Post your Shadowbane names/servers here.

Falhawk said:
lots of people DO max con first.
depends on the character IMO. I just rerolled my character and did nothing but DEX till i maxed it at 140. Now ill pump CON till its maxed.

Falhawk said:
how you're able to hit from levels 1-20 doesn't mean dick.

max con early, int too if you're able.
sure it does, it means alot. it means you can kill mobs faster and level faster. After lvl 21 just find a guild or group with the TW people and then start pumping CON.

I was at the huge fight last night on DEATH. Name was Ruskan lvl 6 dwarf warrior. Was the only dwarf there.

Falhawk said:
lots of people DO max con first.

I'm level 29 and my con is 54. I've died a total of three times. Last night a red monster 2-hit me, so I might start pumping it up a little bit at this point, but it certainly isn't necessary to max con first.

Just a little personal anecdote.

I am a 26 confessor... I maxed out spirit to 115 because I thought for healing classes that spirit was the determinant in damage and all that

Now that I know better I have been pumping up my int every level... it's like 70 something now... I was planning on raising in every level... I don't have any kind of int rune... Should I just keep raising int like this? What kind of runes should I try to get? Thanks

i dont see a reason to pump INT early in the game. Once CON is maxed then ill Go for INT and searcg for a godly INT rune and maybe a STR rune.

MaD_ReBeL said:
i dont see a reason to pump INT early in the game. Once CON is maxed then ill Go for INT and searcg for a godly INT rune and maybe a STR rune.

What would you define as a "godly" int rune... where would I find one, how much is reasonable to pay for one? What's a good way to make money? As a caster, should I be pumping up int now?

hey fagmo im in irc right now, talk to me for a bit before i leave for workzville

SadiStick said:
hey fagmo im in irc right now, talk to me for a bit before i leave for workzville

I am in class now =( I will have a busy night so not too much playing tonite... Class til 2, Doc appt at 4:45, lab at 6:30-8:30

My biggest problem is that spells often miss higher lvl mobs... and in general the spells aren't strong enough... I have a huge shitload of mana though

Anything I can do about this? What is the best route for a confessor? Lifetaps + Health to mana Conversion + Snare ? Nukes? DOTs?

Aestis said:
What would you define as a "godly" int rune... where would I find one, how much is reasonable to pay for one? What's a good way to make money? As a caster, should I be pumping up int now?
a caster? i cant speak authoritatively on casters yet, only assasins ;). I would think spirit and INT would be your most important but wtf do i know.

As for INT runes ive heard about +10 INT runes, +5 INT +5 to max INT. Those i would consider uber.

Also, how does my rank in thaumaturgy affect all my spells in general? Is is a spells effectiveness determined only by the rank of that spell? Training is incredibly expensive now and my gear sucks

Also, I already have light armor up to around 41... but now I have medium armor available as a trainable skill. Should I go ahead and focus on medium armor for the added defense or should I keep up with the light armor since I have already put some points into it?

Thanks in advance

MaD_ReBeL said:
a caster? i cant speak authoritatively on casters yet, only assasins ;). I would think spirit and INT would be your most important but wtf do i know.

As for INT runes ive heard about +10 INT runes, +5 INT +5 to max INT. Those i would consider uber.

Someone was selling a +5 int rune +20 max int but I didn't get a price... I saw people asking for a 80%+ dagger... I have one... how much should I sell an 82% dagger for?

I got a +6/+25 Dex rune. It cost 9 ability points to equip. So if you're gonna buy a rune from someone, you might want to have some ability points in reserve so that you can equip it.

ZugZug said:
I got a +6/+40 Dex rune. It cost 9 ability points to equip. So if you're gonna buy a rune from someone, you might want to have some ability points in reserve so that you can equip it.

What are ability points? Are those training points? I have like 40 training points... but what are ability points and how do you get them?

Back