Best places to farm gold?

TseTse said:
Trade for what sinew? I thought the sinew stuff was all BoP but ive been out of the loop on hunters for like 6 months. My only regret in having stopped raiding is not getting a Leaf for this hunter first. :(

Anyways...

Kite the Slayers. It takes me about 4mins per mob but it is piss-easy.

I grab a high DPS pet and turn off taunts on it. I start off with a conc + aimed + immolation trap. Get into Cheetah and stay in Cheetah. Tag distract shots at times. Once you get the burst of taunts going just stick to concussion shots and maybe some serpent stings.

I train them straight back down the road. Off-hours, i have little trouble with getting ganked.

44 kills - one eye of shadow, bunch of greens, average cash: 18s

http://thottbot.com/?i=37299 for http://thottbot.com/?qu=7634

the black one off ony for the bow is BoP

Joemomma5000 said:
I found that the SM GY is great for 40s and 50s but tapers off on time/reward as you gain in level; a 55 mob has >= money and lootz as the elites in the GY. Now if you want really easy, consistant money, hit up silithus for the scorpions. Each of their crappy scorpid bloods, scorpid pincers etc sell for about 20s, and they also drop all kinds of other crap. I also have made a fortune farming essence of air in the NW corner of silithus, as on Frostmane and Dark Iron they are averaging anywhere from 10g to 30g EACH. The drop rate seems to be about one every 30 mins, but can burst all over (ex I had 6 drop in 10 mins). Deadwind Pass is always good - the carrion drop really expensive feathers etc and the ogres drop up to 20s each - and the Winterfall bear people in Winterspring dropped a Hurricane and Hammer of the Northern Wind for me in 3 kills. Lastly, depending on the server, it might be best to get 5-6 guildies and run Living strat. I've been doing this recently, and we're averaging 4-5 righteous orbs per run, which are all selling for 100g each within 6 hrs, at about 1 hour a run. You either sell them on the AH directly, or have an enchanter DE the blues that drop and offer straight crusader at 200g a pop, which is going to save people on most servers about 100g. We're raking in money doing it simply because every enchanter is too lazy to farm their own mats, and charge mats + 15g/10g/20g etc. Just find a market that is being exploited, and put the time in to undercut them.

I always do deadwind pass for the runecloth a lot of ppl need that for rep, I also do un goro crator, silithus, badlands, fellwood for the elemental essences,
and winterspring is a good area too. I mine so I get a lot for selling bars of iron, arcanite bars etc... some ppl just dont want to go mine for it and would rather buy it off ah.

Has anybody tried using 2 accounts to inter-trade between Horde and Alliance?

Has anybody tried connecting with folks from the opposition to make special requests/deals using the nuetral AH?

:brows:

I'm gonna try to find horde on Dark Iron to perhaps work with... for some slick "import/export" business.

TseTse said:
Has anybody tried using 2 accounts to inter-trade between Horde and Alliance?

Has anybody tried connecting with folks from the opposition to make special requests/deals using the nuetral AH?

:brows:

I'm gonna try to find horde on Dark Iron to perhaps work with... for some slick "import/export" business.

you get crushed by AH fees when trading gold between factions. Unless you are making a ton more on the other AH I suggest not doing this.

Lord Elessar said:
you get crushed by AH fees when trading gold between factions. Unless you are making a ton more on the other AH I suggest not doing this.

Most of the items worth doing this for would be either major profit margins or tiny/zero deposits.

Im talking about aiming for like 15g+ per item.

Obviously you gotta keep mail and deposit costs in mind but i think you are overstating that. This obviously wouldnt work with things like copper and linen...

There are many items that dont have a deposit, folks... and the tiny cuts in general still are easy to work with if you are doing big ticket items with a large profit margin.

I mean... duh... you gotta account for the AH fees and such, but think about the potential variance on Alliance vs Horde prices.

