Fuckin Brewfest

I don't recall ever seeing Atreides post in this sub forum apart from now, and he is completely missing the point. They already implemented a Need before Greed system when it comes to loot in dungeons and raids, how hard would it be to tweak it so that Shaman tier gear doesn't drop in VoA when no Shamans are in the raid? It makes absolutely no sense.

That's a foolish and selfish take on it. You can't cite their changes on quest drops, and be making a point on rare drops from special occasions or raid drops. They did that for quest drops because killing plainstriders for two hours for their heads that have a 15% drop rate is fucking stupid, and people called them on it because it sucks.

But to address a point or two, raid drops are shared among the group, and in a 25 man, you are very likely to have 9, if not all 10 of the classes represented, in a 10, 7 is more likely. Dropping gear that nobody needs is very subjective. At what point does the game start deciding nobody needs it? What if somebody wants to build an off set? What if they are building a set for something they want to main spec?

Also, very few items are dropped that are meant for one class, and one class alone. Who cares if it isn't ideal for a hunter, or that it is leather for an enh shaman, cloth for a holy paly or resto druid, etc. Basically, just because they might have the item, or the item isn't in the proper armor class, or whatnot, or you don't have a class that it would be absolutely ideal for attending, doesn't mean it is a worthless drop.

Just because gear YOU want doesn't drop, doesn't make it flawed. The drops per boss are set in percentage brackets, so some things, like trinkets and back pieces, drop at a lower rate than other gear, simply because they decided to make those a linchpin for returning to the fight. The other solution would have been to drop more loot. Which would make the whole raid gear much faster, but would also diminish interest in the fights faster, as many people, after the first two months or so, are only going for the gear and for the incomplete progression fights.

As for rare drops like the ram. They're rare for a reason. They aren't going to scale your drop chances for it as you loot more and more brewfest bags. Wah, you didn't get it. Because its rare. They did you a favor this year by at least giving everybody an equal chance to get it, instead of making it a single drop and having to roll on it.

In short, you QQ for no reason besides wanting something that really doesn't even matter. Please, keep wanting things handed to you on a silver platter. Its half the reason 90% of the raid content in WotLK was laughable except for a few of the hard modes, and they gave 200 and 219 epics to anybody who cared to join a 5-man.

You crit me with a wall of text for OVER 9000!!!

And you entirely missed my point.

I never once complained that the Brewfest Ram wasn't dropping. I already have the ram; I earned it the hard way in 2007.

The point is that any loot system that rewards a unique, untradeable, rare item that I already own is stupid, redundant, and hopelessly flawed.

It's common to run a 25 VoA pug and have a piece of loot drop for the only class not in the raid -- for several weeks in a row. Flawed loot system.

These are just 2 examples among many. I shouldn't need to explain to you how a complete lack of reward is a failure in game design.

Random loot is too random?

wtf.

It's RANDOM. This is the dumbest gripe. Seriously.

You want random? Try the red whelpling from the red whelps in the wetlands. My coworker spent 10 minutes there, killed less than 15 and got it. My friend (who is a pet addict) is rounding kill #8000 and probably spent close to a year farming those whelps and without a single drop.

And for complaining, you ain't seen nothing yet. Wait until a bulk of players get to 85 after cataclysm and they start to QQ because it is "too hard" when they have to use CC and kill priorities and can't sit there and spam their AoE button and watch TV.

It puts a huge smile on my face from ear to ear when Feannag talks about other "retards" in this game

You want random? Try the red whelpling from the red whelps in the wetlands. My coworker spent 10 minutes there, killed less than 15 and got it. My friend (who is a pet addict) is rounding kill #8000 and probably spent close to a year farming those whelps and without a single drop.

And for complaining, you ain't seen nothing yet. Wait until a bulk of players get to 85 after cataclysm and they start to QQ because it is "too hard" when they have to use CC and kill priorities and can't sit there and spam their AoE button and watch TV.

So fucking true.

It's called RNG for a reason. From the looks of it, this will be the second year I haven't gotten any of the mounts.

Last edited:
I never fixated on them to begin with. My only toon who had the ram is one I rarely use, and the two kodos I got were on that same toon with a ram and a second toon I don't use often. If you really want the meta just buy fresh hops for 2 tokens, if you really want the mount then then may the RNG gods smile on you for Blizzard will not.

And people complain about the drop-rate now, but last year they complained when it did drop they had to compete with four other people to get it even if you had five chances a day. And that's all pretty optimal, I remember more than a few times you had a douchebag who would "go last" and when it was their turn they would alt-F4 out to look like a disconnect or flat out leave to get more chances.

outside of feannags rambling on like a retard

i do this everyday on 4 chars, i never get anything besides frosts, except my paladin and priest both have a remote now, which I've had for... 2 years now?

I guess the crux is, I don't really have a problem with the entire situation. I'm not wholly concerned if something drops that is not useful to anybody in raid, because more often than not, something does. I can think of a few examples where it was irritating for me personally, but thats just the way it is. I never did end up getting H DFO before my guild stopped raiding. Or the H Sind ring, or the H VD cloak, or a lot of things. But really, does my not getting the loot I want really necessitate them having to change the loot system, to suit me? I think its fine the way it is. I don't see a huge benefit (or detriment for that matter) to having every single fight you do absolutely requiring a reward that somebody can use. The system is the way it is, because its really the only way to ensure equal loot. There are ways of gaming the system, to a moderate degree at the very least, if it is changed to do what you guys want.

Edit: I also don't have the ram, on any toon. And only the kodo on my main.

I guess the crux is, I don't really have a problem with the entire situation. I'm not wholly concerned if something drops that is not useful to anybody in raid, because more often than not, something does. I can think of a few examples where it was irritating for me personally, but thats just the way it is. I never did end up getting H DFO before my guild stopped raiding. Or the H Sind ring, or the H VD cloak, or a lot of things. But really, does my not getting the loot I want really necessitate them having to change the loot system, to suit me? I think its fine the way it is. I don't see a huge benefit (or detriment for that matter) to having every single fight you do absolutely requiring a reward that somebody can use. The system is the way it is, because its really the only way to ensure equal loot. There are ways of gaming the system, to a moderate degree at the very least, if it is changed to do what you guys want.

Edit: I also don't have the ram, on any toon. And only the kodo on my main.

It's fine that it doesn't matter to you; but that just means you're not a logical thinker. To anyone who is, it's fucking maddening that you could run VOA10 for 2 months and potentially never see a single piece of loot drop for anyone in the raid. I don't care if shit I already have drops, or shit out of spec for someone drops, but when 3 Sham pieces drop and there is no Shaman in the raid, that is fucking infuriating. (and has been an issue since WoW began).

It's why I call VoA the Loot Lotto. Don't go in there expecting a drop, or even to win it if something does. You go in there for your four frost emblems and if you get lucky you get a piece of gear. But going in expecting to get drops/gear is an exercise in futility.

It's fine that it doesn't matter to you; but that just means you're not a logical thinker. To anyone who is, it's fucking maddening that you could run VOA10 for 2 months and potentially never see a single piece of loot drop for anyone in the raid. I don't care if shit I already have drops, or shit out of spec for someone drops, but when 3 Sham pieces drop and there is no Shaman in the raid, that is fucking infuriating. (and has been an issue since WoW began).

lol, I'm illogical because I understand that the system is random distribution, and as such, may very well not suit anybody for a series of drops?

Back