Warlock buffs next patch. by ZProtoss - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Warlock buffs next patch.
Page 8 of 8
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
141 - 03-10-2005, 16:25
druids and mages often forget

and expecting a mage to dispel **** in a huge fight is a stretch
sure you can make a taget self, last target macro but most idiots dont

Sponsored Links
Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
142 - 03-10-2005, 16:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbiticus
So, has the question been answered as to how warlocks can stack better than mages, priests or hunters (which is the real issue here in order to have a reason to have more than 1 warlock in a group), or what kind of situations warlocks accel at over other classes? I'm interested to see if you warlocks can answer that, because I havn't seen a lot of explaination on the subject, but rather lots of subject changing and useless rambling.

Basically, what would make 5 warlocks better than 5 mages, or 5 priests, or 5 hunters given 35 other balanced members of a raid party? How about in the specific situations of what battlegrounds will likely consist of, which are defending/capturing fortified objectives?

Also a quick question - if warlock pets are considered demons, can warlocks of the opposing factions enslave your infernal or doomguard or what have you?
That's exactly it, a pvp group can probably get by with 1 Warlock (if it were greater than 5, if its a 5man, Warlock = a waste), like I've said a million times but some people want to make us out to be on the level of the other classes, when we just aren't. We have a very minor role and even though we have a big bag of tricks, we aren't very focused on 1 particular area, so other classes that specialize in there role contribute much more to teamplay then a Warlock that has a bazillion half-assed tricks. I don't care what numbers they pull out of there ass.

Also, I believe a Warlock from either faction can enslave a loose demon. It becomes an enemy, so as long as no one taps it, its whoever enslaves it first.

Last edited by Blotter; 03-10-2005 at 18:19..
StreakinMe
VeteranX
Old
143 - 03-10-2005, 18:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forensic
if your super great secret sword of storms owning the server tactic is to dot people, not to kill them, but just to make them "back off"....

why not use priests to dot?

Shadow Word: Pain (INSTANT cast)
A word of darkness that causes 852 Shadow damage over 18 sec.
Improved Shadow Word:Pain talent ups this to 993 damage over 21 seconds.
Shadoweaving talent increases this by 3% to 1023 damage over 21 seconds.
Shadowform talent ups this to 1176 damage over 21 seconds.
Add in a Vampiric embrace and this spell also heals your entire party for 235 damage per person.

Corruption (2.5 second cast)
Corrupts the target, causing 666 Shadow damage over 27 sec.
With shadow mastery this becomes 733 damage over 27 seconds.
With improved corruption you can make it a .5 second cast...

... but big deal! Shadow Word:Pain is already instant, no talents neccesary

SWP kicks corruption's ass.

Priests also have mind blast, the best nuke in the game, as well as heals, shield, mind flay, mind control...

And then they put on their dreadmist robe and own even more!

it's official, warlocks suck and they don't deserve dreadmist. give it to the shadowpriests plz

btw hobbs i am level 47 now suck it

oh and zentse, no one makes a warrior to do damage rofl. yes mages do damage... warriors..? you noob :>
Have fun solo'ing the endgame because nobody in their right mind will fill up a raid slot with a shadow priest.

Last edited by StreakinMe; 03-10-2005 at 18:23..
Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
144 - 03-10-2005, 19:05
bahaha right...

those dots are better for onyxia than a warlocks dots btw.
and uh, being a priest, no matter what your spec, is going to get you that raid slot.

Last edited by Blotter; 03-10-2005 at 19:13..
Hobbiticus
VeteranX
Old
145 - 03-10-2005, 19:26
Blotter, I'm asking if you summoned an infernal, WHILE IT IS STILL enslaved to one warlock, can another enslave it? Or can you only enslave when it's not enslaved by someone else? Or say your infernal breaks its shackles and an enemy taps it, can you still regain control?

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
146 - 03-10-2005, 19:36
Ah, no, it can't be enslaved by anyone if it is currently enslaved. It usually stays enslaved ~5 minutes or so, then breaks. At that time, if anyone attacks it, it becomes tapped and unable to be enslaved by anyone.

Each Warlock can cast an Inferno if they have the spell, you can't summon anything "while it is still enslaved", it doesn't make sense, er maybe I'm hearing it wrong and the simple answer is no. You cast it, its automatically enslaved to you, it breaks in a few minutes, you then have to enslave it, and keep enslaving it as it breaks. It's a pain in the ass...

You can however, "steal" someone elses pet if they don't enslave it in time, they aren't bound to anyone in particular, but they will attack the last person who enslaved them when they break.

Last edited by Blotter; 03-10-2005 at 19:40..
Brofam
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
147 - 03-11-2005, 03:41
Am I the only warlock that uses a vw in pvp for their damage shield? cuz at lvl 47 right now, it gives me 1150 shielded.

