Why do my headphones not plug into my blackberry?

No shit...

Any phone now has a solid 3.5mm... All old phone have the same 2.5mm that is used on xbox controllers.

:shrug:

Get a fucking headset you cheap bastard.
The audio quality isn't THAT great and you'd have to unplug them to make a call... or hold the phone in front of your well liked face to talk and look like a jackass.

Better than my HTC Snap, which is basically a WinMo BB Curve. It uses microUSB as a headphone jack...wtf.

Get a fucking headset you cheap bastard.
The audio quality isn't THAT great and you'd have to unplug them to make a call... or hold the phone in front of your well liked face to talk and look like a jackass.

huh? that does remind me that i should try setting up my bluetooth. i haven't gotten around to that.

on a side note, the speaker quality is actually quite impressive.

That's one thing that would annoy me if I actually wanted to use the headphones on my HTC. I'd have to carry around a special dongle that has a headphone jack and USB connection all the time to be able to use them.

Mine came with USB headphones, but i've never used them because it's a pain in the ass. I carry an ipod around all the time for the gym, so I just dig that out.

The phone is three years old and now you ask?

hahahahahaha you're expecting a lot from your old ass phone dude

having a standard 3.5mm jack is expecting a lot? having the built-in feature work of bluetooth work with all types of audio output is expecting a lot?

im not expecting technology that wasn't available 3 years ago..

1st gen iphones had a gimped jack too, other cell phones have proprietary connections, you have to look out for the features you want yourself

check the bluetooth capabilities of the phone, bluetooth may only be enabled for data transfer. alternatively, if you got the phone from a cell company they not allow bluetooth to be used for audio (my cell provider doesn't allow data transfer via bluetooth but does allow through cables or microSD...anti-piracy measure or some shit)

cell phones have proprietary connections, you have to look out for the features you want yourself

I have a samsung that has a weird ass connection
I knew that after I researched the phone like any normal person would do

OMG I'VE HAD THIS PHONE FOR THREE YEARS AND THE JACK IS WEIRD AND MEDIA PLAYER DOESN'T WORK WITH BLUETOOTH WHAT IS THE DEAL

Back