Nublets Listen Up

Cuda

The A-maze-ing4
Veteran XV
http://evemon.battleclinic.com/downloads/EVEMon-install-1.2.4.1005.exe

This is your training program. It has everything you need to plan out your skills. You start a plan on the top and choose skills to put in your plan. If we tell you a ship to fly, you can find it in the ship tab and add the needed skill to your plan. You can do the same with items. This is the standard skill program so pretty much everybody can help with questions. It will even tell you what learning skills to train that will increase your efficiency in training.

To get started in PVP, you want to fly a rifter. Most people are going to be caldari or minnie, so slap missiles or guns on it. The skills needed are below.

1. Minmatar Frigate I (33 minutes, 20 seconds)
2. Minmatar Frigate II (2 hours, 35 minutes, 16 seconds)
3. Minmatar Frigate III (14 hours, 38 minutes, 4 seconds)
4. Electronics I (21 minutes, 44 seconds)
5. Electronics II (1 hour, 41 minutes, 18 seconds)
6. Electronics III (9 hours, 32 minutes, 36 seconds)
7. Navigation I (23 minutes, 48 seconds)
8. Navigation II (1 hour, 50 minutes, 57 seconds)
9. Propulsion Jamming I (1 hour, 5 minutes, 13 seconds)
10. Navigation III (10 hours, 27 minutes, 8 seconds)
11. Navigation IV (2 days, 11 hours, 8 minutes, 5 seconds)
12. Afterburner I (23 minutes, 48 seconds)
13. Afterburner II (1 hour, 50 minutes, 57 seconds)
14. Afterburner III (10 hours, 27 minutes, 8 seconds)
15. Afterburner IV (2 days, 11 hours, 8 minutes, 5 seconds)
16. High Speed Maneuvering I (1 hour, 59 minutes, 2 seconds)
17. Mechanic I (21 minutes, 44 seconds)
18. Hull Upgrades I (43 minutes, 28 seconds)

Seven days later you're useful in PVP. This is training up from an old character with shitty attributes so you'll have this trained in even less time.

EVE Files: EFT2.5.ZIP

The second program is for ship fitting. This program uses the API key you get from EveMon. It grabs your skills automatically and lets you play with ship fitting. It's a lot easier than buying stuff in game and finding out it doesn't fit. A lot of people use this also, so you can get help in game. Pick your ship out of the top menu, select your character at the top of the ship window and grab mods out of the list on the left. Your fitting reqs are on the top right and turn red when you go over. You can switch mods on or off to find how long you can hold cap for. It's a great little program.

Last edited:
Nanofiber Internal Structure I
Overdrive Injector System I

1MN MicroWarpdrive I
Fleeting Warp Scrambler I
Cap Recharger I

[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

Here's your rifter setup. Upgrade to better named items when you can afford it. The Fleeting Warp Scrambler saves a buttload of cap so I'd suggest starting off with that anyway. Throw whatever guns/launchers fit with your leftover grid/cpu in the highs. I'll get more into how tackling works later. Must get sleep.

I d/lded those programs will install tonight. Thanks for all the help so far btw. I"ll probably keep doing missions for awhile till i"m comfortable before trying to move forward to much. (think i have 90% of those skills done when I first created anyways so doing all my learning stuff now)

kestrels put out a world of hurt, but they have shit for cap, can't warp very far, and are slow so they're not good for tackling.

Also, don't get frustrated if you die, because you're probably going to die a lot. The only time I get the slightest bit pissy about death is when I know it was because of my error.

Nanofiber Internal Structure I

1MN MicroWarpdrive I
Cap Recharger I

[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

Here's your rifter setup. Upgrade to better named items when you can afford it. The Fleeting Warp Scrambler saves a buttload of cap so I'd suggest starting off with that anyway. Throw whatever guns/launchers fit with your leftover grid/cpu in the highs. I'll get more into how tackling works later. Must get sleep.

No webifier?

