Bins Aspie Config

ah ok i can rebind those then

config is still unplayable for me though with all the dead keystrokes

THIS!

I didnt know if I was just imagining stuff, but I did pm groove about it but i forgot if he ever replied.

But yea, feels like sometimes u weapon wont swtich and the fire is delayed or dont go off at all... is it a scriptgl bug?

BTW Groove, I tried resizing the huds, successfully, then exited the game. When i opened tribes up again, everything remained the same size, except for the health and energy huds, those went back to default.

Also, when I changed Font, the same thing happened, exited and reopened and it went back to default. Any ideas? Are some of these files just read-only and thats why? Just my input with what I have seen so far!

if you don't exit tribes properly it wont write out clientprefs and things wont save. just tested and hud locations/sizes all save for me.

for the font, yeah it seems that a line of script i put into bins_config_prefs.acs.cs is resetting it back to AgencyFB-Bold

THIS!

I didnt know if I was just imagining stuff, but I did pm groove about it but i forgot if he ever replied.

But yea, feels like sometimes u weapon wont swtich and the fire is delayed or dont go off at all... is it a scriptgl bug?

i made the huds outside the config, and just dumped them into what you sent me - i did very little testing inside the config you sent me

i tried to remove some really broken scripts & fix a few others ... but it's hard for me to say what's in the config and what isn't - tbh, there were a number of things that were already fixed in the t1basic config i gave you to start with, that were re-broken when you sent it back to me. so large parts of that install were most likely overwritten from some other config that i dont know anything about and likely has broken things

but in my experience scriptGL has no effect on bindings. you could try removing gamebinds.cs from /core and see if me adding those functions is the source of the trouble, but its unlikely. odds are it's something else in the config unrelated to the huds or scriptGL

its possible that u guys are mixing up binds into playmap/actionmap/inventorymap/etc

which i do occasionally too - i put my vhudmover and chat binds into actionmap ("Global" in the Binds menu - rather than "Game" (playmap) ) so that people dont have to dig into the submenu + i can test them without hosting a game, but they really should be in playmap

like, i see that in the config.cs bins has "2" set to

"remoteEval(2048, ToggleCommandMode);" under actionmap

and "2" set to
"use(\"Plasma Gun\");" under playmap

and if you're using some kind of script to bind your other stuff then you're probably adding a 3rd bind - and then if you're using one of those dumb pft-per-weapon scripts you're probably binding it again or attaching to one of those binds/funcs

idk, i fired up a game and hit 5 to switch to targeting laser and then hit Q to swap back to disc, spammed the shit out of it and both worked 100% of the time for me

also gamebinds.cs kills the menu options for a bunch of useless binds

Code:
/*  Ignore some of the bind options that arent used anyway

This file is intended to decrease the amount of totally unnecessary binds found in the bind menus
    GameBinds::ignore(%map, %description, %explanation);
*/
GameBinds::ignore( "playMap.sae", "Look Up", __FILE__ ~" thinks that bind is never used.");
GameBinds::ignore( "playMap.sae", "Look Down", __FILE__~" thinks that bind is never used.");
GameBinds::ignore( "playMap.sae", "Look Left", __FILE__~" thinks that bind is never used.");
GameBinds::ignore( "playMap.sae", "Look Right", __FILE__~" thinks that bind is never used.");
GameBinds::ignore( "playMap.sae", "Use Blaster", __FILE__ ~" thinks that bind is never used.");
GameBinds::ignore( "playMap.sae", "Use Plasma Gun", __FILE__~" thinks that bind is never used.");
GameBinds::ignore( "playMap.sae", "Use Laser Rifle", __FILE__~" thinks that bind is never used.");
GameBinds::ignore( "playMap.sae", "Use ELF Gun", __FILE__~" thinks that bind is never used.");
GameBinds::ignore( "playMap.sae", "Use Mortar", __FILE__~" thinks that bind is never used.");
GameBinds::ignore( "actionMap.sae", "Mission Edit Mode", __FILE__~" thinks that bind is never used.");

its possible thats messing with some other scripted method of adding binds (i dont hardcode binds in scripts like most people do so i dont have that problem)

I hate that ingame binding. ScriptGL hooks your mouse so it's much likely that the hook chain is fucked up, I'd blame scriptgl it's not made flawlessly imho

I hate that ingame binding. ScriptGL hooks your mouse so it's much likely that the hook chain is fucked up, I'd blame scriptgl it's not made flawlessly imho

iirc it doesn't hook the mouse (why would it, its an overlay) and all my mouse functions in vhudmover and my menus are purely scripted ie. if cursor is between pixel x and pixel y

besides they're talking about keyboard bindings not mouse misfires

not that im saying scriptGL is perfect either and u know way more about tribes than me

but i've spent more time with scriptGL than anyone here, probably including greyhound, almost all my configs are scriptGL and this is the first i've heard of anyone having mouse/binding issues

you'd figure in 5 years if somehow i hadn't noticed any mouse differences, surely someone else would have

I play tested it for about 15 minutes and I didn't come across any problems. But I didnt change any of the binds because it seems like me and bins use similar binds.

Pretty cool looking config. Nice to see a 1.40 vhud config too. Now I need to switch mine over 2 vhud. :/

My mouse has misfired before as well, and I only really rebound 3 4 5 for weapons, but I'll still notice my movement keys or skiing start failing also and I never touched those binds

tbh i dont really care, ive never noticed any mouse differences between stock and scriptGL configs, never heard anything about it from my configs, fires config, milks configs, etc and they all use scriptGL

with that in mind i have to assume its something else in the config. like i said, take out gamebinds.cs in /config/core - that does provide for blocking/killing certain binds

or look at your binds and see if you have 5 different things bound to the same buttons from different button maps

there's not much i can do to help troubleshoot a problem i dont see and honestly i can't even be sure if its really happening

Last edited:
dont get me wrong i'm not saying its not happening i just have people tell me strange things all the time that aren't actually happening

like, one old guy at a law firm will double click his mouse so slowly that programs sometimes dont launch. sometimes he gets really mad and walks around the office asking if anyone else is having problems clicking things - and every single time, there's a good like 5% of users that will chirp in with 'oh my god, i'm having the same problem!'

and then its becomes some viral epidemic where everyone in the office is running around panicking - saying "all the mice are broken!!! call the IT guy!!!'

and i come in and everyones mouse works fine and i watch the old dude double click so slowly that his doesn't

and everyone i ask is like 'wow dude, you fixed everyones mouse just by walking into the office, cause now it works perfectly!'

so you'll have to forgive me if there really is some issue

my favorite one was the partner who got all mad that he was clicking programs and they'd open and then close immediately, which sounded insane to me (unless it was a virus or something)

came into the office, sat down at his desk, pulled out his keyboard drawer a little farther than he had it

and there was a pen stuck in the keyboard drawer and it was pressing down the escape button and minimizing/closing everything

2nd favorite is the girl who said google didn't work

she was typing in 'goggle'

goggle.com still opens google.com.

Of course it does crazy stuff with the mouse, how do you think it handles all mouseevents/press/scrolls in custom huds?

goggle.com still opens google.com.

really?

7Yg9UrP.png

Back