AMD 1800X fuck smashing "all" the Intel 5960X records.

Ive had a i7-4770k and a gtx760 for 3 years and i am just waiting to see the vega shit and what it does for pricing. im still rocking a 1080 monitor so my upgrade on a video card will need a new monitor too. not sure where to go. ultrawide is ridiculous but sexy. a 40" 4k tv with 4:4:4 sounds nice but i assume ill hate it when playing pubg.

I had a 970 and 4790k. I had no problems playing anything really. Maybe it could use a bump in the latest and greatest games, but I don't really have time to play them anyway.

I just wanted to build a new system and water cool it so my damn GPU wouldn't scream like a banshee during load. Then I discovered ITX motherboards and figured I'd try a smaller case, which means new almost everything.

I really wanted an AMD, but they don't have shit for shit for ITX choices. :\

Still using the 970 for now, but the 7700k upgrade was fairly significant by itself. It's near a 20% increase in some games.

Ive had a i7-4770k and a gtx760 for 3 years and i am just waiting to see the vega shit and what it does for pricing. im still rocking a 1080 monitor so my upgrade on a video card will need a new monitor too. not sure where to go. ultrawide is ridiculous but sexy. a 40" 4k tv with 4:4:4 sounds nice but i assume ill hate it when playing pubg.

Drop $5k on an 8K monitor and another $7k on hardware to semi-utilize it:

I fucking hate how technology is now leaping faster than standards. Drop 2k+ on a groundbreaking piece of hardware and have something else replace the tech completely in 6 months.

I watched that video last night. The only conclusion I reached was that it will probably be impossible to play Tribes at 8k. I don't think the engine will be able to handle the amount of information. 4k may be the sweet spot for gaming entirely. At least until DX12/Vulkan become the standard in 5 years.

Last edited:
Can we even see 8k? lol im not sure what the point would be.

after further research....

The 85″ 8K TV displayed by Sharp at CES 2013 will need to be seen at about 4 feet for it to look like a 1080p computer monitor at one feet.

lol so id need roughly a 65" monitor at 3 feet?

Last edited:
You can't see the pixels any more, so everything is ultra sharp and smooth.

Last edited:
I fucking hate how technology is now leaping faster than standards. Drop 2k+ on a groundbreaking piece of hardware and have something else replace the tech completely in 6 months.

Im fine with it. in fact, its great. these people subsidize tech development for me to buy used or in a few years. I don't need to ever drop 2k on technology because i'm not a consumer whore that has to buy latest gadget.

I had a 970 and 4790k. I had no problems playing anything really. Maybe it could use a bump in the latest and greatest games, but I don't really have time to play them anyway.

I just wanted to build a new system and water cool it so my damn GPU wouldn't scream like a banshee during load. Then I discovered ITX motherboards and figured I'd try a smaller case, which means new almost everything.

I really wanted an AMD, but they don't have shit for shit for ITX choices. :\

Still using the 970 for now, but the 7700k upgrade was fairly significant by itself. It's near a 20% increase in some games.

I have a i5-3350 and a 970, there are def places I find my CPU not keeping up. Namely in PUG and when emulating BotW.

Im fine with it. in fact, its great. these people subsidize tech development for me to buy used or in a few years. I don't need to ever drop 2k on technology because i'm not a consumer whore that has to buy latest gadget.

That's fine. But my point is that in the last 3-4 years we haven't had anything become the new standard for something like TV panels, the ports used or the device delivering the content. The only 'tech development' we've had is this horizon of upcoming better capable tech. Most content is probably still in the form of 720p/1080p right now.

Because he plays new games and they are going to be DX12/Vulkan. So more cores/threads = higher minimum fps. The next year and a half the limits of 4 cores/8 threads are going to become more obvious.

Last edited:
You're too stupid to google how to configure your game. No amount of overclocking or upgrades are going to help you.

Last edited:
Because he plays new games and they are going to be DX12/Vulkan. So more cores/threads = higher minimum fps. The next year and a half the limits of 4 cores/8 threads are going to become more obvious.
highly doubt it. maybe in 4-5 years but dx12 is far from standard.

DX12 is already 2 years old. You're seriously underestimating the rate at which technology is going to advance over the next 24 months. I don't play new games, so I have no titles to cite. But Most major engines have moved to dx12/vulkan. DX11 is already 6 years old, no one is going backwards, especially with vulkan offering superior low-end performance.

Most new games are on UE4 which offers legacy support for dx11, but that's because lots of people still don't have dx12 capable gpus yet.

Last edited:
So your command line is already
Code:
[B]-USEALLAVAILABLECORES[/B] -sm4

Most games are old or have been in development for a few years. All the new games are going to be DX12/Vulkan. It may release as DX11 thos year, but it is on UE4, so they will enable DX12/Vulkan eventually. Probably next year, when more people are upgrading.

:shrug:

Last edited:
Back