49" monitors. worth it? by JuggerNaught - Page 9 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page 49" monitors. worth it?
Page 9 of 9
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
161 - 08-15-2022, 18:49
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/54620223
UserBenchmarks: Game 250%, Desk 113%, Work 265%
CPU: Intel Core i5-12600KF - 111.2%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080-Ti - 231.4%
SSD: Samsung 980 Pro NVMe PCIe M.2 2TB - 439.8%
SSD: Crucial MX500 2TB - 109.7%
HDD: WD Purple Surveillance 4TB (2017) - 113.8%
RAM: Kingston KF556C40-32 1x31GB - 102%
MBD: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI (MS-7D25)

Sponsored Links
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
162 - 08-16-2022, 14:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Did you install the GPU support? I did mine like this.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
163 - 08-16-2022, 15:02
Yes, I installed the support. It looks similar to your picture.

Next is getting backup drives and installing them on the back of the case.
2TB for the main C Drive
Amazon.com: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache
4TB for the storage Drive
Amazon.com: Seagate BarraCuda 4TB Internal Hard Drive HDD 3.5 Inch Sata 6 Gb/s 5400 RPM 256MB Cache
For the 2TB drive I'll use Acronis to clone it. For the storage drive I'll use Beyond Compare to copy it. Then I'll unplug the drives and there's no chance of ransom ware.

Back in the day everyone hated Win 8. They made a skin to make the main screen act like Win 7. Looks like they're doing the same with Win 11.

How to Make Windows 11 Look and Feel Like Windows 10 | Tom's Hardware
How to make Windows 11 look like Windows 10 | Digital Trends

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 08-16-2022 at 15:08..
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
164 - 08-16-2022, 16:06
Quote:
Yes, I installed the support. It looks similar to your picture.

Next is getting backup drives and installing them on the back of the case.
2TB for the main C Drive
Amazon.com: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB Internal Hard Drive HDD 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 7200 RPM 256MB Cache
4TB for the storage Drive
Amazon.com: Seagate BarraCuda 4TB Internal Hard Drive HDD 3.5 Inch Sata 6 Gb/s 5400 RPM 256MB Cache
For the 2TB drive I'll use Acronis to clone it. For the storage drive I'll use Beyond Compare to copy it. Then I'll unplug the drives and there's no chance of ransom ware.

Back in the day everyone hated Win 8. They made a skin to make the main screen act like Win 7. Looks like they're doing the same with Win 11.

How to Make Windows 11 Look and Feel Like Windows 10 | Tom's Hardware
How to make Windows 11 look like Windows 10 | Digital Trends
I thought you had a m.2 for c:, why a 3.5? You only have one 3.5 bay, and three 2.5 bays in that case, just like mine. I'm running the 2TB EVO M.2 as boot, a 2tb 2.5 ssd, and a 4tb 3.5 drive.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
165 - 08-17-2022, 06:50
I am running M2s for the drives.
C is this drive.
Amazon.com: SAMSUNG 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe Gen 4 Gaming M.2 Internal Solid State Hard Drive Memory Card, Maximum Speed, Thermal Control, MZ-V8P2T0B : Electronics
Storage is this drive.
Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 2280 4TB PCIe Gen4 x4 NVMe 1.4 3D TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) ZP4000GM3A013 - Newegg.com

My case has 4 SSD squares and 2 drive bays. Click the 4th picture and you can see the back here.
Fractal Design Torrent RGB Black E-ATX Tempered Glass Window High-Airflow Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

I'm going to get the standard Sata drives for backup because they're cheap and speed doesn't matter. After I backup my system I unplug them.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
166 - 08-17-2022, 12:20
Ah. Do you have a third 3.5 tray that fits in near the power supply also? I backup and move giant files with a USB adapter for 2.5 drives. Backups go in the locked safe. Please don't keep everything in one place. Computers are light and easy to snatch.
Amazon.com: StarTech.com SATA to USB Cable - USB 3.0 to 2.5***8364; SATA III Hard Drive Adapter - External Converter for SSD/HDD Data Transfer (USB3S2SAT3CB) : Electronics

I just got this one this in May, because I've got a bunch of old IDE drives around also.
Amazon.com: Unitek USB 3.0 to IDE and SATA Converter External Hard Drive Adapter Kit for Universal 2.5/3.5 HDD/SSD Hard Drive Disk, One Touch Backup Function and Restore Software, Included 12V/2A Power Adapter : Electronics

It does cloning also.