ZenTseTse
VeteranX
Old
148 - 03-11-2005, 05:08
i actually agree with some of blotters points

i think a big pvp raid wouldnt need more then 2-3 good warlocks. a group of 20 perhaps no more than 2. while i think they have a major role to play, that role does NOT grow with the size of the team in terms of the dynamics at play in group pvp. in a 40-man team, perhaps 3 warlocks... but perhaps 5 mages or rogues or whatever.

i think as the scale grows, the roles shift dramatically. in small group pvp i wouldnt place much emphasis on rogues oddly enough... but as the scale gets bigger and bigger i think they become more and more important, etc.

and demon enslaving has been such a pain in the ass (primariyl cuz it can be dispelled) that you rarely every see a doomguard or infernal in pvp (in my experience, at least).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brofam
Am I the only warlock that uses a vw in pvp for their damage shield? cuz at lvl 47 right now, it gives me 1150 shielded.

maybe if you spec demonology it would continue to be great.

in the 40s, it's sorta debatable but you really cant go wrong having a succubus for pvp, but you are right in that the VW is a VERY nice option for those flash 1v1 situations.

i just wouldnt get too used to it unless doing full demonology...

Last edited by ZenTseTse; 03-11-2005 at 05:13..
FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
149 - 03-11-2005, 07:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy
druids and mages often forget

and expecting a mage to dispel **** in a huge fight is a stretch
sure you can make a taget self, last target macro but most idiots dont
Why would I need one of those? I use selfcast...

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
150 - 03-11-2005, 07:32
Sounds to me like you're saying Warlocks need buffing. I think they do too. Thanks.

Voidsinger
VeteranX
Old
151 - 03-11-2005, 09:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakinMe
Have fun solo'ing the endgame because nobody in their right mind will fill up a raid slot with a shadow priest.

Hobbiticus
VeteranX
Old
152 - 03-11-2005, 10:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenTseTse
while i think they have a major role to play, that role does NOT grow with the size of the team in terms of the dynamics at play in group pvp.
And that role is.... ?

Daemon
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
153 - 03-11-2005, 10:17
We use 2 warlocks team enslaving a doomguard for Magmadar in MC. Don't think you're useless.. warlocks own, imo

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
154 - 03-11-2005, 12:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brofam
I still solo with my VW for sacrifice. It has saved me a ton from being ganked, even at 60. I can usually finish off the mob and still kill the dumb**** who keeps attacking me even though I'm bubbled.

I'll use succubus vs humanoids, thats about it...

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
155 - 03-11-2005, 12:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbiticus
And that role is.... ?
"support"

aka, pass out healthstones, throw a debuff on the mob for mages, and make sure ur priest is soulstoned. fun fun

I sound a lot more bitter than I am. I really like the whole warlock dealy and the style, I just feel really underpowered compared to what others contribute and I can't believe they're putting us off again, so ****in wrong.

Even with that dispel fix, I don't want to worry about enslaving a demon that's pounding on me after it breaks (when there could be multiple alliance just waiting for it to happen), and then wasting a shard, when I can have a less hassle of a pet that does a good job too. This will just not fly in PvP when I can't get f'n shards unless I want to spend an hour and go farm bull****.

i cry

Last edited by Blotter; 03-11-2005 at 13:01..
Daemon
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
156 - 03-11-2005, 13:15
Yeah, it seems like locks are in kind of the same boat as druids atm. Can do lots of cool **** thats really useful, just no punch, no power.

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
157 - 03-11-2005, 13:37
at least they're good healers, have the best buff in the game, and can res. that's a **** ton more than a warlock can do.

Hobbiticus
VeteranX
Old
158 - 03-11-2005, 14:45
I mean what's the warlock's role in pvp? Soulstoning and passing around mana/health stones take time that you won't have on the battlefield.

Also, druids are good for roots, faerie fire (on rogues only), healing, and filling in holes in the roster, possibly due to mid-battle deaths or just the lack of a class. They also compliment rogues well by being able to steath with them and heal when needed.

Blotter
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
159 - 03-11-2005, 15:17
little bit of crowd control (fear/seduce), curse of tongues slows down mages casting time, summoning classes that matter to the fight is our best asset lol.

then its either dot people up (w/agony+corruption+immolate ), debuff for the mages (curse of shadow - lowers shadow/arcane resists - or elements - lowers fire/frost resists) then spam with shadowbolt. kind of secondary dps with a little bit of cc and utility.

nothing that is necessary basically. summons > *.

i will say a mage+warlock combo is nice (good for small PvE groups too if you have the healers), mages are the class we compliment best, and if you can work good with a mage, its a decent combo, but we are merely supporting cast to there lead role. we'll debuff for them and we'll do secondary ae.

Last edited by Blotter; 03-11-2005 at 15:20..
Page 8 of 8

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > World of Warcraft
Reload this Page Warlock buffs next patch.

Social Website Bullshit