Best places to farm gold?

I found that the SM GY is great for 40s and 50s but tapers off on time/reward as you gain in level; a 55 mob has >= money and lootz as the elites in the GY. Now if you want really easy, consistant money, hit up silithus for the scorpions. Each of their crappy scorpid bloods, scorpid pincers etc sell for about 20s, and they also drop all kinds of other crap. I also have made a fortune farming essence of air in the NW corner of silithus, as on Frostmane and Dark Iron they are averaging anywhere from 10g to 30g EACH. The drop rate seems to be about one every 30 mins, but can burst all over (ex I had 6 drop in 10 mins). Deadwind Pass is always good - the carrion drop really expensive feathers etc and the ogres drop up to 20s each - and the Winterfall bear people in Winterspring dropped a Hurricane and Hammer of the Northern Wind for me in 3 kills. Lastly, depending on the server, it might be best to get 5-6 guildies and run Living strat. I've been doing this recently, and we're averaging 4-5 righteous orbs per run, which are all selling for 100g each within 6 hrs, at about 1 hour a run. You either sell them on the AH directly, or have an enchanter DE the blues that drop and offer straight crusader at 200g a pop, which is going to save people on most servers about 100g. We're raking in money doing it simply because every enchanter is too lazy to farm their own mats, and charge mats + 15g/10g/20g etc. Just find a market that is being exploited, and put the time in to undercut them.

FalseMyrmidon said:
I can't do that because I'll just get ganked :/

That's half of the problem I have with grind farming, every time I actually start to get going some faggot starts pvping me which completely throws me off. I either have to keep fighting him or go to another spot which sucks either way.

That's also a big thing with me, if the competition is hot for a given farming spot, I'm way too lazy to fight back, so I spend my time constantly bouncing between widely seperated farming spots.

As for Eskhander, I won't deny that it works (and grinds remarkably fast...on last night's DM West run with daishinzo and company I went from 291 Unarmed to 298 in the space of an hour just spamming HS), but it's just so...goofy. I'll definitely use it, but I'm still holding out for a Quel'Serrar somewhere down the line because it's fucking pimp.

Maybe if I have time in the summer I'll just grind to Commander and get the cheap PvP epic + the low-end PvP gear. With the limited time I'll have to play now that classes are back in session, I'll probably just focus on my Warlock, because from 45-50 a ZF run will net me about 80% of a level per night, and once I hit 51 I can just mill around AV until I'm high enough for UBRS/BRD/Scholo/Strat/DM.

Herbalism > * for cash farming. Too bad I dropped it a couple weeks ago to pick up enchanting for some nexus shards. A couple hours in azshara nets 50-75g worth of dreamfoil and if lucky another 50-75g in silversage. Grab some sansam up there as well and major healing pots sell like hotcakes and when market is down it's more profitable than selling the herbs in stacks.

If you know the timers and locations, black lotus sells on Tichondrius for 12-15g a pop. Unfortunately I'm normally the person buying it and haven't ever sold any in favor of using them for flasks for raids.

SM Strat is great, can 2 or 3-man it and sell orbs for about 100g apiece.

Water elementals in felwood have a good drop rate for essence of water at 8-10g apiece, air elementals in silithus not as good drop rate but still enough to be profitable. You can also farm the twilight camps and make a killing selling the pages to people buying them for faction. If I wasn't a priest I'd be all over that, just too slow a grind for me.

jk5k giving away all the uber-hot spots :D

Ive spent countless hours in deadwind. I should try the silithus scorpids (i ahve tons of blood in a bank slot somewhere).

As for running strat i agree is awesome if you can make it a quick run. A guild on malganis i was in farmed it eternally... and it was always good cash, especially if you also have somebody disenchanting.

