[SO] The government is shut down... by SL83 - Page 15 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [SO] The government is shut down...
Page 15 of 83
Thread Tools
Captain Tele
Veteran
Immigrant
Old
281 - 10-01-2013, 18:16
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingfish View Post
They can't take your money, only that of the estate. You don't want to pay to maximize your inheritance?
I already paid.......its interest payments on accounts they wouldn't, or still wont, let me cancel that I have the current issues with.

when you make a sincere attempt to give them everything they need to cancel a service that is not in your name, like death certificates, etc (which cost money on their own) and they refuse to cancel a service that nobody is using (because they are dead) I have a bit of an issue with that.

Also have issue with new taxes being pushed as bills.......mandated services that I have to pay for but do not want/use.....etc.

But I'm preaching to a group who doesn't really care about any of this. They just want fuel for their ideological fire. For why they want to externalize debt loads to others and will be ok with mandating their ongoing compliance.

The idea of having any level of say over what one wants to spend all their money on is a primitive concept only held by archaic minds. That much is painfully obvious. They would invoke slavery tomorrow if they could justify it as being for the common good.
 
Captain Tele is offline
 
Sponsored Links
Captain Tele
Veteran
Immigrant
Old
282 - 10-01-2013, 18:19
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animo View Post
Captain Tele: mad at the government for not paying their bills, while he never pays his bills.

PAY YOUR BILLS
Pay your taxes you mean........



Which is what your group is all about.



which sums up Obamacare and your cause in a nutshell.
 
Captain Tele is offline
 
Eggi
VeteranXV
Old
283 - 10-01-2013, 18:20
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
we should nationalize oil and gas and dig ourselves out of debt tbh
**** it
worst idea ever. you should look at countries that have nationalized their oil & gas and how they are doing with that. Except for Norway, which is doing pretty awesome, but still lags well behind the US in innovation, etc because free market = best for innovation. ultra deep sea drilling, fracking, etc all US creations gg

http://www.economist.com/news/specia...-up-point-rich
 
Eggi is offline
 
Last edited by Eggi; 10-01-2013 at 18:24..
Animo
VeteranXV
Old
284 - 10-01-2013, 18:21
Reply With Quote
Well you sure spend a lot of time trying to persuade people instead of PAYING YOUR BILLS you freeloading liberal democrat Hippy
 
Animo is offline
 
Captain Tele
Veteran
Immigrant
Old
285 - 10-01-2013, 18:22
Reply With Quote
i don't know I think our government is doing a great job with everything they touch.

i want to give them more control over everything.

SS, Medicaid, USPS, Obamacare, to wars, to passing budgets on time and under limits........

I will not be satisfied until they get to tell me what I can eat and how long I can sleep.
 
Captain Tele is offline
 
Eggi
VeteranXV
Old
286 - 10-01-2013, 18:24
Reply With Quote
u r pretty dumb u know?
 
Eggi is offline
 
Captain Tele
Veteran
Immigrant
Old
287 - 10-01-2013, 18:24
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animo View Post
Well you sure spend a lot of time trying to persuade people instead of PAYING YOUR BILLS you freeloading liberal democrat Hippy
And you spend all of your time being an insufferable but intentional dumb****......



We each have our hobbies. Mine don't cost you anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggi View Post
u r pretty dumb u know?
super dumb......so dumb it probably never once makes you begin to question how moronic your statements are.
 
Captain Tele is offline
 
Thingfish
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
288 - 10-01-2013, 18:25
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tele View Post

I will not be satisfied until they get to tell me what I can eat and how long I can sleep.
They're in the information-gathering stage on this one. Stay tuned.
 
Thingfish is offline
 
Breyer
VeteranX
Old
289 - 10-01-2013, 18:26
Reply With Quote
USPS lol
 
Breyer is offline
 
MadHatSam
VeteranX
Old
290 - 10-01-2013, 18:31
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tele View Post
I already paid.......its interest payments on accounts they wouldn't, or still wont, let me cancel that I have the current issues with.

when you make a sincere attempt to give them everything they need to cancel a service that is not in your name, like death certificates, etc (which cost money on their own) and they refuse to cancel a service that nobody is using (because they are dead) I have a bit of an issue with that.

Also have issue with new taxes being pushed as bills.......mandated services that I have to pay for but do not want/use.....etc.

