Quick Leveling Question

Helado

Contributor
Veteran XV
So what's the difference between Howling Fjords and Borean Tundra. If I finish BT, should I just go to Dragonblight and skip Howling Fjords aside from jumping over to run Utgarde for fun?

2 schools of thought:

1) you'll be higher level, it will be even easier, and you can gain another level probably doing the quests.

2) You'll be dealing with all the fuckwits asking where the catacombs are and ganking all the mobs.

Personally, I'm probably going to head out for dragonblight or whathave you.

Do both areas if you want more quests for cash at 80.

Also, DB is a terrible zone (save for the Wrath Gate line, which seems to be the only thing the zone is good for).

do both areas if you're a masochist and enjoy activities like mashing your dick w/ a hammer. get out of the two starting areas asap to spread yourself out from everyone. it'll still be busy out there, but nothing like the starting zones in wotlk

I spent almost an hour doing a simple quest in howling fjord last night looking for these little proto drakes, fucking annoying

I love this zone though, I'm about 71.5 and I know there are A LOT more quests here since I did the entire area in the beta, I'm pretty much sailing through them

I found all of the quests in tundra very fast. The only time I ever waited was for some named mob who I stole the first tap on 2 minutes later.

Mobs spawn really fast :eek:

Ya Fizzlecrank was nice, but most of the named mob's I just skipped. 30-40 people waiting on Grum or whatever his name is at that southern camp was ridiculous. Same with the cultists in the alliance towns.

I prefer the Fjord for seemingly easier access to the dungeon there (Nexus seems like a pain to get to). Other than that there seems to be a lot of skinning in Fjord and unlike Tundra, doesn't look like some kids spilled his paint all over the goddamn landscape. Did a fuckton of quests in Fjord, tapped out two towns worth of quests and I'm little past halfway to 71. And that includes the three Utgarde Keep already done.

wow that sucks, I've done 60 quests and 3 dungeon runs, sitting at 71.5

there are at least 4 more quest hubs that I know about left

wow that sucks, I've done 60 quests and 3 dungeon runs, sitting at 71.5

there are at least 4 more quest hubs that I know about left

The crowds mess with the efficiency of it, so I move from hub to hub doing what I can in reasonable time rather than trying to camp certain mobs with 14 other people. I'll be hitting Borean Tundra after I do this, and there's always the walrus-murloc mini-hub down on the west side.

Last edited:
A lot of the quests are kill count now, and the few quest item ones are pretty reasonable for drops. And the setting fire to shit quests are great in terms of time.

I must be missing something in BT, I've finished up most everything but the few named quests I skipped, 1 or 2 cenarion, and amber ledge (oh and I think winterfin). I'm barely into 71 :| None of my buddies could get on through the queues to do Utgarde, hopefully tonight.

Last edited:
71.75 after leaving HF, 72 after a few quests in BT. Wish I hadn't dicked around w my DK and leveled him to 62 on release night. :\

71.5 after most of HF (most of northern end of the zone) and Coldarra and 4 Nexus runs on my main, almost 71 on my warrior doing maybe 5 BT quests and just WW/Cleave grinding mobs. It's 5-6 hours /played vs less than an hour, nerf melee.

I didn't think that Nexus was bad at all, I Aoe tanked everything with the prot paly, it had a decent pace to it.

UK I find is too easy, doesn't look bad but is very forgettable.

I still need to run Nex somethine tonday or Sunday. Gonna have to rummage around in BT to get the quests. Since our last guild run (with two scrubs) yielded the boss loot being sharded, figure do a once through for achievement and quest XP.

Back