Sub40 said:
Herbalism > * for cash farming. Too bad I dropped it a couple weeks ago to pick up enchanting for some nexus shards. A couple hours in azshara nets 50-75g worth of dreamfoil and if lucky another 50-75g in silversage. Grab some sansam up there as well and major healing pots sell like hotcakes and when market is down it's more profitable than selling the herbs in stacks.

If you know the timers and locations, black lotus sells on Tichondrius for 12-15g a pop. Unfortunately I'm normally the person buying it and haven't ever sold any in favor of using them for flasks for raids.

I'm a big fan of herbalism. Thankfully not enough people farm with it for AH sales.

Ive made big cash selling dreamfoil, fadeleaf, ghost mushrooms, etc.

If you know your server well, when demand it there and what the patterns are... you can make easy, fast cash with just a little farming here/there... or rake in big cash with some systemic farming.

I have a lvl 56ish rogue that just does mining/herbalism for me and i kept him (on malganis) in un goro. I also used to do an hour or so of fadeleaf farming on Dark Iron which was always solid daily cash flow (id also buy out any/all cheap fadeleaf to keep prices up). On DI, i made several hundred G a week from just herbs, without much effort.

I havent really farmed black lotus before (werent they BoP for a while?).

Sub40 said:
SM Strat is great, can 2 or 3-man it and sell orbs for about 100g apiece.

Water elementals in felwood have a good drop rate for essence of water at 8-10g apiece, air elementals in silithus not as good drop rate but still enough to be profitable. You can also farm the twilight camps and make a killing selling the pages to people buying them for faction. If I wasn't a priest I'd be all over that, just too slow a grind for me.

Well, another good thing about alchemy... transmutes. I forget which transmute i had going daily but i tihnk it was water to air or something like that. Maybe earth to air. I dont remember, but i had more constant revenue from that as well.

If you know the market, perhaps know some alchemist to work with, try to leverage the Essences for daily cash.

It was better cash than arcanite transmutes, that much i remember.

I bought a Essence of Undeath for 1g and sold it for 4g and Bindings of Elements for 10g and sold them for 20g. Go me!
And I won a roll on 2 Living Essence in a DM East run. Sold for 14g. :D Also a Libram of Voracity dropped while farming in WPL, sold that for 30g.

This was all in about 6 hours accumulated playtime.

Osiris said:
I bought a Essence of Undeath for 1g and sold it for 4g and Bindings of Elements for 10g and sold them for 20g. Go me!
And I won a roll on 2 Living Essence in a DM East run. Sold for 14g. :D Also a Libram of Voracity dropped while farming in WPL, sold that for 30g.

This was all in about 6 hours accumulated playtime.

Are you fucking kidding me? 14g? I have 2 in the bank and they go for like 1g apeice on my server if you are lucky.

BTW this may sound a little low lvl but the 39-40 elite ogres in Alterac drop 4-10s apeice. They die and spawn pretty fast.

And then on my server, Livings go for 12-14g.... each.

I've got 4 in the bank (had 8) because I was planning on lifestealing ench. but some parts are cost prohibitive. Its been been profitable to sell at 12-13g on the AH and 14 when someone is WTB

The fireguts are a bit harder but theres atleast as many of them and they also drop rune. Its not a cash cow but its prly a lil better than the highlands ones.

i believe Librams of Constitution and Resilience are the top sellers.

If you find those cheap, ALWAYS buy them instantly... (this is a way to make a small fortune on new servers... and im not kidding)

Back in Sept when DI server was getting started, i bought about 5-6 Resil librams for under 40g. I wish i had bought more... i wish i had also bought Constitution and other librams with all available cash.

Each Resil is now worth 75-110g depending on day of week (mostly). I think the Const ones are around the same. Some servers these are selling for 150+.

If you have a mind for long-term investments and are on a new server... those are always a solid investment in those first weeks when people hit 60 and dont care to save them (and cant expect to sell them for real value). Seriously, you will see these selling for like 2g each.

Yes, you can have only 1 per char. So, make a lot of dummy chars... and mail them.

Last edited:
Back