Incidentally, using the tool to create my plan it has recommended I pick up some learning skills. One of them is Clarity. In my region, Clarity sells for 4.5mil isk.. is it that way everywhere?

Incidentally, using the tool to create my plan it has recommended I pick up some learning skills. One of them is Clarity. In my region, Clarity sells for 4.5mil isk.. is it that way everywhere?

The secondary learning skills seem to be right at 4.5 million. I bit the bullet and bought the one for Memory the other day with the intention of continuing to level up my Learning for a while. I won't be able to afford my next secondary learning skill for a while though.

Ok, I've got the following Rifter with a tackling loadout purchased and sitting in Jita. Cost ~2.5 million total. Thought some others might want to see it, I think it's a pretty good mid-line Tackler for a beginner that uses a few of the higher Meta Level modules. I might not take this one out the first few times I PVP as I'm sure I'll have plenty to learn and probably do something stupid and get myself killed when I shouldn't.

Beta Hull Mod Nanofiber Structure I
Beta Hull Mod Overdrive Injector I

Phased Monopropellant I Hydrazine Boosters
F-b10 Nominal Capacitor Regenerator

200mm Light Gallium I Machine Gun - Depleted Uranium S
OE-5200 Rocket Launcher - Phalanx Rocket (used after the autocannons take out the shield)

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]

Last edited:
Ok, I've got the following Rifter with a tackling loadout purchased and sitting in Jita. Cost ~2.5 million total. Thought some others might want to see it, I think it's a pretty good mid-line Tackler for a beginner that uses a few of the higher Meta Level modules.

Beta Hull Mod Nanofiber Structure I

Phased Monopropellant I Hydrazine Boosters
F-b10 Nominal Capacitor Regenerator

OE-5200 Rocket Launcher - Phalanx Rocket (used after the autocannons take out the shield)

[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]
[empty rig slot]
Why the fuck did you buy all named components for something that has a tendency to die a lot?

Why the fuck did you buy all named components for something that has a tendency to die a lot?

Disposable income? hehe

I don't intend to use this exact loadout immediately until I learn the ins and outs of PVP, but I did what Cuda said which was to buy named components if I could afford to. I've been playing for a few weeks and had enough where I felt it might be beneficial. Losing this ship wouldn't kill me, so I don't really see the issue.

If you're in a rifter in a main gang, you're probably not going to get shot at first. You can afford to fit it with somewhat decent stuff. If you're scouting in a rifter, you're gonna die so you can fit shitty stuff. Fleeting scram is always a no brainer though because it gives you an extra 30 seconds of cap.

TACKLING LESSON TIME!!!!!

Now that you have your Rifter, it's time to make somebody have a bad day. The first thing to do is set your orbit range. To do that, click on a stargate in your overview and right click the orbit button. Set orbit range to 12000-14000 meters. This will keep you out of the 10km web range. Getting webbed is assured death in any frig. Speed is life.

After you warp in on somebody, you'll turn on your mwd, scram, and guns and start orbiting him. Never approach another ship. You will be to easy to hit. Always double click in space and go at him at an angle. Start to orbit him when you're close. If you're going fast enough, nothing can touch you. Keep orbiting until you run out of cap. If you run out of cap, warp off, let cap regen a bit, warp back in.

Another tip for conserving cap...if you're the only one holding the target down and you need to keep him there a few more seconds before someone else gets there, you can cycle your MWD on and off without letting your speed get low enough to take heavy damage. It takes a little practice, but all you're really doing is clicking the MWD icon to disable it, waiting for it to stop flashing red (which means it's no longer active), and reactivating it before your speed falls all the way off. This should give you about 5 extra seconds of boost per cycle.

This depends alot on your target too. You wouldn't want to do it against a Drake or other smaller missle boat, because as long as the missles are faster than you, they will hit you. Against turret ships or cruise or torp missle boats, you have to balance your transversal against their tracking or missle speed to keep from getting hit hard.

Back