Tribes 2 Install, Patch

So...I have a problem. I downloaded the install posted at the beginning of this thread from mirror 1, got about 60-somthing percent through, and got an error. The error (as you'll see below) mentions that the installation file may be corrupt. So, I tried mirror 2, which is apparently 404 city.

Next logical step, I would guess, would be to try mirror 3. After 4 and a half hours (at about 30kb/s), I finally get the file...which gets to about 30% or so, then proceeds to feed me the same error.

Now, a couple of things: the first time, I used Firefox, which uses a download manager, which I surmised might be the problem. However, the second time, I used IE with no dlm.

So, is this a file problem or a hardware problem?

(Error below)

An I/O error occurred while installing a file. This is normally caused by bad installation media or a corrupt installation file.
[Abort] [Retry]
^^
Yields:

Corrupt installation file!
[OK]

edit: In the interest of fairness to the retry button (as it tends to get little love in these situations), when pressed, it goes back and *gasp* tries to install whatever file it was on when the error occurred (which changes from time to time). As yet, it has failed to net a different result.

Also, sorry for the long post =)

Last edited:
Serious issue....

I just reformatted my computer for the third time....Reason being, I think its Defense Turret.

My computer is nice and clean and free of pop ups of any kind until I install the Defense Turret, for some reason after I install it, I get these "Registry", "Regwinfix.com", "Critical Registry Errors" messages, WTF!!! I cant even play T2 for 10 minutes without getting one of these pop ups!!! Is there anything I can do to get rid of this! Everything else is running fine and super fast, T2 is great, internet is super fast, wtf!!! Help IS appreciated since I had my friend reformat and try to get rid of these pop ups 3 times now.

-RacingHart.

P.S.

Could these pop ups be coming from a VIA Audio Deck I downloaded for my sound driver? Personally, since we didnt get any pop ups with the audio deck installed, I think its DT.

Here is what the pop ups look like, they always ask me to go somewhere, pay some money($39.95) to fix the problems, most recent one said to go to like windowsrepair.net....help please they pop up like every 10mins...

error.jpg

Last edited:
XeroShift.05 said:
So as i asked before. Anyone know if Not having DT installed would effect the servers not showing up on my friends game? I don't have a cd key for the game but he has it all set up properly like explained here and no servers are showing up. Is the master server down again?

This situation occurs when the Tribes 2 client has not been updated to the latest build version (25034) and therefore the master servers will not locate any servers currently running the same version as the Tribes 2 client.

Install the Tribes 2 Retail CD Version 21570 and then install the Tribes 2 Update 25034. Install the TWL Map Pack into the base directory and then extract the Tribes 2 Classic Modification 1.5.2 into the base directory. Make a new shortcut to the "Tribes 2 Executable" Tribes2.exe and add -nologin and -mod classic to the end of the commandline "C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData\tribes2.exe" -nologin -mod classic. Launch the shortcut and configure your settings and then host a game to configure your loadout. Install the Defense Turret 1.15 Anti-Cheat Software and then follow the Tribes 2 Launch Setup outlined in the Tribes 2 Installation Guide at the beginning of this thread.

Last edited:
maybe I'm stupid, but, I installed Tribes 2, tryied to install the patch, and it bitches about it. ok. common, but the thing is: when i try to run the fix thing, it asks for the tribes 2 CD, which I obviously dont have, i tryied targeting it to my drive(where the instal file is) and it just says "no". so i dont have an idea of what to do now.

so yep, pretty much I'm just a retard who can't even make the fix thing work.

The latest re-release retail version does not require the installation of the Tribes 2 patch. The Tribes 2 first aid utility is only applicable for the original retail cd version. Install the latest re-release retail version and then install the twl map packs into the base directory. Install the defense turret anti-cheat software and then follow the Tribes 2 launch setup outlined in the installation guide at the beginning of this thread.

So as i asked before. Anyone know if Not having DT installed would effect the servers not showing up on my friends game? I don't have a cd key for the game but he has it all set up properly like explained here and no servers are showing up. Is the master server down again?

atar350z said:
Here is what the pop ups look like, they always ask me to go somewhere, pay some money($39.95) to fix the problems, most recent one said to go to like windowsrepair.net....help please they pop up like every 10mins...

error.jpg
lol thats not dt, thats the windows messanger service

use this/update xp and get a firewall/router ASAP.

http://www.grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm

XeroShift.05 said:

Not dt doesnt affect the server list, are you sure hes running in online mode and not lan mode?

Last edited:
KnightMare said:
lol thats not dt, thats the windows messanger service

use this/update xp and get a firewall/router ASAP.

http://www.grc.com/stm/shootthemessenger.htm

Not dt doesnt affect the server list, are you sure hes running in online mode and not lan mode?
or....

Start>Run>msconfig

Click the Services tab
Search through all the windows services until you find "messenger", uncheck, apply, okay, reboot.

Tekra said:
or....

Start>Run>msconfig

Click the Services tab
Search through all the windows services until you find "messenger", uncheck, apply, okay, reboot.
right but considering he thinks its dt, I thought a simple one button would easier for him.

No I don't believe hes runing it in lan mode. I'll have to ask him to try it again sometime. This was a couple months ago when he tryed. Maybe the master server was down for a bit. :shrug:

anyone have a link to defense turret? what if i cant recall my PWd or cant recall my CD key info? can i still get my shit reset?
Tribes 2 Installation Guide

Without your Tribes 2 CD key you will not be able to email sierra to reset your account, therefore your only option to retrieve your login info would be to load Tribes 2, click the “email me my login info” button, then either put in your email address which you use to signed up for your account or click the other button and put in your exact userid. The defense turret download location and other essential files can be found in the Tribes 2 Installation Guide located at the beginning of this thread.

well, that's a bunch of bullshit. i don't have my original CD and most likely don't have the email i used anymore either. i emailed them anyways asking if there is anything they can do.

Back