TseTse said:
There are many items that dont have a deposit, folks... and the tiny cuts in general still are easy to work with if you are doing big ticket items with a large profit margin.

Deposits are irrelevant. The issue raised was that in transferring gold to the opposing faction by buying a rough stone for 100g, you lose 15g to AH fees. The way to avoid that is to transfer only items using cheap auctions when you know your guy will pick it up immediately, you just run the risk of someone else grabbing it first.

Shoddy said:
Deposits are irrelevant. The issue raised was that in transferring gold to the opposing faction by buying a rough stone for 100g, you lose 15g to AH fees. The way to avoid that is to transfer only items using cheap auctions when you know your guy will pick it up immediately, you just run the risk of someone else grabbing it first.

I understand, but im actually not as much talking about trading gold as much trading high ticket GOODs in this manner.

As for raw gold transfer, for the real pro-farmers i suspect they can do it using massive transfers with zero deposit items.

TseTse said:
I understand, but im actually not as much talking about trading gold as much trading high ticket GOODs in this manner.

As for raw gold transfer, for the real pro-farmers i suspect they can do it using massive transfers with zero deposit items.
Are you dense?

You lose 15% of all gold transferred via neutral AH.

Trading gold between factions is to be avoided at all costs if possible.

What he is saying is that he buys say an AQ20 book that sells for 500g either side, and transfers it over the neutral AH for 1s or soemthing. So he managed to transfer the gold from faction to faction.

Of course this is pointless if friendly AH's take 15% too, i have nfi whether they do or not.

There are two different issues here... i think.

PessimiStick said:
Are you dense?

You lose 15% of all gold transferred via neutral AH.

Trading gold between factions is to be avoided at all costs if possible.

Issue #1: trading gold cross faction

Even with 15% it's still likely to be done by the pro-farmers who sell gold by the bajillions for real fuckin money. Before we start getting inflamatory, perhaps we oughta take a step back and think about it...

When you click on your favorite "buy gold" site and you see how they offer gold per side, per server... the odds are their teams actually have more "stock" on one side than the other. A 15% cut of fantasy gold for real fuckin money is simply a bullet im sure some of the big groups are willing to bite. This is especialyl true if your team of farmers can MAKE more money on one side but the real-cash DEMAND to buy gold is on the other side. A 15% loss of gold could still be meaningless if your team can crank out fuckloads more gold on that faction.

Surely they'd prefer not to be in that situation, but if they have to switch "stock" from horde to alliance to meet REAL FUCKIN DEMANDS... you bet they will even with a 15% loss in gold. Duh. If you are in the real-life business of selling gold and you gotta have stock for both factions... you do what you gotta do...

Issue #2: potential "import/exports" scamming

As for us common plebians, the issue isnt transfer of gold as much as getting profit for selling ITEMS across the AHs. I've tried to feel this out over IRC with folks on the opposite side on Dark Iron, but havent found anything that is an obvious score yet (i havent investigated too carefully tho). The real problem is you'd need to find relatively "equal" good deals for both agents on each side and you'd need good trust.

I think shoddy was insinuating the idea of "paying in items" along the lines of saying you're tossing the high-value items to your buddy on the other side who then takes in the nice profit, in return for an equally good item. You thus charge next to nothing on the nuetral AH but each get big profits on your investment.

Last edited:
Back on topic, I'd like to say that I have been pleasantly surprised with Shadowfang Keep and Deadmines. The cash loot is not why I go, obviously. Nor are the BoE items although the disenchant mats are a fairly decent cashflow bonus. I go for the wool (both instances) and the leather (SFK).

One run through either instance will net 3-4g in raw cash and another 10-12g from wool on the AH so each run is worth about 14g and I can run either twice in 1 hour using my Warrior.

1st note: On Kalecgos a stack of wool sells in the AH for 1.7-2g.
2nd note: The leather from SFK will net another 2.5-3g in the AH.

Summary: Either instance is worth 28-30g per hour, not including the enchanting mats.

Back