Best places to farm gold?

filsinger said:
pretty sure they nurfed the drops/upped the difficulty of the mobs a couple patches ago.

Someone else in my guild said that, and then I made 130g in 1.5 hrs

so

take it for what it's worth. Also, I farm the front mobs, along the top, then back to the W watchtower, all near the front of the area.

I am somewhat geared, so it makes it quite a bit easier. Each fight lasts approximately 14seconds and I do, on average, 360-380dps to each guy, so I plow through the things quite quickly.

gold is pretty cheap now due to the DM exploit.
can get 1k for 50$ on my server atm. farming is for poor people.

It kinda irks me. Blizzard drags this game out intentionally, and all too often it is more than apparent than in some areas that increased fun (but also increased items and gold) has been stretched out, and are now not as rewarding.

It's like they *want* you to purchase gold, or spend 3x the time playing the game. But then they talk about the issues of playing their game too much, and how dangerous it can be, and install all these ways to prevent you from overplaying or to assist you.

I bet Blizz has an azn farmer team working for them to sell gold under the table.

I think the TP hax they are speaking of are third party programs that have been around forever and result in an immediate perma ban if found.

I'm a chump and don't buy gold because I'm cheap.

As Warrior, since I can't stun (except for Charge and Intercept, lawlz), stealth, or AoE worth a crap (except for Sweeping Strikes -> Whirlwind, lawlz), I mostly just farm herbs for money.

i still believe farming SM GY is a good gig, if the server has active lowbie scene.

there are soem mega threads here on all the good spots and options. check them out.

also, dont underestimate the AH & things like transmutes for profit. if you are a hard-core 24/7 farmer then it might make sense to focus on raw mob drop farming at high lvls but imo that isnt the only way to make solid cash.

if you dont do it hard core (tyr's hand, etc), then i think it's sorta inconsistent. whereas i have found that careful analysis of a server's market might show you that there are some things which bring in consistent, amazing cash per hour. and several things you can do daily ALONG WITH traditional farming.

for example, on one server i made fuckloads per day doing transmutes and selling a few items like fadeleaf. i also at one point decided to grind skinning to get my own Black Dragonscales and was shocked at how much cash i made just grinding skinning (and selling the top leather tier stuff on the AH).

imo, sitting in a place like Tyr's hand and just grinding isnt your only option. if you want to do that, fine, but consider combining it with other constant profit ventures.

edit: or just buy gold like other pussies :D

Big Dick Dudley said:
i just rechecked prices, its dropped to $80/1500 now. It was at $80/1000 for the longest time before.
grats dude you can get 1000g for under $40 at a bunch of places

Back