[TrailerPark] Crock Pot Pulled Pork

I am going to make this on Sunday. Just need to get some JD and the pork butt.

I'll be deflowering my crock pot. Any tips? Just cook it less and line the pot?

so very, very delicious. i did not have a strainer, so i tried to use paper towels to strain the onions out of the pork juice, resulting in most of the pork juice being on my counter/floor when i dropped the paper towels, but i don't think i'm missing anything by having about half the reduction i would have had... it's all very moist and flavorful.

i never cook a meal without burning myself horribly or spilling something important so i consider this Big Success

I started pulled pork this morning. I'll post pics of mine when it's done. I just used a Grilled Mates Pork Rub, let it sit overnight, and I popped it in the oven this morning (covered with tin foil). I just took off the tin foil to let the meat brown up a bit. I'll take it out in about an hour and half or 2 hours from now. It would have been in the oven (at 225 F) for about 10 hours. Going to throw some Famous Daves on it.

About 6lbs of Pork Butt. I already started to trim it. I eventually covered it in rub and let it sit over night.
r269vn.jpg

After 9 1/2 hours of cooking and 30 minutes of rest, the pork pulled so easily. The first 8 hours, I had it covered with tin foil. Then I took it off.
29zxxt1.jpg

Yum... I put Frank's Hot Sauce and Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy BBQ Sauce on my sandwich.
24cd5j8.jpg

And plenty of leftovers. The container is actually a bigger sized container than it looks in the picture. I have about 5 lbs leftover.
sgmkc6.jpg

i'm making it again, but modified... this time i deglazed after searing with 12 oz of apple cider instead of 8 oz ginger ale + 12 oz cider vinegar

in the sauce, replacing the 2 cups ketchup with 1 cup ketchup + 1 cup frank's red hot

will tell you how she comes out. should be a bit spicier than before

i just got a crock pot and have never had one and really want to try this out this sunday while watching football.

ppl say that low settings on newer crock pots still run fairly hot. my crock pot has a warm setting. would that generally be hot enough to cook the food, just take longer? or is it really too low heat to be practical, and i should just use the low setting but keep a closer eye on it?

it's not a crazy expensive crock pot. it's a $15 crock pot that was on sale at walmart. i don't have my own real place to go crazy w/ nice equipment, and my roommates are the kind of ppl who would trash kitchen stuff through awful use if i did

if you really want to find out how hot 'warm' is, put water in the pot, let it run for a while with the cover on, and check the temp with a thermometer. if it's lower than 170 or so, it probably will take too long to cook.

It's crock pot season again! I'm going to try this recipe, giga. I will be adding black pepper. Oh, wait, you have it in your recipe, cool.

I will try the bbq sauce with Maker's Mark, however.

if you really want to find out how hot 'warm' is, put water in the pot, let it run for a while with the cover on, and check the temp with a thermometer. if it's lower than 170 or so, it probably will take too long to cook.

good idea. i obviously never thought of that. i'll try it in the next day or two though. i have a meat thermometer that should give me a reading on that

a buddy of mine has been training for a charity boxing fight for his college fraternity and hasn't been drinking/eating like he used to for about 3 or 4 months. sunday i'm hoping to make some absolutely delicious pork + have beer around.

we'll see how it works out. i'll take pictures w/ my phone if my phone agrees. my phone acted up when i made ribs, so no pics of my botched (but still incredibly tasty, just not what i expected really) attempt in that thread i made before

I really love pulled pork. I tried it last week as per your recipe. It cook delicious. Thanks for share Ingredients, and also how to make pulled pork. It is easy to understand with given steps thanks for recipe for making crock pit pulled port.

Back