Reload this Page [MMORPG]World of Tanks
Page 14 of 261
Hellsfury
VeteranXX
Old
261 - 08-04-2010, 07:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animo View Post
what is the best branch of the tech tree that I should be going on?

is the BT-7 -> T-44 worth it? or should I go for those ultra heavy tanks instead?
I'd level up a small tank and keep that one in your pocket, like a Luch or similar. They easily pay for their own up keep and even if you do nothing but get blown up you are still making money. So your little pocket machine will help pay for the upkeep on the bigger tanks.

Sponsored Links
Animo
VeteranXX
Old
262 - 08-04-2010, 07:57
I've got an elite BT-2 for recruit games, also an elite bison

but for standard games should I ultimately should I go for the IS-7 or Maus or T-44 or Panther?

I also play 2-3 tanks at a time which nets me big experience and credits

Last edited by Animo; 08-04-2010 at 08:00..
pZ II Birdy
VeteranXX
Old
263 - 08-04-2010, 08:10
shields up!

notwasabi
Veteran++
Old
264 - 08-04-2010, 08:35
I have a feeling this uses the Eve engine... Am I correct?

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
265 - 08-04-2010, 09:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwasabi View Post
I have a feeling this uses the Eve engine... Am I correct?
Incorrect.

BigWorld Technology - MMOG & Virtual Worlds development middleware

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
266 - 08-04-2010, 10:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsfury View Post
What they need to do is hurry up with the party system... and I think that will help a great deal with the rough times new players have. Having the assurance that you will have 2 or more guys you can rely on should help a lot. What they then need to do is reveal the map first, then allow a player to choose a Tank.

They need more variety in game play too... right now it's just team deathmatch and that shapes what players choose as a tank. As much fun as it is to cruise circles around the enemy in a Luchs, it's hard to feel like your actually having any impact on the performance of your team since often you up with nothing to show for it except a 1,500 credit repair bill.

Even more counter-intuitive is driving a 100,000 credit Elite Luchs... then buying 255,000 credit Leopard and ending up with a Tank that performs like a Loltractor in game. Then you spend another 100,000 credits and countless rounds of getting blown to pieces at the whim of any other player before the Leopard is skilled and upgraded enough to actually start to show it's potential.
All that makes perfect sense. It's the carrot -> stick, with an emphasis that you will want to spend actual money in order to level faster. Navy field uses the same strategy and they are wildly successful.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
267 - 08-04-2010, 10:26
Quote:

but for standard games should I ultimately should I go for the IS-7 or Maus or T-44 or Panther?

The big super tanks (Maus, IS-7) will always cost you credits to run. The T-44 is a powerful tank and thought to be the best tank of WWII.

Skeletor666
Merried Man4
Old
268 - 08-04-2010, 12:06
The ****ing tigers are just gross I watched a dude mow down 6 guys in a row.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
269 - 08-04-2010, 12:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletor666 View Post
The ****ing tigers are just gross I watched a dude mow down 6 guys in a row.
Tiger or Tiger II?

In my heavy tank (KV) I usually follow a Tiger 2 around and let him take the damage while I blast people with my 300 dmg gun.

A pack of smaller tanks can take a Tiger 2 down no problem and I was involved in one last night. I hope I don't get banned for telling the driver of that tank he was "gang banged", ****ing Nazi's.

Walking_Man
VeteranX
Old
270 - 08-04-2010, 13:07
Quote:

late russian tanks are superior to late german tanks. the maus and tiger 2 may not get penetrated with every shot but they're going to keep getting hit and risk component damage, plus they're slow as ****.

the IS line has very sloped armor that most shots will just glance off of.

Plus it'll suck when your maus is boxed in by a pair of light tanks or tank destroyers that rammed into your front and rear and you can't move and some pissant spug a map away is slowly dinking you to death every 30 seconds.

notwasabi
Veteran++
Old
271 - 08-04-2010, 13:16
cant wait for US servers

Satan-
VeteranX
Old
272 - 08-04-2010, 13:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking_Man View Post
late russian tanks are superior to late german tanks. the maus and tiger 2 may not get penetrated with every shot but they're going to keep getting hit and risk component damage, plus they're slow as ****.

the IS line has very sloped armor that most shots will just glance off of.

Plus it'll suck when your maus is boxed in by a pair of light tanks or tank destroyers that rammed into your front and rear and you can't move and some pissant spug a map away is slowly dinking you to death every 30 seconds.
Post war tanks in game now are but the MAUS was a prototype for the E-series tanks which they said are going to be included later along with US, Brit and other nations. The E-series will be comparable to US, UK, RUS late war designs.

