run library every once in awhile and it seems like i get more blue boe drops over there but less money per run.

TseTse said:
folks on irc use a bot you can buy called glider or something like that. i dont recommend it but it allegedly works...

as for the herbalism mats, you may want to carefully check if selling the mats themselves isnt more cash than selling mana pots. just double check.

I levelled up a character on a friends account using Glider. It's CRAZY

StarZ said:
good old sm-cath runs still rake in quite a bit of money for me. i bought my av wolf yesterday and had 5s leftover. 3 cath runs at about 20-25min per run i had 25g. that is not counting the ~20 stacks of silk cloth i put in the ah for 50-75s per stack. i run library every once in awhile and it seems like i get more blue boe drops over there but less money per run.

I'm so chinese lately that i traded in my AV wolf for a turtle and went BM :)

I've picked up 4 x Recipe: Greater Frost Protection

wo shi ni de ba ba

But seriously, yea, SM is always a rocking spot to farm but really best if you have a good market for silk and alt lowbie gear. If so, it is as good as it gets BUT you need a shitload of bag space to do it right.

Last edited:
what are you using to run cath?

I'm a 54 war and I have a feeling at 60 cath won't be hard to solo (i've only tried grave yard a long time ago and that was easy)

Whoop said:
what are you using to run cath?

I'm a 54 war and I have a feeling at 60 cath won't be hard to solo (i've only tried grave yard a long time ago and that was easy)

It shouldnt be but might depend on class/gear.

FYI - ive now picked up 5 Greater Frost Protection recipes and am selling them "cheap" for 100-150g each.

i run sm on my 60 warrior http://ctprofiles.net/304783 nothing fancy but works fine, just make sure to bank anything you dont need for bag space, i can usually do 4-5 runs before going to sell.

yes i farmed 3 of those greater frost recipes yesterday, decided to check out the demons just up the road, friend and i killed like 6 and got an eye to sell also.. warrior + shaman is easy mode farming

StarZ said:
yes i farmed 3 of those greater frost recipes yesterday, decided to check out the demons just up the road, friend and i killed like 6 and got an eye to sell also.. warrior + shaman is easy mode farming

:brows:

It's really a fun debate as to how to approach selling the frost recipes.

1. Save them until 1.11 and hope prices jack way up?

2. Hold and sell sparingly or else the price on the pots will fall due to so many people having it?

3. Get rid of them now using multiple accounts to inflate price on AH?

My preference is to cash them in now. I may try to have some when 1.11 hits but i highly doubt the price will go up to the price of Fire Resist simply because of how damn easy these are to grind. It might go up BRIEFLY but that's it.

And i dont plan on selling the pots, so fuck em :D

As for the demons...yikes. Those fuckers hiot hard. Thankfully, a chinese guy showed me how to kite them :D

My only question is whether i (hunter) should just keep kiting the Slayers or try to flat out beat the Initiates 1v1?

Last edited:
I don't think prices will jack up and stay there simply because it's not like MC where any newb can get 40 people together and run a raid. Naxx will basically be full of the elite guilds on each server and for a short time some of the other guilds will give it a go but I think they'll quickly bow out and gear up in MC/BWL/AQ before trying again. Because of this, the weaker guilds won't have as much use for the recipe BUT people in those guilds that are smart will stockpile elemental water and/or greater frost protection pots to sell to the lazy people in big raiding guilds that don't farm their own so they can still cash in.

StarZ said:
i run sm on my 60 warrior http://ctprofiles.net/304783 nothing fancy but works fine, just make sure to bank anything you dont need for bag space, i can usually do 4-5 runs before going to sell.

Why oh why are you using two daggers instead of TUF?

Sub40 said:
I don't think prices will jack up and stay there simply because it's not like MC where any newb can get 40 people together and run a raid. Naxx will basically be full of the elite guilds on each server and for a short time some of the other guilds will give it a go but I think they'll quickly bow out and gear up in MC/BWL/AQ before trying again. Because of this, the weaker guilds won't have as much use for the recipe BUT people in those guilds that are smart will stockpile elemental water and/or greater frost protection pots to sell to the lazy people in big raiding guilds that don't farm their own so they can still cash in.

This is my assessment as well, although it sounds like folks did pretty damn well in Naxx with the premades (and no pots) on the Test server.

Nonetheless, i figure it's time to cash in on the Frost recipes now (and into the 1.11 patch release) without assuming the prices will stay up. This recipe is fuckin easy to get... so im delighted when i get 100g or more for it.

I now just farm for an hour or two a day in winterspring.... killing Frostmaul Giants and then the Demons. I have to train the demons on the road but the good news is... other players who see me tend to stop and help! hehehe

I just cashed my first Eye of Shadow for a "cheap" 250g.

I'm also back on the Fadeleaf circuit (i had dropped herbalism for mining to get my twinks engineering). It is on the AH for 40-60s each. I sell them in pairs for 70s... and the shit sells fast. I never put more than 6 up at a time so that i dont lower the overall AH prices.

What's a good place to farm @ 44?

I just dinged my Rogue tonight and i'm wanting to test out my Phantom Blade in a good area. Is SM graveyard soloable @ 44? I've heard contradicting stories from several people as to whether or not the mobs are Elite or not..

GraphiX said:
What's a good place to farm @ 44?

I just dinged my Rogue tonight and i'm wanting to test out my Phantom Blade in a good area. Is SM graveyard soloable @ 44? I've heard contradicting stories from several people as to whether or not the mobs are Elite or not..

when you first zone in, SM GY has a small hallway and 1 square room with like 33-35 elites.. if you pass these, it opens up into a graveyard and there's a few 34 elites i think that roam around? and a bunch of non elite patrols that respawn pretty quick

Tse what's your routine for farming elites? more spec. the demons for eye of shadow

i've dropped my warrior and going full time hunter, i'd like to farm those demons at 60 and trade an eye if i get one for the sinew

Surge said:
Tse what's your routine for farming elites? more spec. the demons for eye of shadow

i've dropped my warrior and going full time hunter, i'd like to farm those demons at 60 and trade an eye if i get one for the sinew

Trade for what sinew? I thought the sinew stuff was all BoP but ive been out of the loop on hunters for like 6 months. My only regret in having stopped raiding is not getting a Leaf for this hunter first. :(

Anyways...

Kite the Slayers. It takes me about 4mins per mob but it is piss-easy.

I grab a high DPS pet and turn off taunts on it. I start off with a conc + aimed + immolation trap. Get into Cheetah and stay in Cheetah. Tag distract shots at times. Once you get the burst of taunts going just stick to concussion shots and maybe some serpent stings.

I train them straight back down the road. Off-hours, i have little trouble with getting ganked.

44 kills - one eye of shadow, bunch of greens, average cash: 18s

Last edited:
leetdemon said:
ive had 2 accounts banned using glider...

Then you're either on a real high pop server and using well known spots / being stupid about youre gliding. It's almost impossible to get banned if you take the correct safety measures.

Back