Last edited by Plasmatic; 08-17-2022 at 12:24..
NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
167 - 08-18-2022, 17:41
Spent 2 hours doing cable management. Everything is pretty, the sides close with no problem.

My monitor came in. Click the link to see it.
http://www.quatraine3.com/tw2022/IMG_3141.JPG
It works with no problems, don't see any dead pixels so far. Only bummer is the Display Port cable is only 4 feet, so I have to buy one that is 10 feet. That's because my computer is on the floor to the side. It's not sitting next to the monitor. Everything with this build has gone perfect. I love the keyboard, mouse, and gaming headset.
Amazon.com: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum XT Mechanical Gaming Keyboard, Backlit RGB LED, Cherry MX RGB Brown, Black : Video Games
Amazon.com: Corsair Nightsword RGB - Comfort Performance Tunable FPS/MOBA Optical Ergonomic Gaming Mouse with Backlit RGB LED, 18000 DPI, Black : Video Games
Amazon.com: Gaming Headset for PS4 PC Xbox One PS5 Controller, Noise Cancelling Over Ear Headphones with Mic, Surround Sound Wired Gamer Headsets for Computer Laptop Mac Nintendo NES Games : Video Games

I was playing CS:GO switching back and forth to Armory Crate to check the temps. They were in the low 40s. I can crank up the fans to max and that helps.

Haven't done benchmarks yet, but I'll get to them. I got a free activation for Doom Eternal and Ghost Wire for buying the 3090Ti. Tried Doom, don't know if I'm into a zombie game with all the gore. Plus there's a lot to learn with all the combo shots. Downloaded Acronis 2021 and it worked, made an image of my C drive to a backup folder on the E Drive.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 08-18-2022 at 22:31..
NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
168 - 08-21-2022, 11:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmatic View Post
Ah. Do you have a third 3.5 tray that fits in near the power supply also? I backup and move giant files with a USB adapter for 2.5 drives. Backups go in the locked safe.
No, there is no drive bay up top like yours. It's an open space. I have the 2 drive bays on the back and the fan header is on the bottom.

On the left is the 2TB Sata. I created a bootable USB with the newest version of Acronis and cloned my primary drive. I rebooted the computer from the Sata drive and it worked.

On the right is the 4TB Sata. I installed Beyond Compare 4 and made a back up of the storage drive. They sit in the case unplugged until I'm ready to do another backup.

For a portable backup, I use a USB drive, then take it to my daughter's. I have a few in rotation.

Here's the front with the power off.

The GPU has a 12 pin plug where 2 separate power cables connect to the PS (not 3). And that's why for a 3090Ti, you'll need a 1000W PS. That one has a readout on the side. When playing CSGO the power is between 500 and 600W. At idle it's about 150W.

Last edited by NoGodForMe; 08-21-2022 at 11:16..
Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
169 - 08-21-2022, 12:20
Quote:
No, there is no drive bay up top like yours. It's an open space. I have the 2 drive bays on the back and the fan header is on the bottom.

On the left is the 2TB Sata. I created a bootable USB with the newest version of Acronis and cloned my primary drive. I rebooted the computer from the Sata drive and it worked.

On the right is the 4TB Sata. I installed Beyond Compare 4 and made a back up of the storage drive. They sit in the case unplugged until I'm ready to do another backup.

For a portable backup, I use a USB drive, then take it to my daughter's. I have a few in rotation.

Here's the front with the power off.

The GPU has a 12 pin plug where 2 separate power cables connect to the PS (not 3). And that's why for a 3090Ti, you'll need a 1000W PS. That one has a readout on the side. When playing CSGO the power is between 500 and 600W. At idle it's about 150W.
 Rehosted imgs 
I'm glad you offsite your backups. I keep mine in a safe, but I should really put some in the safe deposit box too.

Page 9 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page 49" monitors. worth it?

Social Website Bullshit