The problem with the game is crew quality and radios as Germany would destroy "better" tanks that out numbered them due to tactics, better crews
and radios. The game would not be to much fun though if the Russians didnt have radios and their crew quality was always low. Also you dont get the German tanks breaking down and having their over engineered problems.

All they really need to do is have a year break down (38-42,42-44,45+) and limit the amount of each type (60% light/med, 20%hvy, 10%TD, 10%SPG). Something like that would fix most of the balance problems that they have now.

Satan-
VeteranX
Old
273 - 08-04-2010, 13:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
The big super tanks (Maus, IS-7) will always cost you credits to run. The T-44 is a powerful tank and thought to be the best tank of WWII.

Where have you read that the T-44 was the best tank of WW2? It was just a stepping stone for the T-54/55 series and less than 1000 were built at the very end of the war. Also like many tanks it had major teething problems at its release so it didnt have much of an impact on the war at all compared to a bunch of other choices from all of the Euro nations.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
274 - 08-04-2010, 13:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan- View Post
Where have you read that the T-44 was the best tank of WW2? It was just a stepping stone for the T-54/55 series and less than 1000 were built at the very end of the war. Also like many tanks it had major teething problems at its release so it didnt have much of an impact on the war at all compared to a bunch of other choices from all of the Euro nations.
A couple of documentaries. I think they were only used for 3 days of battle though and I don't think they ever saw an actual fight? T-54/55 production didn't start until after WWII was over.

absent
VeteranXX
Old
275 - 08-04-2010, 14:00
Yeah, the T-44 was the best WW2-era tank that never saw battle
Outside of that, everyone knows that the Evil Nazis had the best armor, they just got zerg rushed by the near-asiatic russkies and amis.

Satan-
VeteranX
Old
276 - 08-04-2010, 14:31
Quote:
A couple of documentaries. I think they were only used for 3 days of battle though and I don't think they ever saw an actual fight? T-54/55 production didn't start until after WWII was over.
Yes I know when the T54/55 were built I just was wondering where you saw T-44 as best tank and wanted to see that documentary to lol a bit

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
277 - 08-04-2010, 14:43
Quote:
Yes I know when the T54/55 were built I just was wondering where you saw T-44 as best tank and wanted to see that documentary to lol a bit
There was a long discussion about it, maybe I was thinking of the T-34

Best Tank of WW2 - Page 11

Walking_Man
VeteranX
Old
278 - 08-04-2010, 14:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by absent View Post
Yeah, the T-44 was the best WW2-era tank that never saw battle
Outside of that, everyone knows that the Evil Nazis had the best armor, they just got zerg rushed by the near-asiatic russkies and amis.
That's not really true. They had the best doctrine due to involvement in the Spanish Civil War. Their actual tanks were often inferior to various counterparts. Guderian, for example, took a butt****ing from a French Char B1 because nothing the Germans had could penetrate it.

The Russians were frequently ahead of the Germans on the armor curve.

Satan-
VeteranX
Old
279 - 08-04-2010, 16:06
Quote:
There was a long discussion about it, maybe I was thinking of the T-34

Best Tank of WW2 - Page 11
Yeah the T34 was the best bang for the buck byfar and a war winner along with masses of infantry and artillery. On paper though the German tanks were superior (Panther>T34). The problems were they were over engineered, expensive and had major issues when released (breakdowns n stuff as most ground breaking designs do V-22 lulz) resulting in limited numbers. The Ger crews, leaders and tactics are what made Ger armor the so decisive in the field early on. Production, bodies and bad Ger strategic decisions are what killed them in the long run.

This is a good list on wiki of production for WW2 which shows how vastly out produced the Germans were.

Military production during World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
280 - 08-04-2010, 16:09
Quote:
Yeah the T34 was the best bang for the buck byfar and a war winner along with masses of infantry and artillery. On paper though the German tanks were superior (Panther>T34). The problems were they were over engineered, expensive and had major issues when released (breakdowns n stuff as most ground breaking designs do V-22 lulz) resulting in limited numbers. The Ger crews, leaders and tactics are what made Ger armor the so decisive in the field early on. Production, bodies and bad Ger strategic decisions are what killed them in the long run.

This is a good list on wiki of production for WW2 which shows how vastly out produced the Germans were.

Military production during World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yeah, Germany tried making cute little design tweaks to already existing proven tanks and it became a cluster****.

Page 14 of 261

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [MMORPG]World of Tanks

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo is a big fucking deal , feannag mmo essays , gay for t-54 , is7 > maus , maus > * , t30>maus