Justice Points and the Softcap

Valor Point items
valorpointprice.jpg

Justice Point items.
justicepointprice.jpg

Drug out of some old MMO champ posts. Might clear up a few things.

4000 JP is a lot of heroics. Cata heroics aren't like WOTLK. They take prob an hour...unlike 12-15 min now. I would get the most you can now.

Maybe, but my point stands even when I misgauged the ilvls for the gear (187 blues were heroic-entry in WtoLK, 200 blues/purples were raid-entry). At the cap you can have one or two pieces, and there's a reasonable chance you would find comparable in heroics. Combine that with RFD and unlimited queue'ing (versus beginning for Wrath when you had one of each heroic a day) it will be quicker than in the past.

Then again I did have the "Loot 500 Emblems of Heroism" achievement on my paladin back before they mashed them all into one achievement so maybe I am a bit immune to the seeming mental anguish others feel for grinding the same dungeons tirelessly to get ready for raids. Besides I only have a couple hundred on my paladin and he's get more than enough tanking gear to see him through the first couple of Cata dungeons. Trying to get to cap now would be a waste of time and I'm enjoying my other toons.

4000 JP is a lot of heroics. Cata heroics aren't like WOTLK. They take prob an hour...unlike 12-15 min now. I would get the most you can now.

wotlk heroics only take 10-15 minutes because of the T10 gear people have now. When a single DPS can put out 3x more than an entire group did back when they started, you'll finish faster. Not to mention that half the trash has been removed.

wotlk heroics only take 10-15 minutes because of the T10 gear people have now. When a single DPS can put out 3x more than an entire group did back when they started, you'll finish faster. Not to mention that half the trash has been removed.

Yeah. People will need explanations of every fight, and not everyone will get it. Like interrupting first boss of SFK or CCing the trog at the first boss of GB. Its gonna be a mess for a few weeks. Easier to get the points now. I hope I can buy my way past most of it, ie craftables, JPs.

Last edited:
Yeah. People will need explanations of every fight, and not everyone will get it. Like interrupting first boss of SFK or CCing the trog at the first boss of GB. Its gonna be a mess for a few weeks. Easier to get the points now. I hope I can buy my way past most of it, ie craftables, JPs.

Maybe, I remember when Wrath first came out I was selling Arctic Furs for a good 2000g a pop.

Whats the minimum level to buy the next crafting level? 450 is the current max, so 425? i just need to make sure all my toons are at that level at least :D.

Yea I wouldn't bother going beyond 425. Worst case you buy some cheap mats as people try to sell it during the last week.

Thought I'd throw this in here amidst a trade "discussion" on the JP cap. I was citing with a cap you could get one larger 346-blue or two smaller 346-blues, and that it would make getting into raids that much easier (in theory). Two people cited two different rumors.

1. There are 351-blues in heroics marked "heroic"
2. Each heroic run will net you roughly 750 JP

One I google'd, couldn't find anything. Given the difficulty of what heroics are going to be I'd be skeptical they would implement special "hard-mode" loot for it. Two seems pretty stupid, some rough math would yield you a free JP heroic blue after 2 - 3 heroic runs. That seems entirely too easy to me to get people ready for raids.

gogogo.

Thought I'd throw this in here amidst a trade "discussion" on the JP cap. I was citing with a cap you could get one larger 346-blue or two smaller 346-blues, and that it would make getting into raids that much easier (in theory). Two people cited two different rumors.

1. There are 351-blues in heroics marked "heroic"
2. Each heroic run will net you roughly 750 JP

One I google'd, couldn't find anything. Given the difficulty of what heroics are going to be I'd be skeptical they would implement special "hard-mode" loot for it. Two seems pretty stupid, some rough math would yield you a free JP heroic blue after 2 - 3 heroic runs. That seems entirely too easy to me to get people ready for raids.

gogogo.

2-3 runs seems about right for a blue entry-level item since right now it only takes ~10 to get T10

I dunno, I just remember doing a good 6 - 8 heroics to get heroism emblem stuff back during Naxx/EoE. Two to three seems a bit too easy, at least make it 4 - 6 per piece. Unless the heroics themselves offer more specialized gear and the JP stuff is more general in terms of spec/stats.

Back