Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2
Page 10 of 56
MuNansen
VeteranX
Old
181 - 01-26-2010, 17:59
Understood on the planet scanning. That's definitely been the most common complaint so far (though there have also been some people that really liked it). It's a fun mini-game, but we just made you have to do it too much.

When I got tired of it, the way I sped it up is to let on and off the trigger repeatedly. Basically keep it moving fast most the time, and just watch the scanner during the quick triggers to see if you're close to anything.

Sponsored Links
Crookram
VeteranXX
Old
182 - 01-26-2010, 18:10
i found some sort of mini-nuke, which is ****ing awesome and works great on bosses. only downside is it doesn't seem to fire unless you have at least 100 'ammo'. and ammo is very hard to come by in this game :/

edit: yeah, planet scanning is tedious, wish it were automatable somehow.

TF_Grungir
VeteranXV
Old
183 - 01-26-2010, 18:20
is the only way to switch armor at those armor stations?
wtf is up with the DLable armor not having a removable helmet? It REALLY takes away from the dialog scenes.

so far I like the game though. Quite a transition from DA:O.

one other thing, how does the original council affect teh game? I have 2 saves i can import from ME1. one in which i saved teh council, and the other where i didnt. I am currently playing the one where I did save the couincil

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
184 - 01-26-2010, 18:36
Holy ****.

I bought the COllector Edition.

# 1 - I bought a new unmodded Xbox so I can play this game legit. So I had to deal with the gamertag transfer and all that **** ****.

#2 - when trying to claim the DLC and join the cerberus network I had two EA.com accounts and a BIOWARE FOrums acount.

SO I have to somehow merge all these ****ing accounts together. What a ****FEST.

TF_Grungir
VeteranXV
Old
185 - 01-26-2010, 18:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL83 View Post
Holy ****.

I bought the COllector Edition.

# 1 - I bought a new unmodded Xbox so I can play this game legit. So I had to deal with the gamertag transfer and all that **** ****.

#2 - when trying to claim the DLC and join the cerberus network I had two EA.com accounts and a BIOWARE FOrums acount.

SO I have to somehow merge all these ****ing accounts together. What a ****FEST.
i believe you can change your email addy on the bioware site... not ea. I had to do the same **** last night.

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
186 - 01-26-2010, 18:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF_Grungir View Post
i believe you can change your email addy on the bioware site... not ea. I had to do the same **** last night.
Yeah, I changed my old one on gmail to one with a. in the email.

Then I updated my hotmail one with my gamertag to my new gmail account.

Then I tried to make a nickname and found out my Bioware forum account was still active which was tied to my defunct planettribes.com email account.

WOW

But I think it's all good now.

Hahha.

Fox k
Veteran++
Old
187 - 01-26-2010, 19:00
Just got home pissed off from work, installed the game, redeemed my codes, I'm trying to sign into the "Cerberus" network right now and its just sitting there.

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
188 - 01-26-2010, 19:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
it seems most of these guys with issues are playing the warezed version....so the issues they are seeing may be part of SecuROM. I know for Damnation we put in all kinds of crazy **** that would happen if you played the warez version.
I don't really understand how tricking people into thinking your game is a buggy piece of **** is an effective method of antipiracy. One of the Iron Lore Titan Quest devs actually cried to the interwebs that his game did poorly because it had a reputation as a buggy piece of **** due to the anti-piracy stuff they put in it (duh).

FalseMyrmidon
1700+
Old
189 - 01-26-2010, 19:20
The scanning would be more bearable if it "painted" the planet with something kind of like thermal imaging showing where to shoot your probe so you didn't have to stare at the stupid oscilloscope thing on the side. You could also go a lot faster then since you wouldn't have to pay attention.

Kalyx
VeteranX
Old
190 - 01-26-2010, 20:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuNansen View Post
Understood on the planet scanning. That's definitely been the most common complaint so far (though there have also been some people that really liked it). It's a fun mini-game, but we just made you have to do it too much.

When I got tired of it, the way I sped it up is to let on and off the trigger repeatedly. Basically keep it moving fast most the time, and just watch the scanner during the quick triggers to see if you're close to anything.
Yeah, I learned to do that when I tried scanning the first planet, there was no way I was going to sit there and have that slow scanner move all along the planets surface.

Also, just used the terminus heavy weapon you get for pre-ordering, thing was effing cool, sucked all the enemies in then blew them outwards. Awesome!

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
191 - 01-26-2010, 20:19
I've given up on having to resource hunt and will simply use a trainer to get the element zero I need. I easily found over 150k of the rest of the ****.

SL83
VeteranXV
Old
192 - 01-26-2010, 21:36
Anyone else have issues trying to copy their mass effect 2 save on xbox 360? I had to MOVE mine. Copying it wouldn't work.

Why MuNansen why?

Travace
VeteranXV
Old
193 - 01-26-2010, 21:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcursion View Post
I've given up on having to resource hunt and will simply use a trainer to get the element zero I need. I easily found over 150k of the rest of the ****.
is there one already? i hear ya tho... i have not seen much of the zero at all :/

TF_Grungir
VeteranXV
Old
194 - 01-26-2010, 21:43
i started off with 50k of most resources and 130k in cash... is that normal?

Madend
VeteranXV
Old
195 - 01-26-2010, 21:46
you get a cash, resource and exp bonus at the start if you import a character as well as some paragon/renegade points. how much depends on the level of the char you imported and his alignment

if you don't start with a me1 import you kind of get screwed, lots of possible small appearances are omitted. though i guess they wouldn't make sense anyway since a fresh player would have no idea who the secretary from noveria was, for instance

Last edited by Madend; 01-26-2010 at 21:53..
Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
196 - 01-26-2010, 21:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travace View Post
is there one already? i hear ya tho... i have not seen much of the zero at all :/
Yea, I used a +8 one from gamecopyworld. I had to bring up the escape menu first for it to list the resources adn then added 130k of zero to it.

Madend
VeteranXV
Old
197 - 01-26-2010, 21:55
ezero is def the hardest to find. planets will usually have none or a lot. the system where you pick up jack has a good planet, also the planet
Spoiler
lastly there's a system that has a big asteroid belt with 3 planets in the belt that all have a bunch

Kallama
VeteranXV
Old
198 - 01-26-2010, 22:06
Quote:
1) Don***8217;t worry about savegame transfers

A big deal has been made (and rightfully so) about transferring savegames for Mass Effect 2. But really, it isn***8217;t that big a deal. Playing the game without a transferred savegame will give a nearly identical play experience to someone with a savegame. You may not get all the added bonuses or the same choices (such as the council being run by humans and Udina, and Wrex being dead), but ultimately the game itself is not lacking without a Mass Effect 1 savegame.
I found this pretty true so far.

-mallama

Xcursion
VeteranXX
Old
199 - 01-26-2010, 22:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madend View Post
ezero is def the hardest to find. planets will usually have none or a lot. the system where you pick up jack has a good planet, also the planet
Spoiler
lastly there's a system that has a big asteroid belt with 3 planets in the belt that all have a bunch
I farmed a couple systems and had a bunch of it but stupidly went to pick an ability that a loyal member of my team has that I could learn several times despite only having one option at that time. Wasted 15k doing that

dubsack
VeteranXV
Old
200 - 01-26-2010, 22:30
Just picked my copy and played thru a small part of the first mission. Pretty good so far. Took me a second to realize the button config like holding x to quick swap weapons. Any other quick tips like that?

Also, is there a finite amount of resources or do they replenish over time?

Page 10 of 56

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mass Effect 2

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
sl83 , yarr matey i banged katie