Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Failocrats: Biden Hates You, yes YOU
Page 3 of 4
mrkshammerhand
VeteranXX
Old
41 - 08-25-2008, 13:22
go obama

"It really is astonishing to me that the media is missing one of the biggest stories of the whole election- the gaming of the convention itself. This is going to be one giant caucus fraud and it***8217;s going to be shown before a huge, televised, national audience and yet, the DNC and the Obama campaign are trying to force delegates into a final official vote before the actual roll call vote. Do they think no one will notice?

One reporter got a clue last night (though we***8217;ll see if she actually follows up on it). She said something like, ***8220;Aren***8217;t they supposed to do that on the convention floor? If the vote is official before they vote, isn***8217;t that breaking the rules?***8221; Ding! Ding! Ding! Now, as a journalist, it would be super keen and nifty if she would use her credentials and find out if the scenario I am painting for her is true. In normal conventions, is is the practice to take an informal vote before going to the floor, I guess to make sure there are no surprises, like Louisiana suddenly displaying a fondness for some obscure blue dog. But if it is true that *this* year, the pre-roll call vote that happens in the hotels is the vote that will be considered official and final, then it seems to me that we have taken the scripting of the convention too far. Other rumors are that some of the states are going to be skipped over until the end when they will be ***8220;adjusted***8221; to make sure Obama is over the top ala the Indiana primary.

Patrick and Brad critique the hummus
We hope to be hearing the delegates again before Wednesday so we can firm up some of what is actually going on. But I challenge the press to investigate this more thoroughly. The convention is just a giant caucus and it is very easy to pressure the delegates, mislead them and game the system. Why would Obama have to do this if he were winning so handily?"

Sponsored Links
Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
42 - 08-25-2008, 13:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DacTheHork View Post
It seems very weird that somehow the program only works for white people and black people regress to normal. This statistic alone is up to debate imo, and shows that it is only works in good schools.
So then shouldn't the debate begin how can we improve schools rather than **** anyone that can't live near a good school?

Quote:
Above quote taken from the article. Also even the article says that the head start programs existence is up in the air in terms of providing any meaningful services.
Yeah, he was citing findings from other articles, something most people tend to do. The article directly contradicts this second claim, which tells me you didn't actually read much.

Quote:
This is a health service and has nothing to do with education
pro tip: Head Start isn't just education, in fact education only accounts for 40% of the budget in Head Start. Maybe you should learn about programs that you want to criticize rather than poorly trying to argue **** and resorting to rhetoric.

Quote:
So yes with no conclusive evidence to support the program, lets throw more and more money at it when we have a plethora of proven and tested ways to immediately improve education across the board. Let's not reform the actual education system because we are too ***** and would rather have bullet points of throwing money at ****.
Is this the first time you've ever read an academic paper? In case you couldn't understand what that was saying, he was citing another article that drew that conclusion and pointing out that the authors of that article acknowledged that there were errors that could bias their conclusion towards finding that there was no significance in educational impact for head start.

If you had read anything other than the first page or two, you would have also found this:

Quote:
We find no detectable Head start impacts on achievement test scores or non-cognitive outcomes in middle school, yet find at least suggestive evidence for long-term effects on years of schooling completed
Quote:
Because as a president and politician all we want to do is introduce more bloat and spending. That is what makes the voters happy to hear that we will spend money and create all sorts of interesting programs that will have zilch effect.

Hey this fridge doesn't make things cold very fast.. lets make it 30% bigger to alleviate the problem...
Did you even read anything past the first two pages?

Musashi
SGT Shred++
Contributor
Old
43 - 08-25-2008, 13:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavey View Post
You mean like the most expensive war campaign in world history?
as a percentage of GDP, the 30 years war blows this one out of the water.

Not to mention the Punic wars which nearly bankrupted both rome and carthage.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
44 - 08-25-2008, 13:30
Vote McCain/whoever until Congress changes back over to the Repubs, then vote Democrats.

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
45 - 08-25-2008, 13:33
Dacs performance in this thread is much like his performance in GW.

sub par.

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
46 - 08-25-2008, 13:37
btw, lawl

YouTube - Anti-War Protesters Meance Intrepid Fox News Reporter!