But I'm preaching to a group who doesn't really care about any of this. They just want fuel for their ideological fire. For why they want to externalize debt loads to others and will be ok with mandating their ongoing compliance.

The idea of having any level of say over what one wants to spend all their money on is a primitive concept only held by archaic minds. That much is painfully obvious. They would invoke slavery tomorrow if they could justify it as being for the common good.
In your perfect world, how does the infrastructure get maintained to first world standards? You are veering off into samUwell land of sovereign personhood here.

The idea of the government mandating that I have to buy a product from a private company does not sit well with me. Unfortunetley this law was passed by both houses of congress, signed by the president and for the most part upheld by the highest court in the land. The idea that the government should be shut down over the implementation of this land is ****ing legislative terrorism.

The republicans control the house of congress most responsible for legislative policies yet refuse to propose real solutions to the problems other than burning the mother ****er down. This attitude has been irresponsible and childish for years at this point. Faced with a feckless weak opposition in the majority the minority has failed to advance a single policy that isn't obstructionist or pure idiocy, which is simply astounding at this point. It is like they simply don't want to ever be in the majority again.

Health insurance as an industry is corrupt, broken and likely never sustainable as the primary means for a society to make its health care decisions around. The ACA was a irresponsible idea that is simply one of the most massive corporate handouts ever, but if the weight of this idiocy can crush an industry that needs to die, maybe it will be a blessing in the end.

Health care should be viewed as a utility, not unlike water and power. Competition will always be limited because of high fixed costs, a nationalized system like those in europe might not be possible for a number of reasons but at the same time, some form of general region/state/national public health care commissions that operate to balance the proper incentives for efficiency and innovation with providing care to consumers at reasonable costs is where we need to move towards.
 
MadHatSam is offline
 
Last edited by MadHatSam; 10-01-2013 at 18:41..
Captain Tele
Veteran
Immigrant
Old
291 - 10-01-2013, 18:48
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatSam View Post
In your perfect world, how does the infrastructure get maintained to first world standards? You are veering off into samUwell land of sovereign personhood here.
That be a compliment.....

Giving people some choice over the services they may or may not want seems like a sound solution to me. Can we force people to eat at a particular restaurant by a specific time? Can we force them to buy a certain type of shoes? Why not and how is that unacceptable but it isn't for something like healthcare?

In my perfect world volunteerism and mutual consent accounts for everything. Don't like unjust wars........stop funding them. Don't like the NSA.......stop contributing to whatever funds it. Instead we have a system where the opposite of that happens, you have zero say about anything, and they know this. Everyone is pissed off and our government literally abuses our money and pisses in our face about it.

How does Disney World get funded? Not by force.......so perhaps we can learn something from having people pay for services that they want and cutting off the ones they don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatSam View Post
The idea of the government mandating that I have to buy a product from a private company does not sit well with me. Unfortunetley this law was passed by both houses of congress, signed by the president and for the most part upheld by the highest court in the land. The idea that the government should be shut down over the implementation of this land is ****ing legislative terrorism.
So was most of our unjust wars........and every other piss poor debacle they have gotten us into.

Terorrism in my mind is intentionally bankrupting our nation and giving all of our rights and sovereignty over to a government who is provably corrupt and entirely incapable of ever being held accountable for their blatant failures year after year......decade after decade.

they say that our credit rating could be hurt by this.....that's great news. At the rate we are going that is going to happen either way. Either at 17 trillion dollars in debt......or at 50 trillion in a few more decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatSam View Post
The republicans control the house of congress most responsible for legislative policies yet refuse to propose real solutions to the problems other than burning the mother ****er down. This attitude has been irresponsible and childish for years at this point. Faced with a feckless weak opposition in the majority the minority has failed to advance a single policy that isn't obstructionist or pure idiocy, which is simply astounding at this point. It is like they simply don't want to ever be in the majority again.
Despite popular misconception, they sent a counter offer over that essentially just wanted to repeal the medical device tax (of 2%). Nobody wanted to listen to it. Both sides have their ideological lines in the sand and that's just the way it is. Compromise isn't a one way street when neither side is willing to look at what the other is offering.

