Validuz, I am curious what would have Ron Paul done during the Great Recession 2008? by Ender - Page 6 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Validuz, I am curious what would have Ron Paul done during the Great Recession 2008?
Page 6 of 6
Togowack
VeteranXV
Old
101 - 01-31-2010, 21:03
the interesting thing is you will find hundreds if not thousands of mothballed factories all over the united states. much of the industry was originally used to produce war material or feed the war machine at one point in time

Reagan would have been last to use it when he had it in mind to produce a 1000 ship navy. & escalated cold war build up

Sponsored Links
Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
102 - 01-31-2010, 21:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
Again. You don't know what you're talking about.

Congress pushed banks into giving loans, sure. That doesn't mean that congress forced them. Our tax system pushes us to have kids because we get tax incentives, does that mean I'm going to have kids because of those incentives? no.

We didn't spend trillions moron.
Comparing tax breaks with children to corporations...

Oh Jesus Christ. Your retardation knows no bounds.

Rev. Zen
VeteranXV
Old
103 - 02-01-2010, 16:16
Ender, what is the name of the calss you are getting all of this stuff from?

Ender
ValtreX
Old
104 - 02-01-2010, 16:30
Unlike you rev zero and validuz I have a four year degree in economics.

Go ahead. Call me retarded. Lol

Ender
ValtreX
Old
105 - 02-01-2010, 16:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
Comparing tax breaks with children to corporations...

Oh Jesus Christ. Your retardation knows no bounds.
Nope. I just simply proved how retarded your premise is.

Ender
ValtreX
Old
106 - 02-01-2010, 16:33
Anyways. I have found other forums to stimulate my intellect. This is the last Econ thread I'll make.

Rev. Zen
VeteranXV
Old
107 - 02-01-2010, 16:47
Quote:

OK, you are retarded.

I applaud you for having a four year degree in economics, however, you come across as only having learned up to Intro to Macro-Economics.

Did you ever post on the Mises forum like you said you would do?

....and Reverend Zero is a different guy.

Gandalf
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
108 - 02-01-2010, 16:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggi View Post
ppl arguing for doing nothing should probably do a little research on the great depression

during the great depression, government intervention came way too late, and while a lot of it was misdirected and made things worse, doing nothing was a catastrophe
Then how come europe came out of the depression years ahead of the US?

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong … somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises. … I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started. … And an enormous debt to boot."
--Henry Morgenthau, Jr.

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
109 - 02-01-2010, 18:03
Quote:
Congress pushed banks into giving loans, sure. That doesn't mean that congress forced them.
speaking as someone who worked in the home loan industry for a few years, while you are technically correct that congress didnt force banks into giving loans but by congress asking for the banks to ease their restrictions (in hope for a more diverse population to own homes), those banks couldn't discriminate against someone which allowed for a **** ton of people to qualify who otherwise would have never been able too.

it started with Carter and his administration being concerned with the lack of (insert color of human here) home owners in America. and, even though the documentation qualification for home ownership was reduced to something as idiotic as NINA loans, typically colored people would still be charged a bit more due to them being a high risk loan.

here is something to wrap your head around: "Capitalism is a conspiracy reduce profits to zero."

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
110 - 02-01-2010, 18:07
Quote:

That's right. You do. That's what's even more pathetic. Just goes to show that a degree means absolutely nothing when compared with intelligence.

Quote:
Nope. I just simply proved how retarded your premise is.
Yes, I mean, the whole idea of kids is to make money as parents, because you know... families have stock holders and their primary means of existence is to make money... just like corporations. Isn't that why every woman has a motherly instinct to give birth? For the money obviously.

p.s. You'd be better off at this point just backing away from the thread gracefully. You, an economics degree holder, just lost an economics argument to a programmer. I won't bump the thread to further your ridicule.

Last edited by Validuz; 02-01-2010 at 18:10..
Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
111 - 02-01-2010, 18:08
Thread title makes Ender sound like a ****ty writer.

Validuz, I am curious what Ron Paul would have done during the Great Recession of 2008.

^ This is correct.

Hoovie
VeteranXV
Old
112 - 02-01-2010, 18:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swensonator View Post
I notice more often than not a conservative is in office when there's an economic downturn.
Carter's administration was lolipops and candy canes

wait, it was ****ing horrible

at least we don't have gas lines these days

Swensonator
VeteranX
Old
113 - 02-01-2010, 18:24
True, carter was ****, but you cant deny that there has been a recession during every single 'conservative' presidency since Reagan.

edit: Now that I think of it it's not really fair to call the last several republican presidencies conservative. There hasnt been a conservative republican for some time.

edit edit: That last point really had no bearing on my original statement.

Last edited by Swensonator; 02-01-2010 at 18:29..
Page 6 of 6

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Validuz, I am curious what would have Ron Paul done during the Great Recession 2008?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ender has herpes , the herp