Hello Great Depression 2

If we're going to spend $700B on something (not suggesting we do), splitting it up and doing another "stimulus package" 10x larger than the last one would probably "help main street" a lot more than the current proposal.

They are saying they're doing it to "save main street," aren't they?

because people buying large TVs then losing their jobs is great for the economy.

Oh god the humanity of rich people bailing out rich people...

yeah all those millionaires are going to hurt so bad when transferring their wealth to depression type stocks and then reinvesting in 5 years and buying more and more while all the poor people lose jobs/can't buy shit.

The people who get helped the most by this bill are not fat cats on wall street.

They pay 5% - deductions/loopholes.
You know...wait - no, you don't.

i hear the same, and in many ways i agree. But I also know that if something isnt done, it wont matter one way or the other if the people dont like paying for it because there wont be any money in their pocket books or bank accounts by then.

Unfortunately i think that ultimately the everyday taxpayer is either going to have to bite the bullet and let this package go through, or exercise the second amendment.

As this country has lost its backbone, they should go ahead and push the bailout package through now and get it over with.

Well, unfortunately I don't want my financial future ruined just because you feel some odd malaise at how America 'let you down'.

Rushing legislation of this magnitude through without even letting people read it, is just stupid, plain and simple. And given that the people in charge of drafting this ill-worded piece of shit, are probably the same people who sunk the country's finances and are about to be let off the hook for doing so, well, no, sorry, I don't trust them.

One way or another the average tax payer pays for the mistakes of Wall Street and Washington. We ALWAYS do. Neither of those financial animals EVER worries, nobody involved ever pays fines nor goes to jail. So at least it's in our best interests to try and not pay every fucking red cent. It still boggles my mind that the very people who sat at the heads of these failing companies are still able to secure their departure financial packages. I would NEVER allow any of them to leave with a penny, but they escape with millions of dollars as payment for failures that literally affect the entire country.

Frankly I would love to put them all in prison; you think kid rapists are in danger in general populace? I'd pay some AIDS-riddled shank-face scumbag to fuck them.

because people buying large TVs then losing their jobs is great for the economy.
People are a little less wasteful now that the shit has come very close to the fan. Most of that money would go into banks, freeing up lending capabilities for banks.

That's what we need, isn't it?

It's stupid

lets take 700 billion on debt and give every american some check in however long it would take (at least a month) and hope that 1/5 give it to banks so we can do the same thing 5 more times to fix the problem..

or just take 700 billion out, buy the mortgages, wait for housing to rebound and lose 200 billion total with a possibility of profit. Which would lessen the impact on the deficit.

But yeah a buncha idiots buying TVs and gasoline while DOW tanks and companies do mass layoffs is great, I wonder why people haven't thought of it before.

Last edited:
Well, unfortunately I don't want my financial future ruined just because you feel some odd malaise at how America 'let you down'.
Hook, line, and sinker.

A month ago "fundamentals are strong."

Now, "OMG WE'RE ALL FUCKED QUICK GIVE ME $700B."

you dont seem to understand that this money should be used for something useful, rather than giving a bunch of executives their golden parachutes while doing jack fucking shit for the economy.

think about it like this you dense fuck:

bankers lobbied for the deregulation that made this possible and have profited greatly from it, only they squeezed a little too much out of the american people too quickly and we can no longer afford to pay up. Their greed is catching up to them and instead of accepting that their poor lending decisions led to this situation, they want to be bailed out by the same people they have been fucking over for years?

Last edited:
Why do retards that don't understand the economy or politics try to act like experts when the media cries out over something. Just because this bail out plan was not passed does not mean a bail out will not occur. Get that through your dumb fucking brain. The current plan needed to be revised and I'm thankful for once that the house took the time to read it and draft a better one.

Have you checked your 401k today? Your financial future is taking a shit as we speak.

No shit sherlock., You think I want to lose the income i DO have left to added taxes for a bailout that could turn into a fucking balloon mortgage for the entire country?

The doom and gloom that Bush + company started spewing a week ago.

I don't listen to what Bush ever says, conclusion-jumper. I watch how my 401k is tanking [as just pointed out] and how the Washington drones ARE listening to Bush.

I'll let you in on a little secret: every year I get mailed a proxy voting card for various changes to policy and chairmanship for the company I work for.

I read the pamphlets that come with it and see what the company wants or recommends me to vote for.

Then I vote the opposite.

Read and learn you dumbfucks

Hoover feared that too much intervention or coercion by the government would destroy individuality and self-reliance, which he considered to be important American values. Those ideals, as well as the economy were put to the test with the onset of The Great Depression. At the outset of the Depression, Hoover claims in his memoirs that he rejected Treasury Secretary Mellon's suggested "leave-it-alone" approach.[13] Critics[who?], on the other hand, accused Hoover of sharing Mellon's laissez-faire viewpoint. It is often inaccurately stated that Herbert Hoover did nothing while the world economy eroded. President Hoover made attempts to stop "the downward spiral" of the Great Depression. His policies, however, had little or no effect. As the economy quickly deteriorated in the early years of the Great Depression, Hoover declined to pursue legislative relief, believing that it would make people dependent on the federal government.

:lol:

Are you people bitching about your 401k planning on cashing it out in the next 2 years. I highly doubt it. It tanked after 9/11 and OMG went back up. Markets go up and down, that is the nature of the market. While this recession might take awhile to recover from, most of us on this board have that kind of time.

The people who will be highly affected by this are people in need of credit. Student loans, home mortgages, etc... And of course people who are actually retiring right now.

Last edited:
btw you guys are idiots if you think this won't affect you at all. I mean there will be layoffs, it will be harder to get credit..

already we have lost 1.2 trillion in investments in the DOW just today

Guess%20Who%20Really%20Pays%20the%20Taxes.jpg

Last edited:
I would just like to thank the man in charge of our country for making this all possible with his frivolous spending and terrible regulation.

george-bush-sour.jpg

This beer is for you.

Back