Demo Problem - Old Version of LT? by VY - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Demo Problem - Old Version of LT?
VY
VeteranXX
Old
1 - 03-27-2022, 11:06
I was feeling nostalgic the other day and was trying to watch some old LT demos back when LT first started in the early 2000s. It crashes every time. I seem to remember that you had to have an older version of LT to view certain older demos. 2.somethingorother?! Anyone happen to have either the download for that older version or another way to view them?

Sponsored Links
bugs_
VeteranXV
Old
2 - 03-29-2022, 12:20
the demo is probably using a map that you don't have on your config so we would need to figure out which map. could you post a download link for the demo?

if the demo starts playing and crashes after playing the demo for a bit that is much more interesting.

if the demo never starts and crashes immediately it is more likely to be missing map files.

groove
VeteranXX
Old
3 - 03-29-2022, 23:25
iirc we had a pretty long discussion about this in discord a few months ago and found that it was different versions of the LT mappack

final version is something like 3.x but 2.0 was a thing for a while

LT_Mappack_v2.0.zip

VY
VeteranXX
Old
4 - 04-10-2022, 00:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
iirc we had a pretty long discussion about this in discord a few months ago and found that it was different versions of the LT mappack

final version is something like 3.x but 2.0 was a thing for a while

LT_Mappack_v2.0.zip
Yes, that seems right, but for some reason it still crashes when trying to load the demo. I used to have the solution to watch old 2.0 LT demos, whatever version it was, but then again back then I was playing with a totally different config and version of tribes.

VY
VeteranXX
Old
5 - 04-10-2022, 00:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugs_ View Post
the demo is probably using a map that you don't have on your config so we would need to figure out which map. could you post a download link for the demo?

if the demo starts playing and crashes after playing the demo for a bit that is much more interesting.

if the demo never starts and crashes immediately it is more likely to be missing map files.
It crashes before showing anything, so it is the map files as you say, which was the problem all those years ago. The original version of LT was upgraded to 3.2, and the older version of LT match demos would crash unless you had a backup folder so you could watch the old demos. It was annoying then, and not much has changed! I should probably give it up but it would be fun to see them again.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Demo Problem - Old Version of LT?

Social Website Bullshit