SL83's Extended and Ongoing Beer Thread

samuel smith's is delicious beer. the nut brown is great, and the oatmeal stout is fucking amazing.

my friend always gets me the 3 bottle gift pack every year with the glass. i'm starting to get a bit of a collection. i need to try some of their other beers, the only other ones i've had are the pale ale and cider(both awesome).

had my first strong brown ale recently, dogfish head palo santo marron :D

palo-santo-marron.jpg

yeah, i'm thinking of getting a couple of kegs of belhaven and putting it through the nitrogen line. scottish ales are nice at this time of year.

the ten fidy was great. oskar blues puts all their beers in cans.. i think it might be a pricing thing. less expensive than bottles - also kind of unique. their dale's pale ale is great too.

will definitely be getting the bells expedition stout for the restaurant. here's the menu blurb i just wrote: "Robust, full-bodied Russian Imperial Stout with flavors of burnt molasses, chocolate liquor, and a solid hop backbone."

i might be overstating the hop presence a bit. it's a really nice beer though. quite warming, intense, pitch black stout. definitely strong malts.. if you don't like a little sweetness, you wouldn't like the expedition too much. i find it to be pretty balanced though. would drink again.

i'm pretty sure canned beer is actually better for preserving flavors (ie. no UV light reaches it), and the metallic taste is more of a placebo effect

i would pour it into a glass, just so you dont taste the can when you put your mouth on it though :shrug:

i will try to get my hands on these. also been wanting to try left hand oak aged imperial stout,anyone had it?

i've heard that you can get better quality control with cans...no light penetration, for one thing.

they just aren't classy like a nice bottle.

this is probably my favorite beer in the world:
dales-pale-ale-new-can-9-2-081.jpg

"classy" doesn't mean shit when it comes to delicious tasting beers

and they actually lay out how canned beer is better on the box of dales

its also really good on tap too :D

reggs can't hear you over the sound of his skin being exfoliated

:rofl:

Last edited:
If you like beer like that, seek out Great Lakes Brewery Edmund Fitzgerald Porter. It's a stout, but not as heavy as Guinness.

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about there OS. Guiness is actually really light on calories and alcohol level.

Was in philly last weekend and went to the brewery for free tasting. How ever much you want, whatever you want.

purchased a case of new bold.

img_1639.jpg

Bell's Brewery is one of the best Microbrews you'll ever try. I wouldn't even call it a microbrew any longer.

They put out a massive amount of beer from their home brewery. The seasonal "Bell's Oberon" is near legendary. Especially if you can find it on tap.

It's almost a religion around Detroit.

Bell's Brewery is one of the best Microbrews you'll ever try. I wouldn't even call it a microbrew any longer.

They put out a massive amount of beer from their home brewery. The seasonal "Bell's Oberon" is near legendary. Especially if you can find it on tap.

It's almost a religion around Detroit.
they have a bunch of good beers, but few exceptional ones. bells is probably in the top 10 of american microbrewerys. top few in the world? no way.

I was in the store with a friend buying some Guinness when a random lady walked up and said "I OVERHEARD YOU NEED GUINNESS! IF YOU LIKE THAT STUFF THEN YOU WOULD LKE THE NUT BROWN ALE". I bought it right from her recommendation.

Back