One persons cock blocking obstructionist is anothers best attempt to discourage future raping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatSam View Post
Health insurance as an industry is corrupt, broken and likely never sustainable as the primary means for a society to make its health care decisions around. The ACA was a blatant and irresponsible idea that is simply one of the most massive corporate handout, but if the weight of this idiocy can crush an industry that needs to die, maybe it will be a blessing in the end.
No disagreement there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatSam View Post
Health care should be viewed as a utility, not unlike water and power. Competition will always be limited because of high fixed costs, a nationalized system like those in europe might not be possible for a number of reasons but at the same time, some form of general region/state/national public health care commissions that operate to balance the proper incentives for efficiency and innovation with providing care to consumers at reasonable costs is where we need to move towards.
I think that just anything is worth trying......just not at gun point and through coercion. If a massive group of people all wanted to come together to create their own universal healthcare system I would be all for it. The current system sucks and new ideas should be implemented all over the place. Only through constant trial and error will we find what is best for each individual.......I merely ask for these ideas to be self funded and voluntary. Other than that I'd be open for anything.
 
Captain Tele is offline
 
Last edited by Captain Tele; 10-01-2013 at 18:56..
JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
292 - 10-01-2013, 18:57
Reply With Quote
Hour... 17? of the government shutdown....

I can't keep track of time anymore, too weak.... without the government there is no food, no protection..........Every one around me is dead. We ran out of food an hour or two ago, the roving gangs have murdered everyone they have come across for supplies.... I can't help but thinking that this is somehow Bush's fault........ If only our government had not shut down.... now I wait the sweet release of death......
 
JoMo is offline
 
ZooL
VeteranXX
Old
293 - 10-01-2013, 18:59
Reply With Quote
i need back up runnin low on ammo..***to many zombies***

need government bailout nowwwwww
 
ZooL is offline
 
Animo
VeteranXV
Old
294 - 10-01-2013, 19:01
Reply With Quote
if it was called "RomneyCare" everyone would be for it

he actually had a plan just like it

because the truth is that the US is the last modern country to get modern healthcare, and whoever implements it will get known as the best US president
 
Animo is offline
 
Hologram
VeteranXV
Old
295 - 10-01-2013, 19:05
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animo View Post
if it was called "RomneyCare" everyone would be for it

he actually had a plan just like it

because the truth is that the US is the last modern country to get modern healthcare, and whoever implements it will get known as the best US president
modern != socialized

So let me get this straight: On the topic of abortion, many people say "it's my body I should be able to do what I want with it, the government doesn't own my body." (with regards to abortion being banned or not). A lot of these same people also hold the contradictory viewpoint that the government should be allowed to force everyone to buy health insurance or be fined. So whose body is it?
 
Hologram is offline
 
Togowack
VeteranXV
Old
296 - 10-01-2013, 19:09
Reply With Quote
the rest of the world is looking at the U.S. debt even if americans are blind to it.
 
Togowack is offline
 
DrMeithos
VeteranX
Old
297 - 10-01-2013, 19:22
Reply With Quote
.
 
DrMeithos is offline
 
sLit
VeteranXV
Old
298 - 10-01-2013, 19:23
Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox.enD View Post
Did you read the part where the discontinuation was because it didn't mean the minimum required levels of insurance?

So basically the insurance before was ****ing ****ty and didn't even meet the basic baseline layed out by the government for what qualifies as insurance, hence it being so ****ing cheap.

Your argument speaks to the absurdity of the previous system, not the problems of the new one. That absurdity being that health insurance was becoming so expensive that these bull**** awful coverage plans were created to bring people into the system at a level they could afford, when in reality they had ****ty insurance should anything significant happen.

They were the equivalent of title loan companies.
this.

i believe it's only half the issue though. dare we get into the complete waste/**** of health insurance companies when it comes to costs?

...nahhhhhhh
 
sLit is offline
 
[N]PRIME189
VeteranXV
Old
299 - 10-01-2013, 19:34
Reply With Quote
 
[N]PRIME189 is offline
 
caelum
VeteranXV
Old
300 - 10-01-2013, 19:42
Reply With Quote
 
caelum is offline
 
Page 15 of 83
Reply


Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [SO] The government is shut down...

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ass mode , captain taxleach , circle jerk , dealytard bitch tits , gubment took my gubment , icfire child rapist , icfire convicted pedophile , icfire is a chester , icfire touches kids , icpedo , lady liberty got raped. , moar bacon bitchtits , they took my govt


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


AGENT: CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) / Y
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:55.