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
47 - 08-25-2008, 13:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
Vote McCain/whoever until Congress changes back over to the Repubs, then vote Democrats.
Unless the democrats get 60 seats in the senate, it's not likely to matter. They give up at the slightest sign of resistance or threat of filibuster by the republicans

claudius
VeteranX
Old
48 - 08-25-2008, 13:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkshammerhand View Post
Patrick and Brad critique the hummus
Oh, yeah? How did it taste?

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
49 - 08-25-2008, 13:39
The dems have a good chance at a filibuster-proof majority in Congress.

Chavey
Unregistered
Old
50 - 08-25-2008, 13:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post

Not to mention the Punic wars which nearly bankrupted both rome and carthage.
Fine, fine. As part of GDP, blah blah blah.

Never mind the fact that these wars were all fought by military empires that existed before capitalism was ever implemented. Different era, different circumstances.

Automatic Jack
VeteranX
Old
51 - 08-25-2008, 13:48
Bush is finally enough of a lame duck for Maliki to spell out his "**** You."

Quote:
BAGHDAD - Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said Monday no security agreement with the United States could be reached unless it included a "specific deadline" for the withdrawal of all American troops from Iraq.
No US troops will be there to keep them from nationalizing their oil again. Mission = fail, which I would say is the best possible outcome. Somehow future presidents have to be discouraged from doing this kind of thing. In lieu of actual punishment, I suppose utter failure will have to do.

Shame about all those dead commas people though.

TseTse
VeteranX
Old
52 - 08-25-2008, 13:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Jack View Post
Bush is finally enough of a lame duck for Maliki to spell out his "**** You."

No US troops will be there to keep them from nationalizing their oil again. Mission = fail, which I would say is the best possible outcome. Somehow future presidents have to be discouraged from doing this kind of thing. In lieu of actual punishment, I suppose utter failure will have to do.

Shame about all those dead commas people though.
I guess this shouldnt be a surprise with Iraqi elections coming up.

It's quite funny.

I predict Bush will have to just declare victory and compromise on this (the question is just whether it's before the convention or done after)

haniblecter
VeteranXX
Old
53 - 08-25-2008, 14:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
But he wants to tax everyone.

That's the democrat way. Suggest a new program, along with a tax to pay for it.
Tax the rich people.

**** em.

DacTheHork
Veteran++
Old
54 - 08-25-2008, 14:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by haniblecter View Post
Tax the rich people.

**** em.
Taxing is ****ing dumb

How about cutting spending instead

clu
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
55 - 08-25-2008, 14:26
if it's good for america, the dumb-no-crats are against it.

that's what happens when you base your policy on hating america.

Phyr
VeteranX
Old
56 - 08-25-2008, 14:28
Cutting taxes and increasing spending is dumb.

Automatic Jack
VeteranX
Old
57 - 08-25-2008, 14:34
Some DNC chick was soliciting donations in front of Whole Foods. She got this huge gleam in her eye talking about a Windfall Profits Tax...I lit into her, telling her if Obama doesn't stop calling it a tax, he's an idiot, and how they should call the exact same a Gas Rebate.

It's not a tax, or it shouldn't be. The government shouldn't get the money, the buyers should. That would be a rebate, and that would pass in a heartbeat. It almost makes the conspiracy niut in me think that Obama doesn't want it to happen, with a stupid name like that.

Anyway, I am non-partisan, so I told her to **** off.

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
58 - 08-25-2008, 14:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
Blows it out of the water because in the 1600's, GDP records were meticulously calculated and stored.

Musashi
SGT Shred++
Contributor
Old
59 - 08-25-2008, 14:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
Blows it out of the water because in the 1600's, GDP records were meticulously calculated and stored.
rough estimates.

Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
60 - 08-25-2008, 15:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by TseTse View Post
The dems have a good chance at a filibuster-proof majority in Congress.
Not really, 538 currently has the probabilities of them winning 56 or 57 senate seats at 58 and 45% respectively.

Obviously this is only a snapshot, but the early appearance that they could win 60 seats appears highly unlikely now.

Page 3 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Failocrats: Biden Hates You, yes YOU

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
judgement day is near , obama=antichrist , p=np , partisan hackery